Respect

So I
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun’s POV

“I made a mistake when I walked away, I’m sorry for being selfish. I should have asked you first if you wanted to work with Siwon.”

I don’t like it. I don’t like it but I don’t like being selfish too. Ryeowook deserves the best and Siwon’s company is one of the richest companies in the world. If Ryeowook worked for him, he will get a much higher pay and probably more chances of travelling the world since Siwon likes to do business overseas a lot. When we were in the plane on the way here to Bali, I saw the look of Ryeowook’s face when he looked out of the windows of the plane. His eyes were sparkling and he was smiling so beautifully. I knew then that Ryeowook must like travelling. As much as I don’t like it, I have to respect Ryeowook and give him the best.

“W.. What do you mean, Kyuhyun?” Ryeowook asks, confusion in his voice.

“Siwon can provide you things I can’t, Ryeowook.” I tell him, half-annoyed. “He can give you a higher pay, much more comfortable and bigger office, more opportunities for travelling and doing work overseas.”

“I want the best for you, Ryeowook. I respect you and your decisions.”

Ryeowook is expressionless. He just looks at me like as if I am crazy and I wonder what is wrong with him. I clear my throat and Ryeowook finally blinks. Ryeowook blinks and steps back, landing on his bed. He looks like he’s in a state of shock and I wonder if he is okay.

“His… His name is Yesung.” Ryeowook suddenly says.

I am confused. I am lost. I don’t know what’s going on but Ryeowook looks like he’s having a hard time to breathe. I seat next to him on the bed and hold his hands, squeezing it light. Who is Yesung? What is Ryeowook talking about?

“I… We… We dated for two years and got married a few years ago.” Ryeowook stutters. “I didn’t want to move in with him until we got married… And when we did… I… I…”

“He kept hurting me. Again and again. He kept telling me that I was useless and that I couldn’t do anything right. He kept hurting me.”

“But I loved him… And each time when I wanted to leave, he’d beg me not to go... He’d promise me that he’d change. But… He didn’t. And I kept staying. I kept believing him.”

“Then one day… I… I just snapped… I asked for a divorce. He was so mad… And…” Ryeowook touched his stomach, his eyes getting watery.

“He never respected me. Ye… Yesung never wanted the best for me.”

I’m in shock to hear those words. Pulling Ryeowook close to me, I hug him as tight as I can. How can anyone hurt such a sweetheart like Ryeowook? How could anyone lay a hand on this fragile lovely person? I’m mad, I’m mad at the bastard. I’m really really mad. Ryeowook starts to sob and I lean down and kiss away his tears.

“Shhh honey, it’s okay.” I whisper. “It’s okay.”

“You’re here with me now. You’re safe, Ryeowook.”

Ryeowook nods and clings onto me, sobbing hard. It must be hard for him. I can see now why he is so scared of telling me what he went through. The bastard must have hurt Ryeowook badly and Ryeowook must have had trouble trusting people after the incident. I pull Ryeowook back against the headboard of the bed and spoon his body close to mine.

“Thank you, Kyuhyun.” Ryeowook whispers.

“Thank you for being so different from him.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

“Papa?”

I yawn and look at my son who is standing at the door. I put my finger on my mouth and wave him in. He comes round the bed and stands next to me, his face confused. He looks at Ryeowook worriedly and then turns to look at me.

“Is Wookie hyung alright?” Henry whispers.

Ryeowook cried and sobbed and I held him until he fell asleep with his head on my lap. He continues telling me about Yesung and I can really feel how heartbroken he really is. He must have loved his husband- ex husband- a lot. I don’t understand. How can someone love and hurt you at the same time? Clearly this Yesung guy is mentally unstable or something. Henry, realizing that I am Ryeowook’s hair, Ryeowook’s hair too.

“Wookie hyung is not feeling well.” I tell my son. “How about we sleep here tonight and take care of Ryeowook hyung?”

Henry grins and nods. “Yay!!! I’ve always wanted to sleep with Wookie hy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter