chapter 1

Way back home

     Five years had past since the last time he saw her. It was five freaking damn years that he had lived in that lifeless house with a lifeless soul. His Iove was never enough for her to stay. In the morning five years ago, he woke up with a dorky smile on his lips, and tingle all over his body remembering what he did to her and what she did to him the previous night. Her kisses, her touches, her body, her scent, everything belonged to her still engraved onto his mind. The desperate sensual attempt to hold her back by his side turned into a passionate lovemaking. He swore that even if he had to chain her by handcuff, he would do. Just to see her every second of the day. Jaejoong was trapped too deeply in this maze that he could never find a way out. He didn't want to, either. Hyuna was everything he had ever had.

"Good morning, beautiful" He said sleepily, thinking that his girl was still there. "Babe?" When he outstretched his arms to hug the familiar figure and feed himself with her presense, it fell emtily onto the pillow, which had no warmth left. Jaejoong sprang out of the bed and ran around, couldn't care less that he was . "She's maybe in the bathroom. Hyunie! Hyunie! Babe?" He flung the door open, which was almost broken due to his vehement force. She wasn't there. Kitchen, living room, guest bedroom. There were no sign of her. He stumbled back into their bedroom. She left. His patchable heart was ripped into pieces again. Jaejoong couldn't believe she left him again after the whole world he offered under her feet. The pain was too much that he could barely breathe. "Don't cry. You aren't allowed to cry. Hyunie will laugh at you when she comes home and sees you like this!" He told himself that but the tears were still rolling down his cheek as if mocking at his delusion. His Hyunie just went somewhere, didn't she? Then he glanced at the bedpost where a note landed neatly on. He grabbed it without hesitation, hands shaking.

"Dear Jaejoong, When you open this letter and read it, I've already gone. Thank you for making my life a heaven on earth while I did nothing but turning your life into a living hell. Sorry for not saying this to you directly. I'm a coward, I was afraid that I would go weak under you again. Just hate on me, because it will ease the pain I cause for you and then when you realize you no longer love me, an ungrateful , let's go find a really really good girl and live happily every after with her. Kim Hyuna."

"Who the hell are you to tell me how to do with my life?" He howled, throwing the nearest flower vase into the mirror. The hundred of shards and the red roses rained down the floor. Red. Her favorite color. His knees crumbled, tears in his eyes were yelling for an escape but he couldn't grant them. She was gone, for real. "Kim Hyuna, I will never forgive you." When the sun went high, the man still lied on the floor like an unborn child, covering himself from the nip which didn't come from outside.

---o0o---

"Jaejoong! HAN JAEJOONG!!!" "What?" He snapped out of the trance and glanced at the guy in front of him. "Are you thinking about her..." "Don't you ever talk about that in front of me!!!" Jaejoong growled with his eyes glaring at Yunho, as if he wanted to burn him into ashes. "I'm sorry, okay?" The man raised his arms above his head, surrendering. His best friend could be very intimidating at time, especially after he lost the meaning of his life. "You guys make a lot of noise in here!" An overweighted bald man walked into the room with a playful grin on his face. "ha ha." Yunho smiled sheepishly yet politely at the older man as he sneaked a peek at Jaejoong, who still had that pissed look on him. "Oh God, i shouldn't have mentioned her at all. How stupid." He mentally smacked his head. "So, Mr Lee, I hope you have considered about the deal."

"Not yet. After we have some fun here." The said Mr Lee clapped his hand, which was followed by three girls dressing suggestively and deliciously. "Hey beautiful, serve these gentlemen well!" He winked at the two younger men. Yunho shrugged, he didn't mind having these hotties sitting on his lap, especially if it brought millions dollar to their company. And Jaejoong the dummy, was forever with his poker face. He was so used to this kind of thing. Hanging in bar, drinking, women, business. Everything was just about money. In the haft-lit room, he felt the warmth emitting from the girl sitting next to him. She didn't say a word and her head lowered as she fidgeted her fingers. Jaejoong snorted.

"Are there still shy girls in this place?" He learned the side profile of the girl.Her eyes were big and her long eyelashes, which didn't seem fake, batted nervously. Her nose was long and high. Her luscious lips were pursed together. Her skin was so white that she was literally glowing in the dimness. That was a beautiful girl. He let out a bitter laugh that startled Yunho, who was busy making out with his chick. It felt like Jaejoong was describing his ex-girlfriend. "That still haunts me in this dirty corner." his lips while observing the girl next to Jaejoong for awile, Mr.Lee realized that she was more yummy than his, so he said.

"Jaejoong-sshi, if you aren't interested in her, can I?"

"My pleasure, Mr.Lee!" He jerked his glass, signaling that he didn't mind at all.

"Come here, babe!" The old man smiled slyly at the woman. Then he yanked her off, making her fall to his lap as he squeezed her hard.

"AH! What are you doing?" She shrieked, jumping out but was held back by his strong grip.

