Exactly How it's Supposed to Be.

Sica-yah, are you listening?

"Taengoo...That is your name..." Jessica said, voice cracking. "I remember...I remembered it, after you left my house...after you got your car fixed...You never did say goodbye...Just like the hospital, right?"

 

Taeyeon shook her head, "Aniyo, Sica-yah, I did say goodbye at the hospital."

 

"You just don't remember."

 

Jessica's voice began to tremble as tears escaped her eyes. "I'm sorry, Taengoo...I tried so hard to remember who you two were...I looked at pictures, everyday, for months...But everyday I woke up they'd be gone. I'm trying so hard to accept my life. I didn't want to get hurt, I didn't want to forget you, forget us, forever. I miss my old life. I would do anything to have it back."

 

Taeyeon squeezed her fist tight, her nails biting into her palm. Tiffany was crying now, too. "Jessi..."

 

"You're Tiffany, aren't you? I'm sorry I forgot you too, Fany..." Jessica wiped her tears away with her hands, moving forward, and the pink-loving girl broke down in tears, tightly hugging her former fellow American.

 

"It's not your fault Jessi, it's not your fault. I'm sorry we couldn't be there to take care of you. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry..." Tiffany cried, squeezing the Ice Princess tight. Jessica shook her head but didn't say anything, her hand on the back of Tiffany's head. They held onto eachother for a while before letting go.

 

"It doesn't matter now. Let's just start over from here, okay?" Jessica said with a smile, although the tears didn't stop. Tiffany nodded, wiping her own away, looking over Jessica's shoulder and noticing the younger Jung crying as well, with the older tomboy holding onto her.

 

"I want to talk to Tae...yeon? I want to talk to Taeyeon alone..." Jessica said. Krystal's head shot up and she tried to move over to her sister.

 

"No way!"

 

"Soojung, this is her decision..." Amber murmered into her ear, squeezing her hand tight, keeping the younger sister by her side. Krystal looked up at her and then back at Taeyeon, whose back was still to the group. 

 

Without saying another word, Krystal stormed off towards Amber's car, slamming the door shut. Amber gave a small smile of apology to Tiffany. "You wanna ride with us?"

 

"No...I should be working, technically." Tiffany said. Amber nodded and promptly got into her car, "We'll be back after we drop this off, Jess-unnie."

 

The older Jung nodded. Tiffany grabbed her binder from the car, looking at Taeyeon who was still standing there, unmoving.

 

"TaeTae...?" She asked quietly. The former leader just nodded, still refusing to turn around. Tiffany reluctantly turned and started walking back towards to party, ruffling Jessica's hair a bit as she passed her.

 

Jessica smiled at the act, sticking her tongue out and fixing her hair as she turned back to Taeyeon.

 

It was cold.

 

It was getting dark.

 

"Taengoo...?"

 

All of a sudden, Jessica's hand was wrapped around Taeyeon's fist, slowly uncurling it and lacing their fingers together. From behind her, Jessica brushed Taeyeon's dark hair out of her face.

 

"Sooyeon-ah..." Taeyeon said, her voice as quiet as the wind. She slowly turned to face her, and Jessica noticed how smudged her makeup was.

 

"Sooyeon-ah, you remembered me..."

 

"Ne, Taengoo." Jessica replied, her voice quiet as well. She raised her hand up to Taeyeon's cheek, seeing the red mark from the slap. She cradled it in her hand, slowly the stung skin with her thumb.

 

"Taengoo..." The Ice Princess spoke, remembering hearing someone in the hospital. The voice that she couldn't place before, she realized, sounded exactly like the person who's car broke down.

 

The person who was standing in front of her.

 

"Sica-yah, are you there, are you listening?" "Sica-yah, yeongwonhi saranghae. Yeongwonhi."

 

"Taengoo...I'm here...I'm...I'm listening..." Jessica whispered. Taeyeon's eyes met hers for a moment, and Jessica suddenly understood. Even if she didn't remember this woman, even if she didn't remember who they used to be, she remember the feelings they shared, because she felt them right now, as she looked her in the eyes and wanted so badly to turn back time, just to remember her the way she used to one last time.

 

Taeyeon collapsed.

