The Summer's Love Story

The Summer's Love Story

Hi everyone, this is it ^-^

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yunho and jaejoong had been best friends since high school, being each other’s help at a times of need, guidance, support, strength and comfort. Their inseparable that their family and friends thought that they’re an item, but the two would always say “we’re just best friends..you guys” adding up with their awkward laughter.


Love was what everyone sees in the eyes of the two and it confuses them, they all thought that both yunjae are dense about each other’s true feelings.

 

Almost everyone around them can see the hurt and jealousy emitting on each other’s eyes when the other was with someone else.  Like the saying, action speaks louder than words, none between yunho and jaejoong questions the others odd behavior when the other was ignoring the other, or sending cold shoulders. In their mind, it must be a problem which the one just wants to be alone and deal with it alone.

 

After their friendship pact, jaejoong’s reputation changed from being a loner, cold person to a lovable, sweet and caring guy and being the pretty face and flower boy not just in school but anywhere he goes, has mostly the problem with both girls and boys who kept stalking him, like admirers turned crazy and wants to be jaejoongs wife, girlfriend or even boyfriend. And through those problems, yunho was always there to the rescue and uses the so called “Brotection” in his term, which he pretends to be jaejoong’s boyfriend just to save jaejoong from his problem and vice versa, since yunho also has admirers were mostly composed of girls and some teachers (girls), since he was handsome and a prince like. Both were an eye candy.

 

And during those “Brotection” times, came a question for yunho, about his confusing feelings of wanting the “Brotection” to be real, not just to save jaejoong from his crazy fangirls and fanboys, but to be the other half of the latter.

 

Two years of separation because of family matters, regarding his father’s business. It was then, during those times he felt empty and from some thinking of a certain someone, was what awoken yunho from his slumber, that he was actually inlove with his best friend, adding up with a small talk from his mother about his confused feeling. With mixture of scared and determination, Yunho decided to confess his feelings, to let jaejoong know his true feelings and morely, to know how jaejoong’s truly feels about him.

 

After some talk to his father about his decision, yunho and his mother went back to korea on a summer time of April 2, 2013, where everything happened.

 

The sun was bright and the heat was strong that everyone sweats like a pig and drinks water like theres no tomorrow, jaejoong on the other hand, was cleaning their garage and has no plan for a summer vacation for his parents were both busy with work and mostly his best friend was still in japan.

 

As he was so engrossed in wiping their car, he was startled from a dozen of beautiful red roses in front of him. Soon he felt a light tap and as soon as he turned his attention to the person on his right side, he was greeted by a warm smile, a smile that he misses the most.

 

“yunho” said jaejoong as he dropped the sponge and hugged yunho tightly. Both eyes were close as they enjoy each other’s warmth and the scent of a home, a home where they both belong.

 

Yunho then kissed jaejoong’s forehead which made jaejoong shock that his heart beats faster, like it was telling him about something which he couldn’t understand what he was feeling or why his heart was being this way, and morely confused as to why yunho kissed his forehead, because in their 12 years of friendship they only do hugs and their signature handshake. Blinking his eyes as he calms his heart, jaejoong shakingly loosened the hug and continued to stare at yunho with confusion visible on his face.

 

“for you, hope you like them” said yunho as he handed the roses in which jaejoong accepted it.

 

“w-why did you give me roses y-yunho?... aren’t this for girls o-only?” stuttered jaejoong as he stared at the roses in his hands.

 

“no they aren’t… they also deserve to be given to an angel like you jae” said yunho with loving gaze, as he placed his finger on jaejoong’s chin and made the latter to raised his head, making their eyes to meet each other’s gazes.

 

Nervousness was visible on jaejoong’s face, he’s really confused with yunho’s sudden change of behavior ,morely to this weird talks.

 

“Jae, I know what im about to tell you, is something that will shock you or may change our lives after this… But I just had to tell you, because if I don’t… I feel like I’m gonna suffocate from it…. Jae”

 

“y-yes?” was what jaejoong could only utter, for he doesn’t know what to respond nor he felt worried for what yunho might tell him. On his mind, he thinks that yunho wants to break their friendship and wants to leave him, and this scares jaejoong. If ever this happens he doesn’t know what he’ll do, he’s used to the idea of him and yunho best friends forever.