"Don't act like you're a , !" He slapped her across the face with the glassy look on his eyes. He was drunk. "Money, isn't it? Satisfy me and I'll give you as much as you want." He wheedled as he d her clothed and kissed her neck roughly. The girl wriggled hopelessly. She just had worked here since yesterday, as a waitress. Not a ! The drunkard's smelly breath made her nauseous. Meanwhile, Jaejoong was lost in his agitation. That voice. It couldn't be! He lifted his head up slowly until his eyes met her. The two of them had the same facial expression. They looked like they just met ghost. Yes, ghost from the past. God had his own way of teasing with people's fate. After five year, their lives crossed again. In a situation that the man was watching the woman being violated by his business partner. Hyuna cried quietly in disgrace. He was just sitting there while she was about to being . She broke his heart badly so she had to pay now. She felt the man's hands roaming over her back, looking for her dress's zipper. Soon after, she was left with just her undies. Hyuna shut her eyes tightly. She had stopped struggling. If she didn't see anything, then it wouldn't hurt her. His filthy hands trailed down to her and started to pull it down when a strong hang stopped him.

"Jaejoong-sshi? You want some too? So let's play three..."

"Get your dirty hand off her!" He roared.

"So now you are interested in her? I know, she's really something." He drawled, with his other hand rubbing her thigh.

"I said. GET YOUR DIRTY HAND OFF HER." With every syllable, he threw a punch into his face. The man, being attack suddenly in the unsober state, couldn't defend himself and just let to be beat ruthlessly. Jaejoong thought that he would be more than amused to see her being tortured like that, that he had no feeling toward her anymore but contempt and hatred but he, himself, knew that he was never good at lying. Mr.Lee would probably die if Yunho didn't look Jaejoong's arms behind his back and yelled.

"Are you insane? What about the contract?" He snatched his arms out of the taller man.

"I don't give a damn." He dragged Hyuna out of the room without looking at her. Everything happened too fast that all Hyuna could do was following him dumbly like a ragged doll. But when they was at the entrance of the bar, she stopped.

"What?" He snapped. Hyuna covered her exposed body, didn't dare to look up at him. "Wear this!" He wrapped his jacket around her shoulder as he lead her to the parking lot and opened the door of his car for her. Even with the woman he hated the most, Kim Jaejoong was still a gentleman.

"I think I should walk..."

"Get in!" He demanded. Hyuna knew that she'd better obey him. "I won't be suprised if you are getting again while walking around with that." He mumbled, but enough for her to know what he meant. The expensive car was filled with silence. Both of them were strayed in their own disordered mind, trying to figure out the answer they're dying to know. "Did she get married? Have kids? What made her work there? Why do I even care? I'm supposed to hate that woman till death!" "Did he find someone? Hope that she treats him well, unlike me." The love they had for each other was still somewhere deep down inside their heart, but they just didn't realize yet or tried hard to deny it. People sometimes were so dull and proud that they didn't dare to acknowlegde love and happiness. Just when it flew away that they felt regretable. But like what was said, when everything was too late then there were no way turning back.

"Thank you, Jaejoong-sshi." She said out of blue.

"You're welcome." He replied with a snigger. "and now I'm Jaejoong-sshi." Hyuna felt the sarcasm in his voice. What did she expect from him? She even told him to hate her. And from what she saw, he did that pretty well. "I didn't know that a lady like you could work at a place like that? Where's your parents? Or where is your provider?" He continued, throwing at her a dirty look. "Why don't you say anything? Where is the proud, graceful and heartless Kim Hyuna I used to know?" His tender, ironical voice like thousands of needles stinged into her heart.

"Jaejoong-sshi, please...just please stop!" Her voice was shaking that she tried hard to make her words audible. Seeing her so vulnerable and offended like that didn't make him feel any better, either.

"Where do you live?" He asked perfuntorily. "Huh?" It took her a few second to realize that he asked for her address.

"In...cheon." She stooped her head, too embarrassed.

"That slum? What the heck happen to your life?" He blurted out, not remember that he was supposed to act as if he didn't care. She didn't know how to answer him. What was left to say? Yeah, a lot of thing happened to her life. A lot. "Answer me!" Jaejoong stamped on the brake abruptly, making her fall forward.

"What do you want me to say? We are just strangers!" She yelled out.

"Look at me and say that we're just strangers!" He gripped her wrist tightly as he shouted back.

"We are just strangers!" Hyuna gritted her teeth, looking at him in the eyes with the complete blankness on her face. His grasp loosened, leaving a red streak on her wrist. Jaejoong started up the engine again and the black car launched into the dark.

 "You can stop here!" Hyuna said, watching the road. Still not looking at him, she muttered a thank-you and got out of the car, waiting for him to leave. Seemingly to read her intention, Jaejoong swirled the steering wheel and drove away. No words, no expression.

      When Hyuna thought that she was left alone, she walked into a smelly alley leading to her shabby house. When Hyuna opened the door, she was greeted by a little girl jumping on her happily. "Umma, umma, why are you so late?" The child whined a bit, with her legs wrapping around her mother's waist. Holding onto her daughter's back, Hyuna pinched her cheek. "Umma's sorry, Eunmi don't be angry at me. Ok?" "Ok, I forgive you." Eunmi giggled as Hyuna shut the door behind their back, unawaring of a black silhouette standing so close to them.