In Your Arms

In My Arms

“Do you really have to work today?” Sehun whined, his speech muffled because his head was buried into Luhan’s neck.

 

“I really do want to stay home with you Sehun-ah, but I have to go to work.”

 

“But it’s raining hyung! It might storm!”

 

“I know, now let go of me or else I’m going to be late,” Luhan struggled to get out of the younger’s embrace.

 

“No,” Sehun held onto Luhan even tighter. “Cuddle with me for 5 more minutes!”

 

“That’s what you said 5 minutes ago, now let go.”

 

“But hyu- ah, what are you doing, stop hyung it tickles!” Sehun was cut off when Luhan attacked him with tickles.

 

This time, it was Sehun who wanted Luhan to get off of him. He struggled to kick the older, and instead, he ended up under him.

 

Luhan pinned Sehun’s arms down and smirked, “I’ve got you right where I wanted.”

 

“W—what are you doing,” Sehun helplessly stuttered.

 

Luhan leaned down and whispered into his boyfriend’s ear, “How about we have some fun, Sehun-ah.”

 

“H—hyung…” Sehun whispered as their foreheads touched, his heartbeat accelerating. He blushed a pretty shade of pink because of the position they were in and closed his eyes tightly.

 

Luhan tried to stifle his giggles because Sehun looked so vulnerable— his face dusted pink and his entire body trembling. “What’s wrong, scared Sehun-ah?”

 

“N—no..”

 

“Such a bad liar Sehun-ah,” Luhan gave him a sweet kiss on the lips and climbed off of him. When Sehun felt the weight disappear, he slowly opened his eyes.

 

“You’re so cute when you’re flustered, Sehun-ah,” Luhan giggled, ruffling Sehun’s hair.

 

“It’s not funny hyung!” Sehun pouted. “It’s embarrassing..”  

 

“Why, did you think I was going to do something?” Luhan raised an eyebrow.

 

“Ye— I mean no,” Sehun furiously shook his head.

 

“Do you want hyung to do something?” Luhan’s voice deepened, he was having fun watching Sehun grow flustered.

 

“NO. NONONO. You can go to work now hyung, you’ll be late!” Sehun panicked and hid under the blankets.

 

Luhan giggled as he got out of bed. ‘He’s so cute.’

 

-

 

“I’m leaving now,” Luhan said as he kissed Sehun’s forehead.

 

Sehun pouted and stood there.

 

“What, you’re not mad at hyung are you? If you are then I—”

 

“No,” Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan and gave him a hug. “Don’t forget your umbrella and be careful, there’s going to be a storm later on!”

 

“I’ll be home soon, don’t worry,” Luhan stepped out the door.

 

Sehun closed the door and puffed his cheeks. ‘What am I supposed to do..’

 

He plopped himself on the couch and the tv. “70 percent chance of thunderstorms today. People are advised to stay indoors today for safety.”

 

‘Oh no. Luhan..’

 

-

 

“Hey Luhan, let’s close up early today. I don’t think anyone’s crazy enough to be out in this weather,” said his boss. “Jongin’s been nagging me to come home early anyways. Didn’t Sehun want you home?”

 

“Yeah. He tried to keep me home today but I came anyways.”

 

“How about you head home first, I’ll just close up.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, don’t keep him waiting!”

 

“Thanks Kyungsoo! Bye!”

 

‘Can’t wait to surprise Hunnie!’

 

Luhan opened his umbrella and started walking down the street. It was pouring and the streets were empty. ‘Maybe I should’ve stayed home like Sehun said. It’s impossible to catch a taxi in this weather..’

 

Deciding to walk home, Luhan continued down the street. He jumped when he heard a thunderous roar. ‘Thunder? Oh no. Sehun.’ Luhan panicked and started running home, disregarding the rain hitting his body and soaking his clothes.

 

He was too focused on running home to Sehun that he didn’t notice a car speeding towards him.

 

-

 

Sehun was watching a drama rerun when he heard a roar of thunder. He jumped in his seat. ‘It’s just thunder. I’ll be fine. Luhan will be back soon.’ He chanted to himself, taking deep breaths to calm down.

