Chapter 001

Extinction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter 001

welcome to the city of undeads

●●●

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" The emergency alarm was sounded throughout the entire building.

The staffs, who were working in the building were puzzled by the sudden sounding of the alarm but nobody moved. They continued with what they were doing because they thought it was just another false alarm, which happened quite often in their building.

"Contamination detected! Contamination detected! Sealing all exits! Sealing all exits!" The announcement was broadcasted via the public announcement system. This was when all the staff got panic and began scrambling towards the exits but it was too late and soon the entire building was filled with an unknown white fog, knocking every single human down.

---

"Release subject 00!" A man in white robe instructed, standing in front of a tank full of water and there was a woman in it. 

The moment the water got drained out from the tank, the woman's eyes shot open and started gasping for air. Immediately the man took a towel and wrapped it around the woman. Clenching the towel tightly around her body, the woman continued to catch her breath while the man started talking to her.

"Faye, can you hear me?" He asked.

She looked up at the man, still for air. 

"Hearing ability checked." Another voice spoke.

"My name is Dr Dre. How are you feeling?" He extended his hand towards the woman, who stared at the man for a while before taking his hand.

"Sense ability checked." The same voice said.

"What is your name?" Dr. Dre asked.

"F... Fa... Faye?" She managed to stutter a reply back as if she hasn't been talking for a long long time.

"Speaking ability checked."

"Do you rem..." 

---

The same girl shot up from the bed, panting. "Where am I?" She asked, looking around her surrounding and found herself in a ward.

She was wearing a surgery gown and there were tubes snaking around her. "Ahh!" She winced in pain as she removed the tubes from her arms.

She got down from her bed slowly, steadying herself on her feet before making her way to the door. The corridor was empty. There wasn't a single soul inside. "Why am I in an abandoned hospital?" The girl asked out loud.

Just then there were flashes of broken images across her mind. She held her head with both hands and dropped to the floor. "Ahhh!" 

Then the final image she saw was a man injecting a serum at her neck, she took in a sharp breath and her expression changed. She gathered herself up and made her way towards the exit of the abandoned hospital with steady steps.

Sitting in front of a m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter