chapter 2

Way back home

          He was observing the kid playing on the ground. Her mother wasn't home yet. He wondered if she still worked there after what happened yesterday. But if she did, he'd make sure she got fired soon. 
                                                                                                 
                                                                                                     
"Sir, I found out that Kim company was broke five years ago, due to the embezzlement of 10 billions krw of the CEO. Mr.Kim, who couldn't afford for the debt, committed suicide. Mrs.Kim couldn't bear her husband's death and passed away few months later. Their only daughter had to change her identity in order to hide from her father's lenders."
His chest twisted upon hearing the report. Mr and Mrs.Kim, they were one of the nicest people he had ever known! And now he'd never see them again. Damn, why he never heard of this?
"The daughter." He paused. "How is her marital status?"
"There was no record of her marrying anyone." The detective looked up from his papers. "But an insider revealed that she was pregnant at that time."
                                                                                                    
 

The girl raised her head up when she heard the footsteps coming close to her.
"Hi, Eunmi! Can I play with you?" 
"Umma told me not to talk to stranger."
"But you are talking to me then?" 
"So I won't talk to you anymore!" She turned her back at him.
He let out a small chuckle. She was so much alike to her mother.
"Eunmi, do you like ice cream?" He coaxed.
"But umma won't be happy if I go with you." She pouted. No kid could resist such an offer.
"She won't know if none of us tell her." He lifted her up from the ground and walked to his car. 
"Now, let go to the ice cream shop and buy you the biggest ice cream, okay?"
"I love you, Mr. Handsome." She clapped her hands together.
"Call me uncle Jaejoong." He tousled her hair. " But thanks for the compliment."
                                                                                                                 

"How does it taste?" He asked the little girl as he was watching her eating the ice cream.
"Very good." Eunmi smiled widely that her eyes turn to two small lines. Hyuna had that eye-smile when she smiled too.
"Uncle Jaejoong, do you want some?" She offered, putting the spoon in front of his lips.
"Ah." His mouth opened hugely, welcoming the sweet taste of strawberry.
"Haha. You look like umma when I fed her. Just like a blowfish." She giggled.
Eunmi kept smiling happily. She hadn't eaten ice cream for ages. An unfamiliar warmth creeping into his callous heart. Jaejoong had always dreamed of having children, with her. So they'd have her big eyes, her milky skin, her cute little nose and her pink plump lips. He wanted to have so many many epitomes of hers. That dream was crushed down when she disappeared from his life years ago. But now, he found out that that dream hadn't died completely, thanks to Mr.Lee the
"Eunmi-ah, where is your dad?" He stared at her gingerly.
"Umma said that Appa worked at a very far far place so that he could make a lot of money for our future." His heart tugged at her guillibility. 
"Do you want to meet Appa?" Jaejoong caressed her chubby cheek softly.
"Yes, of course. Umma told me that Appa is very handsome, like an angel, that he is the most beautiful creature that ever walked on this planet. Although I didn't understand what "creature" and "planet" meant." She puffed her cheek cutely. 
Even with or without Hyuna's approval, she was still his daughter. He had missed five first years of her life, and he wouldn't let that happened again.
"Let's go home, baby angel."
                                                                                                    
"Eunmi, Umma's home!" Hyuna sang happily because the bar owner was strangely unknown to what happened yesterday, which meant she still had that job but Hyuna swore that she'd never walk into a VIP room again. 
She dropped the bag of food when she saw that Eunmi wasn't all alone. 
Her feet buried on the ground, totally speechless but her eyes didn't leave him for a second.
"Umma, this is uncle Jaejoong, my new friend." The little girl chirped as she ran to her mom.
Hyuna, regaining her composure, broke the eye contact and sat down next to the baby girl's level. 
"Eunmi, can you play at Mrs Goo's while I'm talking with uncle?". 
"O...okay." The kid gave her mother a weird look but still followed what she said.
Hyuna quickly closed the door then faced the man who was standing still there the whole time.
"What are you doing here?" She glared at him.
"She is my daughter, isn't she?" He asked her back with a poker face.
His question made her taken aback.
"Is that a yes?" He smirked.
"No. She's not." She folded her arms. Hyuna didn't know why but she didn't think having him back in her life was a good idea."Then who is the father?" If she wanted to play this game with him.
"It's none of your business." Hyuna uttered before walking to the kitchen.
"I can always take a hair of her and have a DNA check." He leaned again the wall behind his back, still with a cocky smile on his face. "Then I will fight for custody. She'll live a better life with me." Jaejoong rolled his eyes as if he was contemplating the house.
"Don't you ever think of stealing Eunmi away from me!" Hyuna swiftly stood in front of him and grabbed his collar. She hissed. 
"So do you admit that she is my daughter?"
"Eumi is my daughter."
"You are so stubborn. So I'll just have to ask for the help of law." He took her hands off him.
"What do I have to do to stop that idea from you?" She asked, half pleading.
"Then come back to me." He said sofly.

