Missing You

Inscription of Memories |Hiatus|

Min happily smiled and looked at the window where He was sitting on the tree, patiently waiting for her. To be more exact, he got bored waiting for her. That's why He was sleeping. After she finished tying her hair into a ponytail, she tiptoed over to the window.

Quietly sliding the window open, she climbed over the tree braches and sat next to him. Min poked his cheek, but he didn't wake up. "Hey, sleepy head! I'm going to push you down if you don't wake up right now!" She fanned Him to make a wind effect in front of His face.

He instantly woke up when his body began falling backwards. "Oh my gosh! You almost killed me! What if I fell down and DIE?!"

She blinked innocently and exclaimed. "HAPPY TEN MONTHS ANNIVERSARY, OPPA!!!"

He raised an eyebrow. "That's all you have to say? I was about to die and all you say is 'happy anniversary'?"

"You don't care about our anniversary? Our ten months of unconditional love for each other? Or was everything just one-sided?" She buried her face in her arms and pretended to cry. Her voice cracked and she said, "I guess let's break up then. If that's what you want."

His eyes widened and he began to panick. "W-what?! WHEN DID I EVER SAY THAT?! J-jagiya! Stop crying!" Her "cries" got louder as she tried her best not to laugh. "H-hey! Uljima!" She looked up and laughed at his panicked face.

"You seriously believed that?" She said in between laughter.

He pouted and wrapped his arms around her. "Meanie. I thought you were really crying!"

Min chuckled and escaped his embrace. She leaned closer to His face and He closed his eyes, anticipating what was coming next.

She smirked and whispered, "See ya." She dashed down the tree as he opened his eyes.

"YAH! LEE MIN, YOU ARE DEAD WHEN I CATCH YOU!" He yelled and began climbing down the tree. Just when she saw Him just above of her, she stuck her tongue out and jumped down, forgetting the impact that was about to come.

"Aish. That hurts. Pabo! Pabo!" She muttered to herself and rubbed her foot. The tree was a good five or six feet from the ground. When she turned around, she saw him catching up to her. Forgetting that her foot hurted, she began to ran. Before she even got anywhere, her face fell flat on the ground.

"Yah, Pabo," he called, and sat amusingly next to her. "What are you doing on the ground?"

Min glared at Him. She hissed, "You think I want to be here?!"

He lightly chuckled and picked her up, dropping her on his back. "Let's go! We still have a lot to do today for our anniversary!"

"I can walk by myself," Min complained.

He let her down on the ground. She wobbled and almost fell on the ground again, but He grabbed her in time and placed her on his back again.

"Oppa, where are we going?"

They were a weird couple. The two would always have a random fight and then be together again, like nothing had happened.

Flashing her a smile, responded, "A place to celebrate our ten months anniversary." 

She pouted because he wouldn't tell her where they were going.

When they finally got to the car, He got her into her seat first then went to the driver's side. She happily the radio.

"Sarangi anya~ Igeon sarangi anya~ Neoui jipchagil punniya~Eodi ideunji naega mueol hadanji~ museowo nareul baraboneun neon~" Min sang the first lines of Jieun's "Going Crazy".

He rapped the beginning of the song. Throughout the whole song, they took turns going back and forth, singing and rapping.

After the song ended, Min turned to Him and asked, "Are we almost there yet?"

He nodded.

"Ahhh! This is my favorite song!" She screeched and began to fangirl when the song "Boy in Luv" by BTS came up. "Doegopa neoui oppa neoui sarangi nan neomu gopa~ Doegopa neoui oppa neol gat-"

"Yah. When were you a boy, huh? Why do you want to be an oppa?" He nagged.

She glared at him. "Why did you turn off the song?!" Something came to her and she smirked. "Or... Are you jealous that this is my favorite song and not yours?"

He scoffed. "Why should I care?"

Shrugging, she took out her phone and BTS's "N.O.". "Omo, Jungkook is so kawaii!!" Min fangirled.

"Everybody say no~! Deoneun najungiran mallo andwae~! Deoneun namui kku- YAH!!! GIVE ME BACK MY PHONE!!"

He plopped her phone into his shirt pocket. "We're here already. Leggo."

