1

Geeks and Popular Kids

Hyomin looked down at her test results. She heard some people celebrating because of their high scores. Hyomin got 4 out of 30, therefore ungradable. The teacher called her over.

"Hyomin, you've not been doing well on your tests lately. I'm thinking that we should get a tutor for you." He said.

"I don't need a tutor.." Hyomin said with a frown. "I can do fine on my own."

"Your test results say otherwise. I'll get Jiyeon to tutor you. I'm sure she won't mind." He said, then called Jiyeon over.

'Jiyeon? That weird girl who's always carrying about fifty different books?'

She looked to her left at Jiyeon. It was indeed the girl who carried lots of books.

"Hello Jiyeon. I was wondering if you could give Hyomin some help? She hasn't been doing too well in her tests lately and I think you would be a good person to tutor her." He said.

"Sure.. Just.. Not on Wednesdays. I have book club." She said, then looked at Hyomin.

"Go to the library now then whilst you have some spare time so you can have some quiet to study." He said, then he sent them away.

Jiyeon stood waiting for Hyomin. She saw as Hyomin put her bag on that her shirt lifted up a bit and she saw that Hyomin had very toned abs. She knew from school assemblys that Hyomin was a dancer since she always performed a Michael Jackson song. She always did really cool dance moves. Jiyeon wished she could dance like Hyomin.

Hyomin came over and they left and walked to the library together.

"..What did you get on the test if I may ask?" Jiyeon asked.

"Uh.. Four out of thirty.. You?" Hyomin asked.

"Thirty out of thirty. We have a lot of work to do." She said as they reached the library.

"Mhmm.. I guess so.." Hyomin mumbled.

Jiyeon took out a ton of books as they sat down at one of the tables. Hyomin looked around at all the books. She'd hardly ever been in the library.

Jiyeon started to talk about cells and molecules but Hyomin wasn't really listening. She kept staring at her fingers flicking the pencil in her hand around.

"Hyomin? Are you listening?" Jiyeon asked.

"Yep.. Mhmm.." Hyomin said, still not listening.

"You seem distracted. Maybe we should do this later." Said Jiyeon.

"Sure.. Come to my house later then. I'll send you the directions." Said Hyomin, she took out her phone and Jiyeon took out hers and they exchanged phone numbers.

They went back to class and carried on their day as if they'd never spoken to each other before.

 

When it was time to go home, Hyomin texted Jiyeon.

'Come around 6pm. I have to eat dinner with my parents but they should all be gone by then.'

Jiyeon replied quite fast.

'Okay ^^ I'll bring my books.'

Hyomin went into her house and threw her bag at the bottom of the stairs. She went into the living room where her parents were sat.

"I have someone coming over soon. It's not anyone from the dance team, just someone helping me with some work." Hyomin said as she slumped down into one of the seats.

"Who? Tell us about them." Said her father.

"Uh.. Her name is Jiyeon and the teacher is making her tutor me because I did bad on a test." Hyomin said, then she pulled out her phone and ignored her parents.

Dinner was served quite quickly, then at 5:45pm Hyomin's parents left for work. Hyomin rushed upstairs to have a shower. She just got out when she heard a knock at the front door. She looked at the time. 6pm. Jiyeon was here. Hyomin wrapped a towel around herself then went down to answer the door.

"..Did I come too early?" Jiyeon asked.

"No. I just showered too late." Said Hyomin. "Sit in the living room. I'll be there in a minute."

Jiyeon did as she was told and Hyomin went up to her room to get dressed. She put on a pair of shorts and a big t-shirt then went down.

"I'll just start from the beginning since you were distracted earlier." Said Jiyeon.

"Okay. Just tell me what I need to know." Said Hyomin, yawning a bit.

Jiyeon started talking and Hyomin listened this time. She did some of the work and Jiyeon helped her through. By the time it was over, it was 10pm.

"Since it's late, our session is over. You've improved a bit now." Said Jiyeon, but just as she was about to walk out the door Hyomin stopped her.

"Wait!.. It's not safe to go out alone at this time." Hyomin said.

"It's okay, I'll be fine, don't w-" Jiyeon stopped as Hyomin grabbed her arm.

"It is dangerous out there, in the dark, on your own. I don't want you to get hurt." Said Hyomin. "Do you have anyone to call at home who can pick you up?"

Jiyeon shook her head. "They're all out working."

"Stay here for tonight. It is Friday, after all. There is no school tomorrow, so you can go home tomorrow." Hyomin said, pulling Jiyeon back inside.

"I don't have any clothes-" Jiyeon started again, but Hyomin stopped her.

"I have things you can wear. I have a king size bed." Said Hyomin. "You're staying. We can get to know each other. It'll make our sessions less awkward."

"Alright then." Said Jiyeon.

Hyomin took Jiyeon upstairs and opened her wardrobe.

"Ignore all the costumes, it's for my dance competitions. Pick whatever you want." Said Hyomin.

Eventually, Hyomin had to choose since Jiyeon said she didn't know. It was similar to what Hyomin was wearing. They went back downstairs after Jiyeon had changed in the bathroom and watched TV. Hyomin got some snacks for them to eat and they stayed up almost all night talking about their interests.

"Do you play chess?" Jiyeon asked.

"Used to. Then I had to stop because I had no time. I'm always training for dance related stuff. It gives me a good body but my parents think I'm going to make myself ill by being too thin." Hyomin said.

"My parents think I eat too much. Apparently when I study I eat at the same time and never notice." Said Jiyeon.

"One thing I am proud about with my body is my abs." Said Hyomin, lifting her shirt up a bit to show her toned abs that Jiyeon saw earlier. "Do you have abs?"

"Those are pretty impressive.. I don't have abs." Said Jiyeon.

"I bet you do." Hyomin said, giggling a bit as she carefully lifted Jiyeon's shirt up. "You do. They just don't show as much. If you trained with me, I bet you'd have abs better than mine."

Jiyeon laughed. "I wish."

They kept talking until early morning, then they fell asleep on the couch. Hyomin was the first to wake up, she felt a pleasant warmth against her and opened her eyes to see that her arms were wrapped around Jiyeon's and Jiyeon was snuggled close to her. A few hours later, Jiyeon had woken up and they'd both eaten breakfast and Jiyeon went home. Hyomin sat in her room and sighed to herself. She wanted to feel that nice feeling of warmth again. She decided her next session with Jiyeon would be soon.