 

“jae we’ve been friends, no best friends for 12 years, and those years were the best years. Being with you, I enjoyed everything. You brought light to my life aside from my family. I do treat you not just a best friend but a brother, brother for life… but things changed, I don’t know when it was. But confusion has always been with me, im just kept trying to think straight, for maybe I’m just being a selfish best friend who doesn’t want to share you with anyone… but then it was my heart, my heart has a mind of its own. I didn’t expect this, I really didn’t but it happened.. I had no time to stop myself” yunho then removed his hand from jaejoong’s chin and held the latter’s hand.

 

JaeJoong on the other hand, was fighting himself from crying. As he continues to listen to yunho’s words, he really felt that, the end is coming. He doesn’t know what to do at the moment, he wants to listen further to yunho’s words but the stabbing pain on his heart was getting stronger as his fear was coming to life.

 

“I love you jaejoong”

 

Hearing the world love, made jaejoong shock that he stared at yunho, unmoving and the only thing he feels was a mix of scared, excited and confused.

 

“I love you not just as a brother, but I love you like how a lover should feel…. I always feel different emotions, like anger, jealousy, sadness when your with someone… Now that my mind was cleared that all of this was because I love you… and I want to be your other half jae your buddy for life… I know this is shocking but I want you to know how I really feel… I don’t know if you’ll feel disgust with me, but I just can’t hide it anymore… It was like my heart will explode if I don’t confess… Jae will you be my other half? I don’t mind waiting, or if ever you don’t feel the same way, say so, I don’t want to force you but I hope you won’t leave my side knowing how I feel towards you”

 

“i-I don’t know what to say yunho *looks down* all I know is…” the only thing that jaejoong can hear at the moment was his thumping heart and feeling as If his heart was jumping and wants to leave his rib cage.

 

“i-I don’t feel the same about you yunho…. Im sorry, I only think of you as a brother.. im sorry” said jaejoong as he raised his head and stared onto yunho’s eyes… In which he sees, hurt emitting from those almond shaped eyes which ripped his heart into pieces.

 

With forced smiled, yunho patted jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

*.*.*The Summer's Love Story*.*.*

 

“I understand, thank you for being honest with me jae…. i’ll be going now, I still have dinner with my mom… see you later jae… and don’t think too much about my confession, I’m fine as long as your happy, but I hope you won’t make me stop loving you, anything but that jae..well I really have to go *smiles*” with that, yunho turned his heels around and started walking to the direction of his house with a broken heart.

 

Though it was painful, he was still smiling. Because he finally let his angel knows his feelings and he doesn’t regret one bit. Right now, he needs his mother.

 

*.*.*The Summer's Love Story*.*.*

 

Drop, drop, drop

 

Tears kept dropping from jaejoong’s eyes, as soon as yunho turned his back. He couldn’t understand himself, the moment yunho walks away from him. He felt the cold breeze, sadness and hurt. It was like, he made a big mistake. But he was just being honest to yunho about his feelings, or its just what his mind kept telling him?. For the moment he stared at yunho’s back, his heart was screaming in anger at himself.

 

Both hearts were shattered into pieces and the only ones who can fix it, is each other but it’s too late now or is it not?.

 

Weeks had passed, and their back to normal as if the confession didn’t happen, but deep down they can feel the awkwardness and tense in the air. Everytime their fingers brushed at each other, or accidentally staring at each other, everything would always be in silence and only their thumping heart is what they can hear.

 

During their awkward times, yunho would always talk something random or make silly jokes, just to make jaejoong relax, he knows it was his fault, that their situation is awkward. But he doesn’t want to lose jaejoong, just because of his feelings. Even if he can feel his heart bleeds from the rejection, he’ll smile it away and be playful with jaejoong.

 

Jaejoong on the other hand, still has problems handling his emotions, he just doesn’t know, nor couldn’t do anything to erase the awkwardness, tension and being blank. Ever since the confession, he himself became confuse with his own heart, his feelings and more like when he rejected yunho he sort of hated himself for unknown reason.