"Give me back my phone!" He ignored her and opened the door of the car. She opened her door and slammed it shut. "Hey! Where are you going with my phone?!"

"Hurry up and just follow me." She stopped asking for her phone and obediently followed him. Her eyes looked up and saw the place where they were heading. "O-oppa."

"Hmm?"

"WE'RE GOING TO MATOKI LAND?!"

He let out an amused chuckle and nodded.

"You're the best!"

He chuckled. After walking for 15 minutes, they finally arrived.

"So, where do you want to go first?" He asked, holding her hand.

"Hmm, let me see." Her eyes scanned the place and she pointed to a couple whacking game a few feet away from them. Quickly, she rushed and pulled Him over. "Oppa! Let's play this!" 

3 minutes later...

"I WIN, I WIN, I WIN!" She exclaimed enthusiastically. 

"Again! The last time I wasn't trying!" He complained.

She shrugged and challenged Him, "OK, bring it!"

In the evening...

"Again! This time I'll beat you!" He shouted.

Min groaned and let an exasperated sigh escape. "Yah! This is what we've been playing for the last four hours!" 

"One more time! Last time! Then we can go home!" He clasped his hands together and pleaded her. "Come on, jagi~!" 

"Fine. Last time!" She grabbed the toy hammer exhaustedly and waited for the game to begin. When it began, He hit the screen furiously as she lazily moved her arm up and down, not even trying.

"I WIN!!" He exclaimed, jumping up and down.

She rolled her eyes and clapped. "Now, can we go home?"

"What about the other rides?"

She raised her eyebrow. "It's getting dark. Let's go home. Also, today I decided to show you to my parents again. I feel bad sneaking out every day without my parents knowing that I am with you."

For a brief moment, she could see that His jaw clenched, but as fast as it came, it disappeared. Nonetheless, He agreed. "Fine. However, we have one more stop to go to."

"Really? Where?" Min tilted her head.

He smirked. "Secret."

10 minutes later...

"Why are we here?"

He had driven them to a building that looked about twenty stories high.

"You'll see." He held her hand and led her up the stairs. "Wait here. I'll be right back."

"Wait, what? Yah, where are you going?" She asked him as he ran down the stairs and disappeared from her view. Sighing, she walked over to the railing and looked out at the view of Seoul. What's taking him so long? Maybe I should go check on him... She stepped down the long flights of stairs nervously and began walking straight. Oppa, where are you? There was a large crowd hovering over one another to see what was going on in the middle of the road. Without a second though, she pushed through the people.

Her breathing got unsteady and tears started rolling down. An ambulance's siren could be heard from far away.

"Y-yah! Oppa!" She kneeled down to his body. There was a puddle of blood pooling around him. That was not the only thing why she was crying about though. Next to him, laid a splattered cake. Engraved on it was Happy Tenth Anniversary, Jagi!

"Move out of the way!" People started pushing through and checking His condition.

"Who are you? Are you his relative?" A guy from the ambulance snapped at her.

She shook her head and shakily replied, "I'm h-his girlfriend."

The guy thought for a moment and then said, "Does he have any relatives?"

"Well, he still has a brother, but he's in Japan right now. He's coming back next week."

He nodded and rushed to say, "Fine then. Quickly get inside the vehicle. He's in a pretty bad condition right now." She didn't need him to repeat himself; she had already rushed into the ambulance and sat right next to His body.

Min could not utter anything as she just blankly stared at Him laying there unconcious.

At the hospital...

The doctor walked out. "Guardian of patient 1004?" 

She instantly stood up from her chair and went over to the doctor. "Yes?"

He glanced at her with a look of distress. "He is fine. Fortunately, our team brought him in on time." A smile crept up to her face, but instantly vanished when she heard him say the last words. "However, he lost his memory from losing too much blood from his head when he made such a large impact to the ground. Also, we found out that he did not just casually collapsed. Instead he got powned by a car really hard."

"What? He lost his memory? How- why would anyone do that?! Can you figure out who hit him?" She panicked as angry tears fell down her cheeks.

"At this time, no. Don't worry, we'll try our best to figure it out. For now, you can go visit him." The doctor turned around and gestured for her to follow him.

"Uhm, Doctor?" She whispered as she went to his side.

"Yes, miss?"

"Will he regain his memories when he wakes up?"

