I'll Run With You

Captured
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yah! Why are you here again? Get out!" a sleepy Sungmin gets out of his room seeing a beaming Kyuhyun sitting on his sofa, legs resting on his coffee table, eating his leftover cake, watching a sickening romance drama.

Sungmin doesn't really like romantic dramas, it irritates him to the bones watching the lead couples cuddling and being cheesy with each other. Dramas' endings are too cliche for his taste.  The flow of the story is too predictable, he doesn't have to watch the entire episode for him to be able to know what happens next. The girl and the boy got together at last after the heartbreaking circumstances in their way. The lead  guy, who is a filthy rich bratty boy, falls inlove with a poor girl. Everybody goes against their relationship and all. in the end, the guy's family agrees for him to be with the girl who turned out to be a rich man's daughter afterall. The  leads got together and lived happily ever after.

Sungmin doesn't believe in happy endings, too. Those doesn't exist in real life afterall, happy endings fool everyone that everthying will turn out to be alright, that everything will be exactly the way they wanted them to be. If they exist, his parents will still  be living in the same roof today. his family's still complete, that he doesn't have to hear her mother sobbing because of his father every night. A happy ending is just a piece of that story writers thought about.

"Hey! You've just got up and you're kicking me out? Don't you want to see me? What kind of friend are you?" Kyhyun talked a bit louder, not even removing his attention from the drama he's watching.

"Who doesn't kick someout out who enters someone's house at dawn and eats everything in his refrigerator?? You're getting fat Kyuhyun-ah, You should be running around in the streets now instead of munching everything up. I don't  even know when someday my table, my couch, my remote control, or even my entire house is missing just finding out you've eaten them all." Sungmin barked back at him, opening the fridge and getting a carton of milk. But it's really  funny that this man eats everything in his way yet he's not even gaining any weight.

"Yah! You're too much! What about the happy ending we've planned? If you'll kick me out, how are we supposed to turn it into reality?" Kyuhyun entered the kitchen bringing a now empty plate.

"You're still an egg Cho Kyuhyun. Hatch up from your mother's heat first then maybe I'll consider you. And I'm reminding you for the thousandth time, I don't believe in happy endings. Pop that bubble up in your head and get over it already."

Before Sungmin's highschool graduation, Kyuhyun confessed his hidden affection for him. He told his bestfriend that he fell inlove with him since that day when he was in kindergarten. Kyuhyun surely can't point out how it happened but he's still  sure that he's falling in love with his best friend. Sungmin just laughed at his confession, but he knew Kyu was sincere at that time, he can see it in his eyes. But he's not ready for things like that yet, he will never be, he  guessed. Since then, Kyuhyun is bugging him about this happily ever and they're going to turn it into a reality. After the confession and dumping, their relationship still did not change a bit.

"Whatever. You have pancakes? I'm still hungry."

Sungmin stood there agaped watching Kyuhyun rummage his cabinets and refrigerator, rubbing his growling stomach.

"You ate my cake, and my ice cream too, Kyu. Now you're still looking for something to eat. Seriously? Like Seriously?" Sungmin is now shooting his death glares at the tall brunnette walking around his kitchen. 

"How did you know I ate your ice cream?"

"You're the one who enters a house and devours everything that catches his sight. Who else do you think would it be?"

"Aish! You have nothing to eat here anymore. Your fridge is just full of milk, you should buy something to eat too!" Kyuhyun murmured as he closes the refrigerator. "I'll go ahead!"

 

Kyuhyun is in his last year in high school and Sungmin in his 2nd year in college, majoring in photography. Despite their slight age difference, the two were the best of friends. They played in the park  together when they were little. They bullied other kids in elementary together. They received detention together. And almost burned a house down together. They've particularly done everything with each other. They've been friends god  knows since when. Sungmin never really thought of it, but he still remembered the exact day they first met, Kyuhyun was a visitor in his kindergarten class.

 

"I'm getting tired of watching you, why are you always the last one to arrive the finish line? Are you disabled or something?" Kyuhyun, growled at Sungmin.
"It's just that I really don't like running. It makes me tired easily." Ming snarled.
"It's alright, I guess arriving last is not a bad idea afterall." Kyu
"What do you mean?" Ming
"Don't worry. I'll run with you. So you won't be lonely running behind. I'll always run with you, Ming." Kyu said as his own tiny hands grabbed Ming's little ones.

 

Sungmin can't help but smile at the memory. After taking a quick bath, Sungmin went to his kitchen and prepared something for breakfast. A moment later, he heard his door open and a rapid sound of incoming footsteps can be heard. Then Kyuhyun appeared, breathing heavily.

