To You

Inscription of Memories |Hiatus|

11 months later...

It has been eleven months already since Byunghun lost his memories. Every day, I would wake up early and sneak to his apartment which he shares with Min Soo. Min Soo would let me in and I would always converse and do things to make Byunghun remember again, yet... he would always tell me to leave or ignore me. I've been trying my best, but I need to give up. Today is the last day. Today, if he still does not show any sign that he would remember me, I'm going to stop. Everybody kept telling me to just give up. Somehow, I can't. I couldn't. But now, I'm going to have to let go. 

Min walked towards the door and knocked. After a few minutes, Min Soo came and opened it.

"Hey, Min-ah," he greeted and let her inside.

"Hi, oppa." She walked past him and headed toward Byunghun's room.

She lightly knocked his door and opened it. He was laying on his bed, still sleeping.

Byughun started kicking in his sleep as she lightly giggled to herself. He still has the same habit while sleeping.

"Yah, oppa," she cooed and poked his cheek. Being a light sleeper, he opened one of his eyes and stared at her.

He muttered something to himself and turned to the other side of the bed, closing his eye again.

She exasperatedly ruffled her hair and hopped over to the other side. "Wake up, Byunghun oppa."

He had a perplexed look on his face. "I've already told you to call me L.Joe. Stop calling me Byunghun."

Min sighed. "Fine then, L.Joe, get your out of bed."

He scowled, but rose up. His body swayed back and forth as he staggered to the bathroom. She chuckled.

"Yah! What are you laughing at?" He whipped around, shooting her a glare. Despite his intense gaze, his morning bedhair stuck out in every direction, which inevitably had Min choking on another giggle. 

She muffled her laugh and replied, "Nothing."

L.Joe returned a few minutes later and walked to his closet.

He turned to her and said, "You're not planning to leave?"

"H-huh?"

"I'm going to change." He gave her a "duh" face while pointing to the articles of clothing in his hand. 

"Oh." A flustered blush spreaded across her cheeks. 

He smirked. "Or do you want to stay here and watch?"

Her eyes widened. "N-no! I'll leave!" She stumbled out of the room and slammed the door shut.

He laughed to himself, shaking his head at her frantic state. Bringing the clothes to his bed, he clutched his head.

"Argh," he groaned and tightly shut his eyes. His clothes that he was holding dropped to the ground along with his body.

"Saengil Chukkahamnida~ Saengil Chukkahamnida~" He heard someone sing. When he turned around, he quickly hugged her.

She giggled and handed him something. "Open it."

"Hmm..." He examined the box in his hand and started opening it. "What's this?"

"Couple keychains!" She proudly twirled the chains in front of him.

"Oppa, what did you get me for Chistmas?"

"Wait here and close your eyes. I'll be right back." She shut her eyes and waited.

"Yah, oppa. Hurry up!" She called out, as she just stood there impatiently.

He crept up to her and said, "You can open your eyes now, jagiya."

She scoffed when she opened her eyes. "Hey!" There, standing infront of her was him with a red ribbon around his neck and a green bow on top of his head.

"Merry Christmas, jagi!" He exclaimed, and embraced her in his loving arms.

She tried to push him away, but of course, she failed. Sighing, she leaned into his touch and looked up at him.

He looked down at her and she blushed. "Yah, you're not going to thank me for the present?"

She rolled her eyes and said, "Thank you for the present, oppa."

He smiled and so did she.

The rest of the holy night, they spent it cuddling each other and staring at the lights and ornaments on the Christmas tree, which they decorated together.

Another shot of pain pounded his head and he cringed. Another memory popped up.

"Again! This time I'll beat you!" He shouted.

She groaned and sighed. "Yah! This is what we've been playing the last 4 HOURS!! AND I AM NOT DOING IT AGAIN!" 

"One more time! Last time! Then we can go home!" He clasped his hands together and pleaded her.

"Fine. Last time!" She grabbed the toy hammer exhaustedly and waited for the game to begin. When it began, he hit the screen furiously as she lazily moved her arm up and down, not even trying.

"I WIN!" He exclaimed and jumped up and down.

"Why are we here?"

He had drove them to a building that looked about twenty stories high.

"You'll see." He held her hand and led her up the stairs. "Wait here. I'll be right back."

"Wait, what? Yah, where are you going?" She asked him as he ran down the stairs and disappeared from her view.