 

*.*.*The Summer's Love Story*.*.*

 

“is that how you really feel jae?” a question that left a big impact to jaejoong that he became speechless as he stared at his mother.

 

His mother knows his son’s feelings more than jaejoong, she knows how dense and confused her son is. But before it’s too late, she wants her son to fully acknowledge or morely understand his true feelings, for he wants only whats best for his son and morely to his future son in law. Ever since yunjae turned into a college students, yesha (jaejoong’s mother) saw how his son and yunho’s feelings bloomed from best friends to more than that, the two were just so dense to notice it. He wanted to help, but he wants the two to open their eyes on their own. And now, now with the situation, he wants his son wake up from his slumber more like from being dense.

 

“i-I don’t know umma” was what jaejoong said as he touched his left chest.

 

“then jaejoong, instead of thinking, why don’t you listen to your heart” said yesha in which jaejoong stared at his mother.

 

“what do you mean umma?” asked jaejoong confusedly.

 

“listen to what your heart screams, why did you feel after you rejected yunho?, or when you see him in pain?... Why do you kept thinking of yunho?.. listen to your heart jae… enough using your brain and use your heart on this one, the answer lies in your heart not in your brain” with that, yesha stood up from jaejoong’s bed and patted his son’s shoulder.

 

“listen” with that, she left with a hope his son will now understand his own feelings.

 

After three days of sleepless nights, thinking about his umma’s advice. jaejoong finally got his answer and he made a decision.

 

And that’s why as soon as the sun were up in the sky on a Monday morning, he did not waste any time and made his way to yunho’s house. But as soon as he was near yunho’s house, he stopped on his tracks when he spotted yunho’s mother crying as she runs to the direction of their car.

 

Before he could make a move or utter anything, the car started and went to an unknown direction in a hurry phase. A sudden feeling of fear crept around his body as his heart thumps loudly, not an exciting thump when he’s near yunho, but a thump that something’s about to happen, like he’s about to loose someone special.

 

Later that night, jaejoong got a call from yunho’s mother. And what his heart was telling him earlier happened, all yesha could see was a phone that was slowly dropping on the ground as he son sprinted out of their house with tears flowing down from his eyes.

 

“YUNHO!!” yelled jaejoong as he cried his heart out, it was raining outside just like his tears. He was running to the direction of yunho’s house, he wanted to be sure. Because he doesn’t want to believe that yunho was gone, he wanted to wake up because he believes this was all just a dream, but why wouldn’t he wake up? Why wouldn’t he?.

 

As soon as he reached yunho’s house, he kept knocking and yelling yunho’s name but he got no response, turning his heels around and slowly sliding his back from the door he hugged himself as he cried louder than ever with the rain and the thunder.

 

“yunho… can you hear me?.... why did you leave me? Why this early? I haven’t told you my feelings yet… I haven’t told you how much I love you, how much you mean to me…how I regretted not knowing my feelings earlier.. Now what am I supposed to do? yunho?.... yunho…. It hurts so much, I feel like dying… yunho, Im sorry for hurting you, for being late!!”

 

*.*.*The Summer's Love Story*.*.*

 

“JAEJOONG!!” jeajoong raised his head and was now in the arms of yunho’s mother. They both cried in each other’s embraces.

 

“please tell me, this is all a joke aunty.. yunho’s still alive right?... he’s still alive, right?” Asked jaejoong more like pleaded.

 

“as much as I want it to be a joke jaejoong…. Yunho really left us…. You know jae, my son really loves you.. and he always talks about you, with a smile that never left his face even if he’s broken hearted, he’s satisfied because he’s still has you as a best friend, and he’ll continue to love you until his last breath that’s what he kept telling me… He also told me he doesn’t regret anything, the only thing he’s worried is leaving you, he wants to always protect you, take care of you and be there for you… He was supposed to study abroad the day after today, he was supposed to inform you, but he got into an accident, the guy who brought yunho to the hospital told us he saved a boy from being hit by a truck… He’s truly a kind man and I’m proud to be his mother and morely, he loves you so much jae, and even if it hurts we have to accept that he’s gone but im sure he’s watching over us and he wouldn’t like to see us cry or sad, especially you… because your smile is his treasure”

 

“what hurts the most aunty is… he didn’t get to hear what I truly feels about him, it’s really painful… I love him so much aunty and now it’s too late for him to know” said jaejoong as he continue to cry in mrs. Jung’s embrace.