 

Just then, there was another roar of thunder and everything turned off, leaving Sehun sitting on the couch in darkness. ‘Luhan will be back soon. Luhan will be back soon.’

 

There was a bright flash and Sehun almost screamed. He ran into their room and curled up under the blankets. The windows were clattering as the rain pounded on the glass and he could hear the wind whistle past the branches on a tree.

 

‘Where are you Luhan?’

 

-

 

Luhan almost had a heart attack when the car screeched to a stop, inches away from his body.

 

“Luhan, is that you? You shouldn’t run into the street like that.” the driver got out of his car.

 

“Oh, hi Kyungsoo. You closed up pretty fast..”

 

“Nevermind about that. You look like you need a ride. Hop in!”

 

“Are you sure? I’m kind of uh, soaking wet.”

 

“It’s fine. It’ll dry up anyways.”

 

“Thanks!” Luhan said, climbing into Kyungsoo’s car, grateful that he didn’t get ran over.

 

“How far is your house?”

 

“About five blocks more down and turn right.”

 

“Alright. So explain to me why you were mindlessly running into the street.”

 

“Well it’s storming and Sehun is EXTREMELY terrified of thunderstorms and I feel guilty for leaving him alone at home when it’s really cold and our heater broke and I think I forgot to tell him that there’s extra soup in the fridge that he could heat up and not to walk around in his boxers and—”

 

“You’re completely in love with him, unconditionally. Maybe a little infatuated?”

 

“Yeah.. something like that,” Luhan blushed. He didn’t know that he was that easy to read.

 

“He’s really lucky to have someone like you. I hope he knows how much you love him.”

 

“You can stop right there,” Luhan pointed.

 

“Well, you better hurry, looks like the electricity is cut for the whole neighborhood.”

 

“Thanks for everything!” Luhan said as he slammed the car door shut. He ran up the steps and rushed to open the door. Once he got inside, he slammed the door shut and kicked his shoes off.

 

“Sehun? Sehun where are you?” Luhan shouted, squinting in the dark for any signs of said person.

 

Luhan ran upstairs, “Sehun, are you home?”

 

When he walked into the room, he saw a lump on the bed. “Sehun? Are you okay?”

 

“H—hyung,” Sehun said, almost inaudible.

 

“It’s okay, hyung is here now. Let’s go find some candles,” Luhan grabbed Sehun’s hand and led him wherever he went. He rummaged through a few drawers and finally found what he was looking for. He lit a few candles and set them on the table, not letting go of Sehun’s hand the entire time.

 

“Hyung why are you soaking,” Sehun finally spoke.

 

“Oh, uh. About that. I sort of ran through the rain.”

 

“Tell me later. You should change..” Sehun let go of Luhan’s hand.

 

“Oh. Right,” Luhan took off his jacket and tossed it on a chair. Then he removed his shirt and tossed that on the chair as well. Sehun couldn’t meet Luhan’s eyes and opted for looking at his feet, thankful that the candles weren’t bright enough to reveal his reddening cheeks.

 

When Luhan was about to his pants, Sehun turned around, his breaths turning erratic. Luhan noticed Sehun’s fidgety behavior and said, “Sorry for nonchalantly changing in front of you. I didn’t want to leave you alone again.”

 

“It— It’s okay,” Sehun tried to steady his breathing but his efforts were wasted when he felt a pair of arms wrap around his waist. Luhan rested his head on Sehun’s shoulder. “I’m done.”

 

“D—do you want to tell me your story now?”

 

Luhan explained everything from leaving work early to running into the streets to Kyungsoo giving him a ride.

 

“I’m sorry for making you worry.. I’m kind of stupid for being scared of something small..” Sehun said in a small voice.

 

“I’ll still love you, nonetheless. I won’t have an excuse to hold you if you’re not scared of anything.”

 

“Luhan?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Can we cuddle instead of standing here..”

 

“Only if I get to hold you.”

 

“Okay.”

 

“In my arms.”

 

“In your arms.”