"No,I can't." She looked away.
He grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at him square in the eye.
"Don't you want her to have a father? Can you guarantee about her future? Can you?" His voice got louder and louder. Hyuna slipped down to the floor. Her life was just a failure. 
"What's about your...your wife?" 
No man could be single after all those years.
A hint of joy appeared in his eyes as Jaejoong sat down next to her.
He lifted her head up and cooed.
"I haven't slept with anyone after you."
Her eyes bulged. 
"I guessed that last time brought Eunmi into this world, didn't it?" He smirked. 
Hyuna blushed hardly at his audacious comment.
"I tried so many ways to forget you" I thought that I could live well without you. By cursing you every day. But when I saw you yesterday, all my attempt just crumbled. Because you had never been out of my mind for a second even when you were always cruel to me." 
Jaejoong said she was cruel to him. But he didn't know that she was cruel to her too. Hyuna thought that she could find a new one to replace him, wasn't that what she want? Freedom? No commitment? New experience? Attention? But what Hyuna didn't know was that she loved him more than she expected, way way too much. That was also when she found out about the baby. Their baby. But she didn't plan to go back to him. How shameless a woman she must be to return to him like nothing ever happened between them? He wouldn't believe the baby in her tummy was his, either. She was sleeping around, anyway. Then the catastrophe that hit her family crashed her last hope of being with him again. She couldn't bring him into her own trouble. So Hyuna ran away and brought up their daughter on her own just like that. Eunmi was the last thing Hyuna could cling onto in this lonely world. She was the result of their love. The love that she wouldn't ever have again. Until yesterday. She had to restrain herself from jumping on him, snuggling into his chest and inhaling his scent as much as possible. The figure that appeared in her dream every single night, the reason why she cried her heart out in the torment the following mornings. 

Hyuna, still in a daze, caressed his cheek unknowingly. His eyes, his nose, his lips. They were exactly what she remembered. Jaejoong closed his eyes and held the hand on his face. She was going to kill him if she went on touching him like that. 
"I know you still love me." He cooed into her ears as he kissed the crook of her neck. His nose screamed out in joy upon taking in the old perfume. His kiss went up to her jawline then her lips before slipping his tongue into and turned her knee wobbly with a passionate and gooey French kiss.
Her body became jelly as she was tasting heaven again. Hyuna officially gave up. She grabbed his hair then pulled him closer to her before responding him.
Their tongue had been battling for more than 5 minutes when the door opened suddenly.
"Umma, Uncle Jaejoong, what are you two doing?" The little girl tilted her head to the side, looking a the two adults in front of her in curiosity.
"No..nothing." Hyuna was the one recovering first but she still panted like a cow. She hadn't kissed for years and she couldn't endure the lack of oxygen that long, along with the sensation he caused her. 
Hyuna was too embarrassed to even glancing at him, so she quickly walked up to Eunmi, who was still standing at the door, and carried her to the bed. 
"Time to sleep."
                                                                                                       
"I think I'm going to be crazy, but in a good way" Jaejoong rested his head on the wall as he waited for her in the living room. "And this isn't done yet." An evil smile plastered on his flawless face. After 15 minutes but seemed to last forever, Hyuna reappeared behind the door. She was about to go the bathroom when an arm pulled her back.
"Where do you think you are going?" He backhugged her.
"Bathroom maybe?" Hyuna answered, trying to calm down her thumping heart. She couldn't believe having him so close to her like that again. It was too good to be real.
"Not yet, until I get what I want." Jaejoong led Hyuna to her bedroom then locked the door. He loved his daughter but kids were always the worst ers. He took off her shirt then spread his kiss all over her neck, her shoulder, her check while Hyuna threw her head backward, enjoying the contact between his soft lips and her sensitive skin. 
"I miss your body so bad." Hyuna moaned under every contact he made. When he was about to unclasp her bra, she held his hand back.
"I...haven't done this...since I found out that I was expecting." Her cheek was burning red at the confession. 
He kissed her cheek gently and snickered. "That sounds hot, Mrs.Han"
He cupped her cheek and looked into her big eyes that sparkled in the dark room.
"I love you, Hyunie. Don't ever forget that. But if you dare to leave me again..." She cut him off with a chaste kiss.
"I, Han Hyuna, will never make the same mistake twice." She stared at him longingly and Jaejoong knew that she wasn't lying.
"I believe you." Jaejoong interwined his fingers with hers and smiled with all his heart. Because he was finally home now.