Strange

Drawing, First Semester, Second Period

The first time I met her, to be honest, it was awkward. It was the first day of high school, second period to be exact and I had drawing.

I knew no one, and the fact that I was somewhat of an introvert didn’t help with making new friends. While we waited outside, I just looked around at the people who I would have to share a class with for a semester. She didn’t really catch my eye.

When we were called in, I looked for a place to sit. Like I said, I knew no one, and I ended up sitting with a group of girls where there were a few empty seats. And that was when she first spoke to me.
“Do you want to sit here?” she said, pointing to the seat next to her.
I just nodded and mumbled a “thank you”.

The rest of that lesson was spent in silence, not only from me but from almost everyone at the table.

I don’t really remember what happened during the first few lessons, but after that we suddenly became really close.

————————

Our friendship was a strange one. 

Jessica Jung was a strange one.

First of all, we pretended to be cousins. Even my oldest friend, whom I had known for six years, believed it. And we were so proud of ourselves.

And then there were our differences.

I was shy and quiet, until I felt I could trust someone, after which I was extremely outgoing and affectionate and cheerful within my circle of friends. She, on the other hand, hated the world, she hated having to wake up early, she hated going outside, she hated many people. 

I think you can predict how she initially reacted to my personality.

I, for one, was very partial to hugs and cuddling, while Jessica tended to shy away from (read “hiss at”) anyone who so much as touched her.

And it took a while but she started to approach me for hugs. 

For hugs.

And it made me feel like I was important to her.

————————

I began to sit closer to her during recess and lunch, where we sat on the ground in front of a usually empty classroom. I would simply sit next to or slightly behind her, and she would be the one to lean into my lap and rest on me as I wrapped my arms around her. One of our friends used to compare us to a married couple.

Once, when I was leaning on her instead, not really focusing on anything in particular, she leaned down and kissed the crown of my head. I looked up at her, and she simply smiled at me sheepishly.

The smile on my face was a hard one to get rid of.

————————

Jessica often compared me to her best friend, who lived in another state.

Some people may find being compared to someone else annoying and lowering of self esteem, but I only felt like I had reached a point at which I was special to her.
“So does that mean I’m your best friend here?” I asked her teasingly.
“I don’t know, do you want to be my best friend?” she returned the question to me.
“Sure, why not?” I smiled.

————————

Once, we were at a party.

Out of nowhere, I went to hug her.
“I love you,” I said, though at that point I meant it in a friendly way.
“You’d better,” she said.
I chuckled.

At that same party, she called for me (“Tiffany they’re being mean to me!”) when she was being relentlessly tickled by our other friends. Usually, if it were any other friend, I would have joined in on the act, but this time, I felt like I had to protect her.

That evening, as we sat on a bench at the party, watching a movie which was being projected onto a wall, she was once again leaning on me as I hugged her.
“This makes me feel happy and that makes me nervous,” she mumbled.

And after that I couldn’t stop thinking about those words.

It didn't stop her from cuddling me, though. She was constantly snuggling into me, saying I was warm, as it was a cool autumn night, and a cool breeze was blowing.

Jessica always smells nice.

————————

As the years passed, Jessica switched out her glasses for contacts. She looked beautiful, with and without her glasses. I really just couldn't be bothered with contacts.

As the years passed, I began to wonder.

I wondered about how life would be if we were together.

Would we go to the same university?

What would happen after high school?

What if she loves me in that way?

How would our friends think of us?

What would it be like to kiss her in the empty bike shed?

All these pointless thoughts.

Pfft.

————————

I kissed her in the empty bike shed.

I don’t know why.

I had to.

I had to know what it would feel like.

I had to know why it felt that way.

And she kissed me back.

————————

She was leaning on me again, this time we were alone.

“Tiffany, I love you,” she sighed.
I kissed her on the crown of her head, just like she did those years ago.
“I love you too,” I beamed.

A satisfied smile crept upon the catlike features of her face as she closed her eyes and she just looked so cute.

I love her.

————————

Sometimes when we hug, she presses her forehead to mine, mouth slightly open and her eyes search for something in mine.

And then she’ll kiss me with a smile.

And I’ll kiss her back with my love.

 

 

__________________
__________________

All this actually happened to me (as Tiffany)

well most of it

everything up to after the party.

I'm confused

but oh well

basically I had zero inspiration and had to write about myself

SUCH AN ACCOMPLISHED WRITER

WOOOP