What's never been mine.

Broken Pieces

 

 

“unnie…wake up…unnie”

 

I felt a pair of hands shaking me away from my deep slumber. I looked up to see an almost lifeless Jessica and my mind started recollecting what happened. I sighed heavily before letting my eyes connect with my concerned dongsaeng.

 

“unnie…you should have something, its late night” even though the way she said it might look like she’s all strong and composed, I know that she’s just as broken to see Jessica in this state.

 

“I don’t want to leave her side, I want to be there when she wakes up…did you have anything yuri-ah?” I asked her, her eyes are red and swollen, her body seems as if she just recovered from a hurricane.

 

“I didn’t…I was waiting for you unnie…” came her slow reply, I sighed before, standing up and embracing my dongsaeng close to me.

 

“You don’t have to seem like your strong yuri…” I whispered softly into her ear

“but-

 

“shhh…sometimes you just have to let it all out, because that’s what makes you human…let your emotions out yuri-ah, its okay to cry.” I responded while rubbing her back soothingly. Not soon later, I felt dampness in my shoulder, I hugged her closer, whispering soothing words into her ears.

 

“Taeyeon-ah-,” I heard tiffany from out the door, but I soon placed a finger over my lips, asking her to stay quiet. I sat back down in my chair, but with my broken dongsaeng in my arms. I kept rocking her back and forth like a baby. I looked down to see her eyes closed, her nose red and fresh new tears running down over her dried ones.

 

I never thought I’d see you this broken yuri-ah…I never want to see you this broken either…

 

“taeyeon-ah….about everything…-

 

“no Tiffany, I don’t want to hear anything now”

 

“Taeyeon-ah…just hear me out okay? Can we please talk outside?”

 

I sighed heavily, knowing exactly what’s going to happen, I slowly laid Yuri in the extra bed at the end of the room and walked out with Tiffany.

 

 

Tiffany’s POV

 

I’m really sorry Taeyeon-ah…

 

My heart feels heavy, it feels guilty, I didn’t ever want this to happen to Jessica or Taeyeon…how couldn’t I see it? How come everyone knew but me…? How could I be so blind? Jessica’s words are true…I’m a stupid who couldn’t see what’s in front of me…but after all this will Taeyeon ever forgive me? No. I shook my head as I answered my own question.

 

“So what do you have to tell me?” I turned around at the sound voice, my eyes met up with a pair of broken, swollen eyes. Aigoo…what have I done?

 

“Taeyeon-ah, I’m sorry this happened to Jessica…I never expected things to turn out this way-

 

“what happened to Jessica was out of everyone’s control, even out of her control so don’t feel sorry about that” her voice was cold, like every word she was made of pure venom.

 

I looked down as I couldn’t look up to her eyes anymore.

 

“I’m sorry that I haven’t caught the hints you’ve been giving me, I’m sorry I’ve blind enough to not realize your feelings for me, I’m sorry for hurting you all these while, I’m sorry I couldn’t understand…but most of all I’m sorry I can’t return the feelings you have…”

 

I gulped after I finished my apology. It’s been a few minutes since I’ve said it, but no voice was heard from her. I slowly looked up to find an even shattered Taeyeon…oh no Taeyeon-ah…

 

“is that all you’ve to say?” I heard her hoarse voice demanded. I couldn’t help but stare in her eyes which shows how broken she is, it hurts my heart to see her like this, but I have no choice. I can’t love her when someone else owns her heart.

 

I saw her turning back to leave. I couldn’t move my legs, I was too hurt, I wanted to break down but my body just doesn’t seem to react….

 

“Couldn’t you have lied?” I heard a voice whisper, stunning me as I met Yuri’s anger filled eyes.

 

“Do you know how long she’s been after you? How much she’s been through for you? How much she cherishes you? I always thought you were the smartest of all unnies but you’re a babo, a babo Hwang Tiffany. That’s what you are.  A plain blind stupid who couldn’t appreciate what’s presented in front of her. You could have at least given her a chance.”

 

I felt a pang of hurt strike my heart, like a poisonous arrow shot through my chest, and its venom spreading through my blood.

 

“you’ve now lost her Hwang, You just lost Kim Taeyeon” was all she said before she went back.

