Chapter 2

if only you just looked
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Himchan, with all of her heart, thought that Yongguk was an idiot whose brain forgot to mature along with his voice.

Well, if he was an idiot, she would be an idiot along with him as well. A pair of looneys. She smiled in spite of herself as she ran the pads of her fingers across the smooth surface of the janggu. With the yeolchae gripped tightly in her right hand, she drew it back to make an especially loud beat when the door slammed open. Her hand stopped in mid-air, as her head snapped up to glare at the intruder.

“Jae, don’t do that in the future,” Himchan complained irritably as the younger girl skipped in almost merrily. “You of all people should know I hate people barging in the mid—“

“Yeah, yeah, I know.” Youngjae pouted as she flopped down beside Himchan and heaved her sunflower-yellow backpack onto her lap. “I was just too excited to tell you something.” Her dark brown eyes twinkled with mirth and Himchan instantly knew what it was about. Smirking, the older leaned closer and tugged playfully on a lock of Youngjae’s straight hair. “It must be Jung Daehyun.”

The younger immediately coloured. “H-How did you know?”

“Never mind about that,” Himchan snorted, setting the instrument aside and resting the two beating sticks on top of it before turning to face Youngjae. “Tell me everything, don’t miss a single detail!”

 

-

 

 

What Yongguk expected to be waiting for him outside the shower stalls was certainly not a very frustrated-looking Himchan. He did a double take before blinking twice at her—looking like a massive fool—then threw his used towel into the laundry basket. He pretended that he didn’t glance to make sure that it sailed right into the target but she just had to notice him peeking and started to chuckle. Once again, he felt like an idiot.

“What are you doing here?” He grunted. She did that obnoxious but yet extremely adorable pout before slipping her arm into his. “I’m just waiting for my best friend, is that wrong?” there was an iron edge to her words and Yongguk didn’t miss it. Sighing, he glanced at her and swallowed thickly.

Himchan was stunningly beautiful under the gentle golden glow of the setting sun. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t noticed before but it hit him so hard he found himself breathless and hopelessly tongue-tied. Her complexion was that of smooth silk he wanted to caress with his calloused hands. High and finely chiselled cheekbones accentuated her perfectly-shaped face and they matched so well with her angular sharp nose. Her dark eyes which reminded her dearly of a doe especially when she was pleading for a favour—dark eyes that could manipulate him into doing anything she wanted.

It wasn’t until she started to nudge him hard did Yongguk jerk himself out of the sudden Himchan-induced daze he fell under. She looked way too concerned as she showered him with questions about his wellbeing and fussed over how he was spending too much time on sports rather than studies. He allowed himself to think that she was now his proper girlfriend nagging at him. It felt wrong yet so damn right.

“Are you sure? Do you need some food?” Himchan tugged on his arm anxiously. “You look kind of pale to be honest, I’m worried.”

“It’s alright, Chanie.” Yongguk muttered and shoved his hands into his pockets, grinning at how she narrowed her eyes at him. “I’m serious. I think I might be just too tired.”

“How about a visit to the clinic?” she tugged on his arm again.

“No way in hell.”

Himchan fell silent as they continued walking and Yongguk heaved a sigh of relief. Her cool hand remained hooked on his arm as they made their way out of the school gates. “How about my house, then?” she quietly asked.

“Okay!” he immediately chirped.

She froze and ripped her arm from his, looking comically offended. “You’re such a cheater!” She gasped as she threw her backpack at him. It hit Yongguk right in the chest and knocked all the air out of his lungs. Himchan watched with much sadistic intent as Yongguk wheezed and hunched over to catch his breath. “Serves you right, Bang Yongguk.”

It was a while before Yongguk gathered himself and continued his stroll down the hallway only now with an additional weight of Himchan's obnoxiously pink bag. He vaguely heard Hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter