~Gotta Be You~

Gotta be you

It has been a year since that night and chaerin had spent it getting over the past love she had suffered from so much. Sure her heart ached with everything within her but then again when didn’t it. He was something she truly couldn’t get over, yet here she was walking and talking on her own. Not one training holding the thought of what if.

A smile graced her lips as she handed the child her bag “come again” she said waving to her. “I see your smiling brightly” Chaerin looked to Hyosung “I have to” she said taking in a breath. “Yeah well seeing that working has helped” Chaerin looked to the older waiting for her to push another work load on her. “Gukkie has these tickets” chaerin groaned “fine I’ll cover for you”.

Happiness was jolted through her little body and jumped out to hug the girl “I love you like no other” she declared to the younger. Chaerin only sighed a smile soon falling onto her lips “You owe me a big one” she declared to the girl “yes my lovely rinnie” she sung letting the girl go, she scooped up her bag and hopping over the counter “see you tomorrow” she sung rushing out the door. Chaerin waved to her and also to the customer who she cherished.

“Baekhyun what brings you” she smiled leaning on the counter “nothing much” he said a grin on his lips. Chaerin couldn’t help herself from smiling like a dork “so chaerin, what shall we do today” Baekhyun said with grin. It’s been like this ever since that day he ran to find her. Baekhyun would come into her work place and bring his million dollar smile declaring that she should go somewhere to him stating “Lee chaerin, don’t you know, the world waits for no one”.

Chaerin would roll her eyes but always submit to the man’s insisting and follow him to the end of the world. Hence the love she developed for him. She didn’t deny it and he didn’t mind it seeing he loved just the same. However rushing into things was out of the question, he wanted to mend her broken heart no stress it.

“Sorry hyunnie but I have to close today” she said going to a shelf to place up the new dolls they just got in. “Ok then I will stay with you” he declared following her steps. Chaerin turned around brows almost knitted together “I don’t know” she hummed. Baekhyun let a light laugh lose “yah I have worked before” he stated pointing to himself “yeah but this shop is for doll lovers and little kids” chaerin spun on her hells to face him “can you handle?” she asked in a taunting tone as a grin touched her lips.

Taking a second to relish in such smile baekhyun hit earth once more “Kids love me” he stated placing his hands on his hips as if shocked by the statement “as for doll lovers” chaerin crossed her arms over her chest and raised one brow. “I am one of them” he said wiggling his brow chaerin let go a laugh moving toward the counter “fine stay but here come your first test” she said baekhyun raised his brows this time and looked to the door.

A woman and her child just walked in the store “watch me work” his tone was so cocky that all the girl could do was laugh.

She watched fully amused as the man crouched down to the girls level “may I help you” he asked cutely. The woman was caught off guard by this; her eyes looked to chaerin who mouthed “he’s new” the woman nodded watching as he took the child’s hand leading her to a shelf full of rilakkuma dolls.

Chaerin watched him lift a trail of dolls trying to please the child. One of them was dressed in a witch customer so being the dork he is he picked up the doll and did a cackling laugh. Chaerin held in the laugh looking away but the girl had no problem letting hers go. “Oppa is cute” the girl said poking his cheek, chaerin watched the man blush looking away “ah but your cuter” he said poking her cheek. Chaerin smiled as the girl giggled rocking on her feet as if she was in front of her crush.

Chaerin could only agree with the child as she watched him confirm that she wanted that doll “mm” the girl hummed. “He is a good worker” Chaerin turned spotting the mother standing right next to her “yup” Chaerin hummed as the two came over. “Give to eonni so she can ring it up” Baekhyun told the child “here you go, eonni” the girl said sweetly “is this all” chaerin asked the girl as she adored her chubby cheeks. The girl nodded her head vigorously “ok” chaerin rung it up “2,230 won” she stated the girl reached into her little bag before pulling out the money.

“Here you go” she said chaerin spilled brightly as the child handed her the money from her cute pink bag. Baekhyun watched the smile on the blondes lip, something inside him warmed up because of it.

 

The two walked down the road together, it was silent for a while but it wasn’t the awkward silent because both were in there own worlds. “Chaerin-ah” baekhyun finally spoke, chaerin looked up before looking toward the male who seemed conflicted. “I’m stuck” he said as if he was really conflicted, chaerin looked at him then to his feet just in case he meant literary.

Seeing he wasn’t really stuck she asked “why” they continued to walk down the road as baekhyun hummed “I don’t know” he stated “what do you mean you don’t know” chaerin laughed looking to him again “well for one I feel something right here” he said poking his chest. “When” she asked concerned for him “whenever I look at her” he said as he looked to the long road ahead of them. Chaerin looked down; her she thought a feeling in her chest began to hurt. “Is it good or bad” she asked no matter how wrong it was she hopped it was bad and painful.