 

You’ve now lost her Hwang, You just lost Kim Taeyeon

You just lost Kim Taeyeon

 

YOU JUST LOST KIM TAEYEON.

 

Adrenaline rushed through my veins, my feet running as if it had its own mind. I didn’t know where I was going, but soon I was at the roof of the building where the moon is shinning so brightly.

 

I saw the silhouette of the person I’ve been looking for. Even though its just a few minutes since we last saw, after the words Yuri said to me, it feels like years.

 

I slowly approached the figure, making sure to be silent and once I was close enough, I wrapped my arms tightly around her waist.

 

“I’m sorry…”  I am sorry Taeyeon…more than I ever could be…

 

“I do too Taeyeon-ah…but I’m not the one for you…she is…Jessica is…she deserves you by all means. Once she wakes up, you should be there for her, to be hers only, to love her and care for her as much as, no even more than how much you did for me these years. Even though I love you too Taeyeon-ah she’s your soul mate, the one that’s for you. The one you were blind enough not to see…”

 

I felt her turn around, but I couldn’t face her. Because if I do, I’d take my words back, and be selfish and that’s not right.

 

Her hands caressed my cheeks, lifting up my face, forcing me to look into her eyes. My heart was beating faster than it has ever had. Her soft fingers rubbed against my cheek, slowly drying away my tears. I didn’t even realize I was crying until now.

 

“why are you giving me away Fany-ah?” her question surprised me. I slowly moved my hands to her nape, slowly rubbing it to sooth her.

 

“If not I’d be selfish tae-tae, and that isn’t fair.” I smiled weakly remembering Jessica’s own words.

 

“be selfish for a night then” I heard her whisper before I felt soft lips on mine. My eyes widened before I met up with closed ones of Taeyeon. I slowly let myself relax and melt into the soft kiss. I wrapped my arms tighter around her neck, as hers went around my waist, pulling me close to her. Tilting her head to the side, she started pecking my lips gently a few times before pulling away, resting her forehead against mine.

 

“let’s all start over tomorrow. Let’s fix all the damage from tomorrow, but for tonight, let’s be selfish.” I smiled slowly at her words. I nodded, agreeing with her before she took my hand and led me to Jessica’s room where Yuri was waiting.

 

“ah unnie, you’re back- her eyes met mine and her expression changed from relieved to annoyed “and you’re here too…fany UNNIE.” I sighed before looking at Taeyeon.

 

“Yuri-ah forgive her okay? She actually helped me figure things out. We’re starting over starting tomorrow, you should get some rest for tonight. You’ve worn out yourself, go home take a bath and rest arasso? I’ll call you early in the morning or let you know if Jessica wakes up.”

 

Yuri looked confused before she seems to catch on.

 

“ara, but unnie- her eyes moved back to mine once more. “if you even hurt tae unnie a bit , that would be the end of you.” I heard the playfulness behind her words but nonetheless agreed to the supposed to be scary threat.

 

“night unnie” she said before hugging Taeyeon and then leaving, closing the door behind her.

 

“come on let’s sleep” I felt Taeyeon pull me towards the empty bed at the corner. I laid down first after making bed and spreading a blanket that was offered to us by the nurse. I slipped in and then Taeyeon came out of the bathroom after changing.

 

She walked over to Jessica, slowly covering her in blanket and then turning the lights off before slipping underneath the blanket beside me. I felt her arm sneak its way over my shoulder. I smiled brightly before slipping mine around her waist and resting my head against her covered chest. Her hearts beating slowly, as if she is the most relaxed person in this world. I thought about how this closeness would end after this night, and clutched onto her shirt tightly.

 

“Good night fany-ah” was all she said before placing a kiss on my forehead. Even though the kiss only lasted barely two seconds, I cherished it, before selfishly pecking her lips and then leaning my head back into her chest. I smiled once more before I closed my eyes and readied myself to let go of what’s never been mine. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a TAENY chapter for you :) Most of you would or might know what's going to happen. If you do, shhh don't tell anyone xD

I decided to just make this a 4-shot which means the next chapter would be the last one ): . I've another one-shot in mind and also have started planning for a series :D Haha anyway :) I hope you enjoyed this far, and I hope you enjoy the end as well :)