Bedtime and lullabies

LULLABIES AND TEARS

In Shin Woo's room...

 

 

Shin Woo was about to take off his shirt when he noticed Mi Nyu look away immediately from his sight. Of course, he was totally aware that he knew that Mi Nyu is a girl.

 

“Are you OK, Mi Nam-ah?” he asked her.

 

Mi Nyu nodded, still not looking at him. She remembered that Shin Woo is a guy. As if Tae Kyung and Jeremy are not!

 

Shin Woo smiled his cute smile and went behind Mi Nyu to take off his shirt. Of course, he didn't want to harass the girl he loves. He knew he looks hot with his lean body, gorgeous abs, and his masculine biceps, but he doesn't want to give Mi Nyu the idea that he is a ert of some sort.

 

Mi Nyu was lost in her thoughts. Earlier that day, Manager Ma gave her a Taser just in case. (In the drama, he gave her the Taser for Tae Kyung). Shin Woo might be a gentleman, but he is still a guy after all. Her soul flew all over the place when Shin Woo tapped her shoulder.

 

“I think we should sleep now,” Shin Woo told her.

 

“Are you all right now, Shin Woo-hyung?” she asked, which he responded with a nod. “I'm sorry for not accompanying you this morning to the amusement park.”

 

“It's all right now,” he lied. “My girl was meeting another guy, so it was not worth it going to the amusement park.”

 

“I feel so sorry for you, Shin Woo-hyung,” Mi Nyu said.

 

“It's all right now. I'm OK because you are here,” Shin Woo told her.

 

“You are so cool, Shin Woo-hyung,” Mi Nyu said to him. “I'm sure she will realize your feelings for her and get back with you.”

 

Mi Nyu reclined and wiggled in her place. Shin Woo smiled as he placed the blanket on her.

 

“Do you want me to sing a lullaby for you?” he offered.

 

Mi Nyu nodded happily. Shin Woo sat in Buddha style near her head and caressed her hair. He began to sing the lullabies that his mother sang for him back when he was still a young boy in Busan. Mi Nyu lit up a small smile on her face, remembering the good old days when Mother Superior would sing lullabies for her. It was always the routine during her childhood days—night prayers then lullabies. She had said her prayers earlier before Shin Woo entered his room, but she didn't know that she will be given a lullaby tonight.

 

Shin Woo noticed her closed eyes that he bent over to her and gave her a lingering kiss on her forehead.

 

“Good night, Sleeping Beauty,” he said to her as her hair.

 

He turned off the lights, went over to his bed and laid down. As he wrapped the blanket around himself, he gave another look at the girl sleeping below his bed. He lit up another heartmelting smile and closed his eyes for the night.

 

Unknown to him, Mi Nyu opened her eyes and got up. Shin Woo was already asleep, and the lights from outside the window emphasized his sleeping countenance. For the first time, Mi Nyu saw the fair lashes that draped his eyes, and the demeanor he had on his face. For all his calmness during waking hours, Shin Woo showed a tired and defeated spirit in his sleep. He looked as if he was tired his entire life, and Mi Nyu, in all her innocence and oblivion, was able to figure out how he looked.

 

“Maybe Shin Woo-hyung was really disappointed earlier this day,” Mi Nyu said. “Mother Superior, I wish I could make Shin Woo-hyung smile.”

 

She never saw him cry, but in his sleep, she saw a teardrop rolling from his eyes. She scooted next to his bed and silently, discreetly wiped the tear from his face.

 

“Mother Superior, I wish him happiness,” she said in her thoughts. “Help me to pray for Shin Woo-hyung's happiness.”

 

Mi Nyu looked at her hyung for a minute before retiring back in her bed to sleep.

 

END