Wishing You In My Arms

JIEUN'S POV

Holding my boyfriend's hand out in the open is the best thing that has ever happened to me. It's such a privalige to have someone like Kris. 

"But Eomma! My Ball!" a little boy, about 5 years old, cried. "It fell into the streets. I can't do anything about that." his mother told him softly. Kris looks at the little boy with the sensitivity that I recognize. He lets go of my hand and walks over to the parent. "Excuse me, but I don't mind retrieving the little boy's ball for you." Kris smiled. "No! It's fine. That'll be too much trouble!" the parent insisted. Kris smiled at the little boy and pat his head and then came over.

When the light turned green, Kris walked over to the ball in the middle of the road and picked it up. The boy looked at Kris overjoyed. I smile at Kris for being so kind-hearted. Where am I supposed to find another guy like him?

Kris makes his way over when a car made a sharp right turn, heading towards Kris! Without thinking, I rush over to him. "Kris! Look out!" I shout, pushing him backwards, sending the ball high up into the air. The car crashes and a long horn was heard. Then, nothing.


KRIS'S POV

"Kris!" and then a hard push in the back making me fall backwards on my head. A sustained car horn was bursting my ear drums. I try to get up but my left leg is trapped under the car's crushed hood. 

I turn around and I see a large crowd, paparazzi, and the driver with his eyes closed, blood heavily flowing out of his head. I look around and I see a familiar figure under the car just on my left. Her hair is fanned out on the cement, her face buried on the cold ground, lifeless and helpless. "Jieun! No!" I say weakily. The smoke released from the demolished car fills my face, blurring my vision. 

I reach for her hand but I was out of reach. I tug on my leg, trying to break free but it wouldn't budge. Soon, sirens could be heard from miles, gradually getting louder as it nears. Attempting again, I reach for my girlfriend's hand. "Jieun. No. Please." I whispered. But it was no use, I was too far. And then I black out.


Many hours later...


LUHAN'S POV

I was shocked when I heard the news. I hope they're okay. I've been told moments ago that Kris and Jieun got into a car accident with a drunken driver. As terrifying as it may seem, I needed to go to see if they were okay.

The gang followed into the hospital shortly after my arrival. "What in the world just happened? How did Kris and Jieun both end up in a car accident?" Baekhyun asked me. "I don't know! I just got the news!" I replied in panic. Then, a familiar voice was heard.

"Guys!" Kris shouted with one leg propped up in a wheel chair and several bandages wrapped around his head and arms. "Are you his family?" the nurse who was pushing Kris's wheelchair, asked. "Close friends actually." Kris says, turning his head to face her. She nodded in understanding and left them alone. 

Overwhelmed to see that Kris is alive, I give him a bro hug. "Aigoo! Not so hard Luhan!" he tells me. "Sorry." I reply. "Where's Jieun?" Hana asked. Frowning, Kris looks down and starts to tear up. In disblief we look to our right where the doctors are telling people to hurry up and get out of the way. Then Hyoseong runs up to the doctor in panic. "Doctor! Is Jieun going to be okay?" she asked in panic. "We don't know for sure. She has lost a lot of blood and is currently unscious without a pulse. We're going to do everything in our abilities to help her. Now please wait here." the doctor responded. 

All of us take a seat as the doctor beyond the curtain wall is yelling clear every now and then. My legs won't stop shaking and I can't breathe properly. Jieun has always been a little sister to me. I can't let anything happen to her.


SUNHWA'S POV

I'm chewing on my nails as chills go up and down my spine. The amount of clears that the doctor yells scare me because that means that Jieun's pulse hasn't come back yet. I feel tears roll down my cheek, scared that something bad will end up on Jieun Unnie. We as a whole have been the closet of friends since kindergarden. Now here we are, all of us in our 20's, sitting in a hospital with nothing but fear in our souls. Jieun. Please be okay.


KAI'S POV

I think that Kris and I are equally as worried for Jieun. Although we've been friends since kindergarden, I have always had a crush on Jieun. I just never got my chance because Kris made the move before I got the chance. I loved her more than anything else in the world but I just couldn't fight with my best bro over a girl. I breathe deeply in and out, shaking as the cold and lifeless air enters my body. 

Then the curtain swings open as the doctor walks out talking his face mask off. Looking up, I run up to the doctor. "Well?" I asked in panic, all jittery. The doctor looks down in despiration then dares to meet my eyes again. "I'm sorry but we have done everything we possibly can." he says. In shock and terror, I stand there, frozen like a statue. Everyone else brushes past me with tears and breakdowns, shaking Jieun and telling her to wake up. My heart is torn and my legs go numb. I fall to my knees, hopeless and in despair. 

Jieun, why did you have to leave us?