Happy Place

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

Ryeowook doesn’t want to talk to me. He’s avoiding me. He doesn’t want to tell me about his bruises on his body.  Last night when I found out, I tried asking him but he pushed me out of the room and slammed the door. Those bruises on his body… Someone had hurt Ryeowook. Someone had hurt him so bad that his hips were bruised. There were a few deep scars too across his stomach. I’m worried. I am really worried.

Ryeowook is in the kitchen with my son. Henry is telling Ryeowook a story about one of hi favourite cartoon and Ryeowook listens intently. When Ryeowook sees me, he stiffens. I touch his shoulders but he jerks away.

“Ryeowook,” I say. “We’ve got to talk about last night.”

“There’s nothing to talk about except for the fact that you’re going to be late for your meeting if you don’t leave now.”

Dammit! Glancing at the clock, I curse softly. Henry must have heard me as he tilts his head and looks at me, confused. I smile and patted his head. Grabbing my briefcase I kiss my son’s hair. Ryeowook suddenly forces a slice of break into my hand and I blink up to him, confused.

“Breakfast.” Ryeowook says quietly and offers me a soft smile.

“Good luck, Kyuhyun.”

_____________________________________________________________

The good thing is that Ryeowook talked to me in the morning. I supposed he got freaked out last night and that was why he shoved me out of the room. But still… If Ryeowook were to be that troubled by his scars and bruises, then… It must mean that Ryeowook is hurting right? Come to think of it… I remembered how he was shouting while he was sleeping and having a nightmare. When I asked if he wanted to talk about it, Ryeowook simply said no.

Sighing, I try to keep my mind focused. I need to get this deal. I have to. All my life, I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this. Being able to expand my business to more parts of Korea and even other parts of the world… Do you know how that is every businessman’s dream come true?

Siwon looks interested. He looks through my files and listens attentively. His gives me a few hard questions but they’re nothing I can handle. I’ve been preparing for this for a long time now. After ending what I’ve got to say, Siwon looks down at my files and rub his chin. I take a deep breath, getting ready for what he has to say.

“I like it.” Siwon says. “I like your ideas.”

“They’re cute.”

I raise an eyebrow. “Cute?”

“Yeah, you know. Nothing fancy, nothing new.”

Well… That hurts. Siwon puts my files away and smiles. His smile isn’t that normal kind of smile, nope. One look at this smile and you know that you’re in for some kind of trouble. Pushing the files back at me, he grins.

“So.. How’s Ryeowook?”

I really don’t like this bastard.

I grit my teeth. “Fine.”

“You know, Kyuhyun, I know how much this deals means to you and I’m willing  to negotiate.” Siwon suggested. “I am a very nice guy afterall.”

“Give me Ryeowook and I’ll give you the contract.”

Ryeowook’s POV

Henry is the sweetest kid on earth, I swear. He makes me forget all about last night and we have so much fun on the beach together. I don’t know how I can enjoy my time so much with a four a year but apparently I did.

“No fair! You cheated hyung!” Henry pouts. “My sandcastle is way way better than yours!”

“My sandcastle is bigger so I win.” I tease Henry.

“Hyuunngg!”

Laughing, I ruffle Henry’s hair and finally give in, telling him that his sandcastle is way better and cooler than mine. Henry beams and starts bragging about his sandcastle to me.  Seating back, I nod and listen attentively. Henry can be a great story-teller.  The way he talks, it’s so lively and energetic. He’s not at all like Kyuhyun who talks so softly and sweetly. Thinking of this, I remember how Kyuhyun avoided my question about his wife. I wonder if Henry takes after his wife? Loud and carefree? Looking at Henry, I feel sym

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter