3

Geeks and Popular Kids

Jiyeon was home alone when there was a knock at the door. She looked through the window and saw Hyomin. She went to open the door.

"Hyomin, what are you doing here?" Jiyeon asked.

"I'm not leaving until you tell me who you want to kiss." Said Hyomin, closing the door behind herself as she pulled Jiyeon to the couch.

The radio was playing quietly in the background. Jiyeon looked nervously at Hyomin.

"I can't. She doesn't like me in that way anyway." Jiyeon said, sighing.

"Is she single?" Hyomin asked, moving closer.

Jiyeon shrugged. "I think so."

"What's the first letter of her name?" Hyomin asked.

Jiyeon paused, then spoke. "It's H."

"Uh.. Hyoyeon? Hyemi? Hyeri? Hyemin?" Hyomin came up with a long list of names. Jiyeon said no to them all.

"I really don't want to talk about it.." Jiyeon said quietly.

"Are they in any groups at school?" Hyomin asked, not giving up.

"..The dance team." Jiyeon mumbled.

"There's only two people in the dance team with a H at the start of their name." Hyomin said, looking up at Jiyeon. "And since you said she's probably single, it's not Hyoyeon. It's me, isn't it?"

"It.. It m-might be.." Jiyeon said, looking away as her face turned red.

"Look at me Jiyeon. Is it me?" Hyomin gently turned Jiyeon's head to face her. "Speak."

"..It is.." Jiyeon mumbled.

"I see.. How long have you felt this?" Hyomin asked.

"Uhm.. Well.. A while.. But more since we started talking..." Jiyeon said.

"Let's be together, Jiyeon." Said Hyomin.

"W-What?" Jiyeon stuttered.

"You heard me. Let's be together." Hyomin said, smiling a bit at Jiyeon's surprised expression.

Jiyeon didn't know what to say, she only managed to stutter a few words before Hyomin leant closer and kissed her.

 

The next day when news spread that the leader of the dance team was dating, people were running around all over the school to try and find out any new information. Around Hyomin's table outside, many people were asking questions, and Hyomin was getting very annoyed.

"Who is he?" Someone asked.

"What's his name?" Another person asked.

"Where's he fr-"

"I have said many times, I am not going to discuss this with any of you. My dating life has nothing to do with any of you, and it never will have anything to do with any of you." Said Hyomin, and with that, she got up and went inside to the library where nobody would find her.

Jiyeon was sat at one of the desks at the back of the library. She was deep in concentration and didn't notice Hyomin approaching.

"Jiyeon-ah~" Hyomin said quietly.

Jiyeon looked up. "What are you doing in here?"

"People were being annoying, and I wanted to see you." Said Hyomin.

"Sit." Said Jiyeon, patting her lap.

Hyomin carefully sat on Jiyeon's lap. "What are you studying?"

"Space." Said Jiyeon, wrapping her arms around Hyomin's waist.

"..Red-shift." Hyomin said.

"Yep. Red-shift." Said Jiyeon.

"I know red-shift." Hyomin said with a small laugh.

"Mhmm.. I taught you." Said Jiyeon. "How long are you planning to stay in here? You know that people will eventually come in here looking for you."

"I never come in the library. This is the last place anyone would look." Said Hyomin.

"You shouldn't stay for long in case someone does find you." Said Jiyeon. "Don't you have dance practice?"

"Yeah.. Are you going to come watch?" Hyomin asked.

Jiyeon nodded. "I like to watch. It's interesting."

"Let's go sit in the changing rooms then. I need to put my dance clothes on anyway." Said Hyomin.

So they walked to the changing rooms together. Jiyeon sat on the bench as Hyomin got changed.

"When you're older, are you going to be a famous dancer?" Jiyeon asked.

"Probably. We already had several agencies come to watch our team and they liked what they saw. What are you going to be when you're older?" Hyomin asked.

Jiyeon shrugged. "I'm not sure yet."

The bell went and the dance team came in and started getting changed. Hyomin had her arms around Jiyeon, but none of them seemed to notice. When everyone was ready, they went into the main hall and Jiyeon followed along and sat in her usual place.

 

When dance practice was done, they went back to Hyomin's house. Since Hyomin's parents were away, Jiyeon was staying over for the night.

"Jiyeon-ah, what do you want to watch?" Hyomin asked.

"Anything, I don't mind." Said Jiyeon, snuggling closer to the older girl.

They ended up watching a romantic film. By the end of it, Jiyeon was almost asleep. Hyomin looked at the sleepy girl in her arms, she wrapped her up in the blanket they had been under together and carried her upstairs to bed.

 

 

I know this chapter is short ._. But I hope you like it ^_^