He hesitated but then answered, "Well, there's a chance. If you keep trying to help him remember, then he might. But, there's also a grand possibility that he will not remember anything. From the procedures we have done and his current condition, we're sure he'll wake up in around a week or a month."

She didn't say anything as she tried to comprehend what he had just said. He might not remember me?

"We're here," the doctor announced.

Tears started filling her eyes again when she opened the door and saw Him lying on the bed.

"Oppa..." She ran over to the side of the bed and crouched down above of Him.

"You can go home if you want, miss. Or you can grab a chair over there." He pointed at a chair next to a small table in the corner. "It's late, so you should sleep. I suggest that you go home and come back tomorrow, but you may do whatever it is you desire."

She nodded. "Thank you-" she looked at his name tag. "Mr.Choi. But, I'll stay here." Mr.Choi gave her a smile and then left. She scooted the chair next to the bed that He laid on.

Min held his hand and looked at His lifeless figure. "Oppa... Please... Wake up."

After a few minutes, she fell asleep.

One month later...

Min woke up early that day and stared at Him. She poked His cheek, but he didn't do anything.

"Oppa. Wake up." She sighed. He'll never wake up. Maybe I should just give up. It had been a month already since the incident, but still, He laid there unconcious and in the same position for the last thirty days.

"Hiya, Min," someone said behind her.

She whipped around and smiled weakly. "Oh, hi Min Soo oppa."

"He still hasn't woken up?" He asked as he stared at his younger brother.

"Nope. Still as dead as a rock," she tried to joke. 

Min Soo let out a soft chuckle and then said, "I'll go buy some coffee downstairs. You want anything?"

She shook her head.

"Ok, see ya then."

He left and she went back to staring at Him while holding His hand. His fingers flinched and His eyes fluttered a little bit.

She widened her eyes in disbelief. "Is he really... waking up?" His eyes slowly opened and she gasped. "Oppa!" Tears of joy filled her eyes and she dashed out of the room.

Her legs raced down the stairs. She almost fell down the stairs, but somebody caught her before she did.

"Min Soo oppa!" She exclaimed when she looked up.

"Woah. What's the rush? You almost made me spill my coffee."

She scoffed and yelled, "HE WOKE UP! NOW HURRY UP AND FORGET ABOUT YOUR COFFEE!" 

He was drinking his coffee when she said it, so he almost spat it out. "What? Really?! LET'S GO! YOU GO BACK TO HIS ROOM AND I'LL GO TELL THE DOCTOR!" After he said that, they both sprinted separate ways.

Not long after when Min arrived in His room, Min Soo and the doctor stormed in.

His eyes were now open, but a bit droopy.

The doctor checked Him to see if everything was fine. Mr.Choi declared, "He's all right. He can go home tomorrow. If you have any questions, go to my office." He turned around and went out of the room.

"Oppa!" She ran over to his side. "How are you feeling? I missed you so much!"

He stared at her weirdly. "What are you talking about? Me? Your oppa?"

"What are you talking about? I'm Min, your girlfriend! You seriously don't remember me?" She felt her vision blur and tears began streaming down her face.

"I have no idea who you are and why you're even here. Why am I here anyway?" He questioned, clueless.

"You really don't remember anything?"

"No." An annoyed glint appeared in His eyes. 

Min Soo stepped in, "Do you seriously have no clue who she is?"

"Hey, I've already said that I don't know her! WHY SHOULD I EVEN KNOW HER?! The only thing I know is... you're my brother... all of the other memories... are pretty much jammed up," He responded as He clutched His head with an irritated face. "Get out of my room." His eyes glared at Min.  

"What?" She looked up from her shoes where she tried her best to hide her tears.

"I said, 'get out'. Are you deaf? I don't want you here. I don't even know you."

"Why should she leave?!" Min Soo snapped at Him.

"Do I have to repeat myself?"

"Hey, it's okay. I'll go." Min walked out of the room lifelessly and started trudging out of the building.

"YAH! LEE MIN!" Min Soo was about to run after her, but stopped himself because he knew she needed to be alone right now.

She walked out to the bus stop. When she got in the bus, she went to the back seat and leaned her head against the window. Even though I knew you were going to forget me, I don't even know why I even held onto hope.