Prologue

Serendipity

 

April 8, 2009

Yixing was making his way to the school's main gate, today marks their official last day in Senior High before their much awaited graduation and everybody's been nothing but thrilled to start with their University life. He skipped past the girls who were shouting his name, Yixing had no time for that. Once he crossed the school's garden, a tall smiling man stopped him.

"Yo waddup Yixing, why such a hurry?"

Yixing abruptly stopped and wiped the sweat beggining to trickle down his forehead.

"I'm in a hurry Chanyeol, Yifan's been dismissed since a few hours ago and we promised to meet at the village playground. I'm 30 minutes late!"

He explained, the tall boy then sensed the urgency and knew that nothing could stop Yixing and Yifan when they wanted to be together. 

"Oh sorry, just wanted to remind you to not be late in the graduation ceremony on Friday! This is so not the last time we're seeing you, ayt?" 

"Yeah yeah, tell the whole gang too. See ya!"

Yixing then brisk walked again and successfully made it to the village playground in 15 minutes. 

He looked around for the tall guy with the blonde hair and saw him sitting under their favorite tree in the far back part of the playground. He wiped some of the sweat that built up during his 15 minute brisk walk and hurredly ran his fingers in his hair in attempt to fix it, he didn't want to look unpresentable to Yifan. He lightly walked to the tree, seeing that Yifan had his eyes closed. He looked at the gorgeous face of his boyfriend and smiled at how peaceful he looked. 

"Hey Yif-"

Yixing slowly greeted Yifan but he was cut off as soon as he began speaking.

"You're 45 minutes late Yixing. Forty-five. Four five."

Yifan still had his eyes closed and Yixing's face fell, he knew how much Yifan's been valuing their time together because they both knew University won't be too easy considering the fact that they're going to different schools. Yixing was more on the Arts while Yifan wanted to pursue career on Engineering, of course that was what was likely to happen especially because Yifan's the man and the dominant one in their relationship.

"I'm so sorry Yifan...I was just finishing the last art piece in the alumni hall for our batch and the choir coach had to talk to me so I was really late..I'm really sorry, I walked so fast once I knew that I was already free and I know how you value our time together nowadays and Yifan I'm rea-"

Yixing had his head down the whole time he was explaining and he didn't notice Yifan stand up from where he was sitting and was now a few inches away from him when he suddenly engulfed the smaller one into a tight hug.

"I know Xing, I'm not mad. You know I'd wait for you no matter what. Stop babbling, you're too cute when you're in trouble."

Yifan smiled and kissed Yixing's head and the latter once instantly relaxed into Yifan's arms. 

"I thought you were so mad."

Yixing whispered while burrying his face in his boyfriend's chest. 

They spent the whole afternoon sitting under their favorite tree, talking about all the possibilities when they enter University. Talking about their friends, Sehun who was going to be left behind in their senior high school being the youngest member of the group along with Jongin whom they recently became friends with, Kyungsoo who's leaving right after graduation to pursue his Culinary scholarship in France, Jongdae who Yifan trusts so much because he got into the same program and school as Yixing, Baekhyun and Chanyeol the two B.F.Fs who's going to rent a place together and are both going to take courses related to Medicine, Minseok who got himself a contract with one of Korea's top entertainment company after winning a talent competition just last week before their final exams and Luhan who's going back to China for awhile before going back here in Korea to represent the national soccer team and of course Joonmyeon who's flying to United States a week after their graduationto attend a prestigious University under a Business program.

Everything's so planned out, even their schedule for their dates and meet ups because they both know they can't stay away from each other for too long and Yixing only wishes for everything to turn out the way he wishes it to be. Just before the sunset, Yifan asked Yixing to carve in their initials in their favorite tree and he was more than willing to do so. Yixing felt so loved and happy and Yifan felt so blessed having Yixing in his life, their beautiful soft hearted artist and his lover. 

"I'm going to see you this Friday Yixing, be there on time. Okay? No more being late."

Yifan reminded Yixing and planted a soft kiss on his lips which caused the shorter one to blush a little.

"I will Yifan. I'll see you."

Yixing then too planted a soft kiss on Yifan's lips while slightly tip toeing, he loved how tall his boyfriend was. 

 

April 12, 2009

"Where the hell is Yixing? The programs about to start. He's been an hour late, he has my graduation coat! Why?!!!"

Jongdae whined beside Yifan as they were already sitted in their chosen places.

"Yeah Yifan, what's going on with Yixing and why do you look so pale?"

Joonmyeon added, the rest of the group looked at Yifan. 

"I don't know, I can't connect to his phone. I feel like something's wrong."

Yifan muttered as he was still contacting Yixing's cellphone number. 

"Well, let's just hope he can catch up soon. Just relax a bit, he'll be here."

Kyungsoo tried to comfort Yifan but Yifan knew something was up, he was feeling so nervous. 

2 hours have passed and the whole ceremony have concluded, everyone was saying their congratulations and the whole group is nothing but ecstatic. Yifan was the exception, he felt so weak and nervous. He didn't know why Yixing never arrived and the cellphone just keeps on ringing. 

"Still no update from Yixing?"

Luhan approached Yifan and Yifan just gave him a light shake of the head. 

"Why don't you try calling his parents, they know us anyway. Give it a try."

Minseok said, and Yifan hesitated for a while, he has never spoken to Yixing's parents before because they were always away on a business trip.

"Come on Yifan, we're getting nervous here. I don't think this is a light situation anymore."

Baekhyun said while holding Yixing's diploma and medals for him in his absence. Yifan dialed Yixing's mom's number and after 3 attempts, she finally picked up. 

 

"Yixing got into a serious car accident, we're at the hospital right now. He's not in a good shape, he lost a lot of blood and broke a few limbs. We don't think he'll make it..."

 

"What did she say? What happened?" Joonmyeon asked while looking at Yifan worriedly and the others waited for an answer but all Yifan could do was fall to the ground and cry.