Chapter 12

Kidnapped (hiatus)

The next day, before Myungsoo was about to walk into the room, he had to stop outside the door for a moment and take a deep breath. Since yesterday, he hadn't been able to breathe normally. He felt like his heart was having problems functioning the way it should, and he didn't know what to do about it. 

What's wrong with me?

The thought of seeing Sungyeol only made it worse. Just seeing Sungyeol's face in his mind, Myungsoo freaked out. 

Bracing himself, he unlocked the locks on the door and walked in. 

Immediately, Sungyeol looked towards the entrance, his eyes brightening. "Myungie!"

Myungsoo froze for a second, surprised. "Myungie?"

For a moment, Sungyeol seemed like he didn't know what Myungsoo was referring to, but then he nodded as if in comprehension. "Oh, I just sort of... It just sort of came out of my mouth. You don't like it?"

"No, it's not that," Myungsoo said hurriedly, shaking his head. "It was just unexpected, is all."

"You can call me Yeollie, if you'd like," Sungyeol suggested with a small smile. 

"I-" Myungsoo began, but he couldn't finish his sentence, as he didn't know what to say. 

"Or not," Sungyeol said, his smill quickly dissolving. "You don't have to."

"I'm sorry," Myungsoo mumbled, so embarrassed that he wished he could sink into the ground. I'm sorry for bringing you into all of this. 

"You're fine," Sungyeol assured. "It's no big deal."

"I meant about last night." Myungsoo looked up through his lashes. Sungyeol was just sitting there on the edge of the bed, playing with a corner of the blanket. 

"It's okay," he said. 

"I shouldn't have slept here."

Sungyeol gazed at Myungsoo with his big, brown eyes, and Myungsoo had no idea what the boy was thinking. I wish I knew what you are thinking. But then he realized that maybe that was a stupid wish. You're probably thinking about how much you hate being here. With me...

Myungsoo looked away, bothered by the thought. 

"I'm fine, Myungsoo," Sungyeol said quietly. "If there's anyone here who's not fine, it's you."

Myungsoo flinched, because he knew it was true and because he wished Sungyeol hadn't noticed so easily. I can't do anything right when I'm around you. 

"Come here," Sungyeol said. 

Myungsoo approached the boy with slow steps. 

"And sit down next to me," Sungyeol continued. "I'll give you my lesson number two."

"Lesson number two?" Myungsoo echoed in confusion. But he did as he was told and sat down on the edge of the bed next to Sungyeol.

Without further explanation, Sungyeol made himself comfortable by laying his head down on Myungsoo's lap. Myungsoo froze, so taken aback by this that he almost rose from where he was sitting. 

"Relax," Sungyeol chuckled. "I'm not gonna kill you."

"I was just surprised, is all," Myungsoo muttered under his breath.

Sungyeol turned his head so that he was gazing straight up at Myungsoo. Feeling extremely out of place, Myungsoo remained where he was, sitting so still that he felt like he wasn't breathing.

"Relax, Myungsoo," Sungyeol coaxed. "You've got to stop being so stiff all the time. It's not good for you, you know."

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol with an uncertain feeling in his chest. He unconsciously bit his lower lip, a habit he had gotten from years of nervousness. 

"And stop that," Sungyeol continued.

"Stop what?"

"That." And Sungyeol reached out his hand and brushed his finger against Myungsoo's lips. Myungsoo stared in silent surprise. Why am I freaking out? There's no reason to freak out. Myungsoo, stop freaking out.

"Biting your lip like that. You'll start bleeding."

"Oh," Myungsoo breathed, looking away. "It's a habit."

"A habit that needs to be fixed."

"So what are you trying to teach me in this lesson, anyway?" Myungsoo said suddenly, changing the topic.

"Oh," Sungyeol blinked, looking for a moment as if he had forgotten all about his lesson. "Yeah. Just to be comfortable. Stop being so stiff. It's not good for you. And I'm slightly tired, so I wanted to borrow your lap for a bit."

And with that, Sungyeol closed his eyes, a small smile playing on his lips. 

Myungsoo wasn't sure if Sungyeol actually fell asleep, or if he just pretended to be asleep, but Myungsoo was afraid he would wake the other, so he sat as still as he could for the duration of the 'lesson'. He didn't know what he was supposed to do except for stare at the wall, so that was what he started out doing. In the end, though, he looked at Sungyeol instead. 

There was something very satisfying about looking at Sungyeol. Myungsoo didn't know what it was, but every time he looked at the boy, he wanted to smile. Sungyeol was just so... bright. Myungsoo felt that if there was one person who could win any person's heart, it would have to be Sungyeol. 

How can one not love the boy?

But that was, in the end, the problem. There was no way Myungsoo could not care for Sungyeol. He also knew that what he was doing was wrong. There was no denying it at this point. He was keeping an innocent boy captive in a dark room with no company apart from Myungsoo himself. And Myungsoo didn't want to anymore. 

He had never wanted it in the first place, but obeying orders had always been the one thing he knew how to do. It was the only thing he knew how to do. It was the only thing he could do. 

But I can't. I can't keep him here like this. It's not right. 

Myungsoo gazed down at Sungyeol, who was lying there with a peaceful expression, his eyes still closed. 

But I don't want you to go, he thought desperately. 

-

"Sungyeol?"

"Hm?" Sungyeol mumbled, half asleep after having eaten too much pizza. They were both sitting on the floor, their legs crossed, slices of pizza lying before them. 

"I've got to tell you something." Myungsoo's voice had quickly gotten almost as quiet as a whisper. 

"Go ahead," Sungyeol yawned, lazily scratching the back of his head. 

"I'll help you escape," Myungsoo urgently said under his breath.

 

Author's Note: Hey, you guise! How's the summer coming along? ..... I don't know how to continue after that sentence... //awkwardsilence// Yeeahh... Well, hope you're all doing great and stuff, and thanks for reading!^^ <3 I'll try to update more often now, since I have more free time^^ See you in the next chappie^^