“Good” he said eyes sparkling chaerin noticed that and placed her hands in her hoodie pocket. “Oh” she said sad baekhyun looked to her noticing this, he smiled to himself “mm” he hummed “and that’s not all” chaerin didn’t want to hear it but she didn’t speak “I feel as if I have to see her every day, as if someone will appear and take her from her”. ‘Why are you here then’ chaerin thought but didn’t say.

“I feel so stupid because I know she likes me but” he paused halting his steps. Chaerin stopped to feet ahead of him, she turned around masking the pain she felt from hearing this “but no matter how hard I try,  feel guilty” his gaze was connected with hers as her breath hitched.

“I know I shouldn’t be because it’s clear she would accept my heart” he moved closer to the girl as she watched lost but hopeful. She hoped he meant her but her mind kept telling her not to be so foolish. She didn’t need to get her hopes crush when she knew baekhyun was only a friend to her and after the whole chanyeol thing she didn’t need to have things turned out the same way.

“Also how would he react if I did so, would he be even more upset at me for getting so close to her” baekhyun spoke out his inner thoughts and it help chaerins hopes build.

“Even when this is his last dying wish” chaerin raised a brow no he wasn’t speaking about her. No one she knows was dying, Right? Baehyuns steps halted once more, he couldn’t do it. Not even if his heart craved for it he just couldn’t. “Even though I love you chaerin I” he stopped his words and chaerins eyes widen. “You love me?” she asked “yes” he said softly. Chaerin smiled warmly but as her mind caught up with his words she stopped.

“Whose dying” she asked concerned “There is a reason he broke things with you chae” baekhyun said. The two looked at one another; gaped as the words left his lips.

 

Beeping was heard in a room, he lay in the bed looking to the ceiling. He wondered if he finally made the move and if she was smiling. The sound of his door opening caught his ear “Kris did you” he stopped speaking as he spotted her fresh tears in her eyes and hair a mess as if she ran the whole way here.

“Chae” he said softly “why” she asked taking in a weak breath. Chanyeol smiled weakly “you look a mess” he said trying to lighten the heavy aura. “Don’t change the subject” she told him “I’m not, you’re here right now and I’m stating what I’m seeing” he said sitting up “what’s in front of me” he said softly. Chaerin shook her head slowly as the tears formed once again.

She moved to his bed, sitting next to him she leaned forward placing her head on his shoulder. “If baekhyun would never had told me I wouldn’t have” she trailed off “you would have been fine” he finished looking in the distance. “Why did you leave him” chanyeol asked upset with her “why didn’t you tell me” she countered “because I didn’t want you to worry about useless things” he said. Shocked and hurt she moved back “this isn’t useless” she stated fitting the anger.

“Chae, it is” he said touching her shoulder “you can’t stop it” he added. Chaerin looked toward the floor. “Do me a favor” he called to her, she looked into his eyes “love someone who isn’t me” he told her. Chaerin ran a hand through her hair “I already have” she told him. Chanyeol smiled before kissing her forehead, he rested there then pulled back “go to him” he told her.

 

Chaerin walked up the steps that lead to the roof top, coming to the top of the roof she spotting baekhyun she sighed to herself. He had a bottle of beer in his hand, looking at it he groaned drinking. Chaerin moved from her spot and trailed over to him, silently she sat beside him he didn’t look over because her scent told him who she was. Nothing was said as she took the bottle from him and drunk from it. She passed it back and he took it. The two looked out at the city below them.

Chaerin took in a deep breath and laid her head on his shoulder, “can I tell you something” she said looking out. He hummed for her to tell him “if I were to die and come again” she stopped “things would have been different” baekhyun drunk some more “I would have stayed his friend and wouldn’t have let him push me away” chaerin spoke soullessly. “However, when it came to love” she sat up and looked to him.

Baekhyun met her eyes “I would pick you” she said he smiled softly as his hand reached out for her. Pulling her near him and he rested his chin on her head “I just hope he doesn’t die too soon” she said to him. Baekhyun only sat there listening to her sniffles as she cried on his chest.

~4 years later ~

“Yah hurry up” Chaerin yelled as she rushed down the steps to place something in the trunk. “I’m coming” baekhyun said he walked down the steps as their daughter, sojin hopped down every step. Chaerin smiled closing the trunk “Come here baby girl” chaerin said picking up the four year old, she held the keys out by her pointer finger and thumb.

Baekhyun sighed taking them and moving to the driver’s seat. Chaerin placed the child within her car seat. “Mommy~” the child whined eyes fixed on the stuff animal on the floor. Chaerin picked up the doll and passed it to her child “here you go sweetie” she hummed kissing the child’s head.

The girl smiled as her mom closed the door and moved to the passage seat. She climbed in and buckled herself in, baekhyun watched her with a smile “cute” he hummed “what” chaerin asked sitting up “nothing” he hummed pulling out of the drive way. “Yah baekhyun-ah” the girl hissed “I love you~” baekhyun said “EW don’t say it like that” chaerin said disgusted.

 “Kkaebsong~” chaerin laughed hitting his arm.