"Kamsahabnida," he thanked the worker at the bakery for the cake and walked out of Destiny Wings.

He took out his phone to check the time. A smile formed on his face when he saw the keychain dangling on the side of his phone. Aish, why am I walking so slow, he thought. She must be waiting for 30 minutes already. He quickened his pace towards the rooftop again.

Not noticing the green light, he ran past the road. A bright light blinded his eyes. The cake dropped and his body fell down hardly. He could hear the bones crunch underneath his skin and saw blood trickling out from his side. People started gathering around and murmuring incoherent s, but all he could think about was her.

He weakly clicked on a button on his phone and a picture of her and him standing next to each other in front of Matoki Land.

"Lee Min-ah, mianhae. Saranghaeyo." He saw a person pushing through the crowd and kneeling against him, calling his name as she did so. His eyes felt heavy and he couldn't keep them open anymore. His eyes closed and images started mixing up with each other. None of them were clear. The image of her started fading away and he couldn't remember anything.

Byunghun's eyes widened as everything started coming back to him. The incident and the events started rushing back to him.

After a few minutes, everything sank in, and he got up to finish changing. He ran over to his closet again, moving all of his clothes out of the way. He saw a small door where he usually hid things in there. He opened the door and took out something.

Grinning to himself, he hid the object in his pocket and walked out of his room with a blank expression. He decided that he'd pretend to not know anything and then, he'd confess.

"Hey, hyung," he greeted Min Soo when he walked out.

"Yo, Byunghun!" He said and wrapped a brotherly arm around his shoulder. "Come sit at the table. I'll bring the food over." He carried the plates and bowls full of food over to the table.

"Eat a lot! Min made all of this!" Min Soo said, and looked over to Byunghun. Byunghun's gaze was on Min. Her eyes were red and puffy. There were dark circles under her eyes and her face looked very tired. He felt guilty for making her like this.

After eating, everyone gathered around the TV. Min Soo sat alone on a rocking chair as Min and Byunghun shared the couch with each other. They would frequently steal glances at each other, but would quickly look away when the other looked back.

A cell phone rang and Min Soo picked it up.

He happily smiled as he answered it. "Yeah, I'll be right there, Ji. See ya in a few minutes, babe!"

"Hey, I have to go. See you guys later." He rushed out of the house, absentmindedly grabbing a jacket, a cap and his shoes. 

There was an awkward silence between the two as the movie continued playing.

Slowly, Byunghun advanced toward Min and wrapped his arms around her. Her eyes widened in shock as she madly blushed. We haven't done this in months... Did he remember?

"Min-ah," his voice spoke softly next to her ear. "I'm sorry."

Her eyes started getting blurry. "For what?"

"For everything. If I were you, I would've given up already. I don't know how you even bared my attitude towards you. I am so sorry," he said sincerely.

Tears started sliding down her face. "I'm glad I didn't give up."

He smiled and took one arm off of her waist to reach for something in his pocket. He held his hand out in front of her.

"Oppa, what is it?" A smile formed on his face, hearing her call him that again.

Byunghun opened his hand while holding the end of it. The necklace shone brightly as she stared in awe. He handed it to her and she gladly accepted it.

"Wow, it's so pretty!" The necklace was a crown with half a heart on it. "But oppa, where's the other half of the heart?"

He chuckled to himself as he got out the other necklace in his pocket. It dangled down his hand. They connected the necklaces together.

"They fit perfectly with each other."

"Just like us," he added. "Happy one year and ten months anniversary, Jagiya."

The tears slid freely down her face. "I seriously can't believe it has been that long since the incident."

He lifted her face up and kissed her cheeks. "Stop crying. All that matters right now is that nothing is going to interfere us and we're going to be forever with each other. Just like what the necklace represents. Our love is everlasing."

A/N: If you want, you can just ignore this author's note, because it's just a promotion.  You know how Min Soo picked up his phone and talked to a character named Ji?  That's a spin-off from "Couple Tattoos" by DinosaurRamenSpirit.  That author.  xD She wanted me to promote her story. Oh, btw, she's also a co-author to my story, "Bulletproof Messaging".  Don't worry, I'm still going to work on "Pray" though.  Sorry for being on hiatus for that story! Lol that's it! Thank you for reading! <3 -CGI