"You're cooking bacon and pancakes and I'm eating them. That's why I came if you'll ask."

"Is your smelling ability getting keener too? I really can't believe you."

Kyuhyun didn't pay attention to the nagging Sungmin as he is starting to place the plates and utensils on the table.

"I'm ready to eat!" Kyuhyun beamed holding his chopsticks on both hands, already settled in a chair across Sungmin's.

Sungmin really has nothing to say anymore. Kyuhyun is always like this ever since. He never had any idea how this idiot became best friend, but it makes him happy nevertheless.

 

---

 

"Kyu! Just this once, please? It's not like I've asked you many favors before. Help me already!"

"Ming, no matter what you say, I wont agree. I don't want to be your subject!! I don't want my handsome face to be displayed in the entire campus you know!"

"It's not like it would be displayed around the campus, it's just for our department!"

"No. How many times do I have to tell you this?"

"Please! I'll buy you anything you want! You like pocky right? I'll buy them for you for 6 months!"

Kyuhyun cocked his head to his right and pretended to think.

"No. The answer will always be a no in capital and bold letters. NO, NO, NOOO!"

"Cho Kyuhyun! I won't graduate if you won't help me with this!"

Sungmin sat in front of Kyuhyun, pearls of tears starting to swell up in his bestrfriend's eyes. They were in their favorite cafe near their university. Kyuhyun is now on his first year in college while Sungmin is already graduating this  spring. Kyuhyun entered the same university as Sungmin 'cause he wants to see him all the time, not to become a project's subject for his graduation. It's been days since the round faced boy kept on bugging him about his  completion project for graduation. Kyuhyun never really get it why it has to be a person, why it has to be him.

"You're the one I want", Sungmin would answer him everytime he asks.

Ofcourse it flatters him, but he just doesn't want to do it.

"Why don't you pick someone else? Choose Siwon hyung, he's perfect for this kind of things", Kyuhyun tries to argue referring to the model-like owner of the cafe they were in. 

"It just wouldn't do if it's not you. Wouldn't it guilt you if I'm not going to graduate because my bestfriend refused to help me?" Sungmin pouted, revealing his most endearing aegyo. 

Kyuhyun tried to not look directly in his face. Sungmin surely knows his aegyo is his strongest weapon against him.

"Owright, owright! I'll think about it. Just stop doing that!"

"Yaaay! Thank you, thank you so much. I know you'll help me sooner. You're the best Kyu. I'm not disappointed I picked the best person to be my bestfriend," Sungmin cheered as he stood up from his seat and scooted his way into  Kyuhyun's side.

"Yah, yah! I didn't agree yet! I said I'll think about it. Aish this kid."

"Whatever. I'm off first, I'll be late for my next class. See yah Kyuhyun-ah!" Sungmin said collecting his stuff and left, sending him a flying kiss before going out the door.


---

 

"Walk a bit slowly over there Kyu. Don't be intimitdated by the camera. Just walk casually and just think that I am not here," Sungmin demanded as they continued their photoshoot.


After a few tenfolds of aegyos and dozens of chocolate pockys, Kyuhyun finally gave in to Sungmin's request thus he is now here in a children's park, walking the same path and making the same pose all over again. They were there since early in the afternoon, trying every pose and spot in the area. And now the sky is beginning to get dark, the pale purplish blue to pale violet color of the dusk looming over them.


How is he suppose to walk casually or even do things casually when Sungmin's eyes are focused on him. He is not really intimidated by the camera, but rather Sungmin's gaze just seems like boring into his whole being, making his heart race and causing the butterflies in his stomach to flutter endlessly. He's going to get crazy as each moment pass.


"I said walk comfortably. My theme is free-spirit, Kyu. Why are you so stiff? This isn't going to work if you keep on doing that. Start from there again," Ming continued to order him on what he should do.


The photographer seemed to be rather grumpy today, Kyuhyun noticed. He stopped walking and stared at his bestfriend's entire figure, the latter massaging his head, breathing heavily, the slightly huge dslr camera hanging in his neck.


"Okay, that's enough walking. Go to the slide."


"What? What am I? A kid?"


"I said go to the slide Cho Kyuhyun!"


Sungmin seemed to be not in his usual self today, too. Dark circles are now forming in his chocolate round eyes. Kyuhyun observed that he is getting skinnier too. The usual chubby cheeks are now gone and his cheekbones are getting more defined. The details of his body are getting sharper. Maybe his bestfriend is going to the gym.


"Okay alright! Relax man! M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter