Be Back

Chasing The Stars

 

Myungsoo's POV

"I can't just leave everything for you." My voice strained as I nearly begged for Ahjin to get away from the ledge of the bridge. "I can't."

Ahjin scoffed. "I really had thought you would develop feelings for me. The way you look at me is different from how you look at Min. Did you know that? Do you know how much it hurts?!" Tears streamed down her cheeks in the dim sunlight. Her dark hair stuck to her face as she looked all the way down to the blackened, icy waves below. "Maybe this is the best way. So I'll always live in your memories."

"Get down." I took a step forward, but she moved closer to the edge of the bridge.

"Don't come near me." She glared, but then gave me a grim smile. "Don't you think this is the best way to go? Just one step and..." She looked down again. "Plop."

My heart was mixed with feelings of hatred, anger, pity, and grief as it pounded in my ears. I tried pleading again. "Come down from there, please."

"Before I go, do you want to know something?" She turned her head towards me. "My dad's business is going out. He just told me yesterday. Stocks are dropping by the minute because of another stupid company. And my mom filed a divorce against him. She's just scared to lose all that money and become a poor beggar."

"I-I'm sorry." A car sped by, blowing its cold winds towards me. "I didn't know."

"Of course you didn't." She threw her head back and laughed into the air. Taking a step away from the ledge, she turned her whole body towards me, showing a side view of her stomach. "Do you see this?" She pointed at her flat stomach. "My body is currently carrying another life right at this moment. I didn't know whether to keep it or throw it away. So maybe this way," She gestured to the waters. "We can go together."

"Ahjin." I blinked. "Y-you're pregnant?"

"It's your baby."

I backed away. "I have never touched you. Not one bit. It isn't mine."

"But it is. Because I said so." She tilted her head at an angle. "And so, you can come live a life with me and our baby somewhere away from here or," Her head turned to the horizon. "I can leave with the baby to someplace far, far away from here where you'll never see us again."

My head felt light-headed at the thought of having to make such a decision. "I-."

"Yes?" Ahjin smiled as if she already knew my answer. "What is it?"

"If you come down, I'll go with you."

"Promise?"

"I...I promise."

With a bit of struggle, Ahjin climbed down from the ledge and stood with hope plastered all over her face. "We're going to be together with our baby, right?" She placed my hand against her stomach. "Do you feel it?"

"How long?" I managed to get the few words out.

"Mm.. Three to four months?"

"I haven't even known you that long!" I shook my hand away. "Don't lie to me."

"You promised to live with me and the baby." She clasped her hand with mine. "We're going to live in Busan and be happy together. Away from this place, from these people, and from our families. Together."

"But-." 

"But what?" She questioned. "What about your friends who pitifully follow you around to get attention? Or maybe that sister of yours who dresses so dirtily she lured in one of your friends? How about that girl, Minhee? I heard she slept with one of your friends before. She's such a-."

"Don't." I sneered. "Don't ever talk about them like that! Or I won't even care if you jump off that bridge right now. I should have never told you to come down."

opened in shock with even more tears falling down her face. "Oppa..."

"If I'm going to live with you from now on, I have my own rules too." I trudged over to the car and climbed in. Before Ahjin could react and hop in, I sent a quick text to Sungyeol, telling him all and everything before I couldn't.

I closed my eyes and placed my shaky hands on the steering wheel. I'm sorry Min. I'm so sorry.

"Ready?" Ahjin tried her best to smile as if the past ten minutes hadn't happened at all.

Without responding, I drove off, leaving all but my memories behind.

 

Min's POV

With everything that we've been through, I thought Myungsoo would have contacted me by now. It's been three whole weeks since he had left. Each morning, evening, and night, I check my phone in hope for anything from him, but there was none. Everyone tells me to stop and focus on myself and future, but I just can't bring myself to do that. I need to know about him.

I still regret not confessing my feelings when he had felt the same way. I was a coward for not wanting to come forth and this is what happens in the end, this is what happens to me.

I lost him.

 


I know it's kinda late, but happy birthday Hoya^^