 

"Sooyeon-ah...Sooyeon-ah...Saranghae, Sooyeon-ah. Yeongwonhi saranghae!" She cried, nearly screaming into Jessica's shirt as the younger girl caught her before she hit the pavement. "Mianhae, Sooyeon-ah. I wasn't there when you were attacked. I wasn't there because I let you get too far away from me, because I continued to fight with you even though it was all for not. Mianhae, Sooyeon-ah, I didn't protect you. I didn't guide you. I left you behind. Mianhae, Sooyeon-ah, neomu saranghae."

 

Taeyeon lifted her head. "Sooyeon-ah..."

 

"Taengoo..." Jessica whispered. She hugged the older girl closer, rocking her in her arms. "Nado saranghae, Taengoo. I don't remember you, but I remember our love. I remember, because it's still here. It never left, Taengoo. Saranghae. Yeongwonhi saranghae."

 

"I want to try again, Sica-yah. I want to try to love you again."

 

 

 

 


*^*^*

 

 

 


"Oh, annyeonghaseyo!" "Annyeonghaseyo!" "Omo, are we all here?"

 

"Yo! What's everyone doing here?" Hyoyeon exclaimed happily, hugging Seohyun then Yoona and Yuri. "My little triplets~"

 

"Yah, shikshin! You didn't even say hello!" Sunny shouted at the tallest member, who had gone straight for the food. Sooyoung smiled sheepisly, pretending to give Sunny a kiss. "Hi chubby bunny."

 

"YAH!"

 

"Tippany!"

 

Everyone turned to see Tiffany, wearing pink as usual. "Hey guys!"

 

"Yeah! Whasup, Hwang?" Hyoyeon cheered, pulling Tiffany into a hug. Sooyoung chucked a half-eaten pocky at them, "Let's go out for a drink soon, yeah?"

 

"Ne." Tiffany laughed, sitting down with all the other members. "So how's everyone doing?"

 

"Good!" "We're doing good, unnie!" "Ahsome!" "Hyo, quit speaking Konglish." "Shut up, Yuri-ah."

 

"Sorry we're late!"

 

Krystal and Amber came jogging up, dropping their bags on top of eachother and each reaching for some of the food.

 

"Is everyone here a fatass but me?" Sunny asked.

 

"Yes." Krystal, Amber, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Yoona replied. Sunny blew her bangs out of her eyes and huffed, nudging Seohyun with the indication for her to make them stop eating. "Yah, maknae..."

 

"Why are we all here?" Krystal asked with a mouthful of turkey sandwhich.

 

"You invited me, Krys." Tiffany said, brows furrowing together.

 

"Yeah but that's because Yuri-unnie texted me and told me to meet here with you and Amber." Krystal replied.

 

"Hyoyeon texted me and said to come here with Yoona and Seo."

 

"Sunny and I both got texts saying to find eachother and Sooyoung and meet up here."

 

"So who texted you two?" Tiffany asked.

 

"Mollayo."

 

 


Ahem. "Everyone..."

 


The group turned around in their chairs, seeing two girls holding hands walking up to them.

 

"OMO!" "NO WAY!" "KYAAH!"

 

"Jigeumeun TaengSic Shidae!" Taeyeon and Jessica laughed, throwing up their clasped hands.

 

Everyone shot up and quickly buzzed around the couple, all bombarding them with questions and squealing while laughing together.

 

"Yah, yah! Everyone calm down!" Taeyeon shouted, playfully swatting them away. "YAH!"

 

"Taeyeonnie, we missed you so much..." Yuri said, looking between Jessica and Taeyeon with a bright smile. Tiffany giggled along with Yoona, while Krystal lightly smacked her sister on the head.

 

"You didn't have to text us all cryptic messages to get us here! You could of just told us you were together! You drama queens!" She shouted. Amber rolled her eyes, hugging her princess tight. "Soojungie..."

 

"It was funnier this way." Jessica said simply, her and Taeyeon giggling together the way they used to. Everyone in the group calmed at the sound, noticing the two's interaction.

 

It was liked nothing had happened.

 

"You two are great and all but can we go back to eating I'm staaaarviiiiing!" Sooyoung shouted. Everyone got hyper again and began discussing food, recent events and the next time they should get together.

 

Jessica observed it all, slowly smiling at the scene before her.

 

"Is this it, Taengoo?" She asked, turning to Taeyeon as Taeyeon did to her.

 

"Is this how it's supposed to be?"

 

Taeyeon smiled, planting a big kiss on Jessica's lips, hugging her Ice Princess close to her. "Ne, Sooyeon-ah. This is exactly how it's supposed to be."

 

"Taeyeon-ah saranghae." "Nado saranghae, Sooyeon-ah."