 

“it’s never too late dear, you can still tell it to him through your prayers, because he’ll be with you as a guardian angel”

 

The rest of Yunho’s burial made jaejoong into a living dead, he just kept staring at yunho’s casket with blankness, as if his soul has left his body. After the burial, mrs. Jung handed a letter with a small box to jaejoong in which the latter accepted it.

 

Jaejoongie,

Hey there boojae :P…. this is my friendship gift to ya… I asked umma to give it to you on our friendship anniversary, since by that time, I’m still here in America… The ring, yes I told you what’s inside the box, yeah im a spoiler but im just excited to tell you what’s inside that small box… Anyways, I bought that ring with my paychecks from my part time job at the café…

Since I always, treats you on arcade every anniversary, this time I want give you something special… Though can I have a request?... I know you don’t feel the same as me, but just for the sake of selfish desires, can I think that, that ring is my proposal to you as my other half? Can i?.... sorry if I sound desperate, but I just… I just want to think that you’re my boyfriend, my other half, I want to continue to live with a reason of you,  to be my strength and an inspiration as to why I’m trying my best to finish my studies and be an engineer…

Who knows when you got yourself a family, I’m the one who’ll design and make your dream house… I really love you jae and thanks for not stopping me from loving you, but don’t worry I won’t be a hindrance to your happiness, this other half thing is just for me so don’t feel guilty nae?... what matters is your happiness, always remember that, and forget how pathetic I am, just remember my cool side okay? Hahahaha..

I’ll always be here for you, see? nothing changed with friendship, except for my love for you… Though if you found you’re “the one”, do tell me nae? So I can prepare myself, joke… to know if this person will treat you right, so I can give my blessings okay?….

Anyways I guess that’s all, kepe smiling and saranghae ^-^

 

“yunho… “ hugging the letter as he laid his eyes on the silver ring.

 

*.*.*The Summer's Love Story*.*.*

 

One year had passed, and jaejoong started to live normally, Or in the eyes of his loved ones. But after a month from yunho’s burial, jaejoong decided to help his mother with their flower business. And now, the business bloomed and became well known in their village.

 

And just like their flower shop, Jaejoong’s beauty also shines as well, which gain’s him more admirers, be it his old admirer’s, some tourists from different parts of korea or even foreigners. And to anyone that attempts to court jaejoong, the latter would always shows his ring finger.

 

From the time he received the ring, he wore it as a sign that he accepted yunho’s wish or more like the proposal.

 

Even though some people kept telling him to move on, because he has a life. He ignores them all, cause for him theres only yunho inside his heart. He may sound crazy, but he doesn’t care.

 

 It also became a habit for Jaejoong to talk to his ring and tells yunho about his day and of course.

 

“I love you.. till we meet again” and kissed it afterwards.

 

*.*.*The Summer's Love Story*.*.*

 

Summer time comes once again, and the special occasion was on the next day, in which jaejoong told his family and yunho’s family about his plan since a month ago when he re-read yunho’s letter, despite their worry for jaejoong’s sake, seeing as this is the only thing that can make him happy they all agreed to it.

 

April 2, 2014, their friendship anniversary and the day yunho confessed, will hold another meaning, adding up to where their friendship bloomed and turned love.

 

Flashback…

“hi there” hearing a cheerful voice made jaejoong to raised his head and stared at the smiling guy in front of him

 

“is this sit taken?” asked the guy in which jaejoong shyly shooked his head. This was the first one someone talked to him, ever since the start of his class as a high school and since some says he looks so cold, no one dared to talk to him, that’s why he’s nervous and shy

 

“thank you, my name’s yunho, jung yunho” said yunho as he extended his hand, in which jaejoong shyly accepted it.

 

“jaejoong, k-kim jaejoong” said jaejoong as the two handshake.

 

“I always notice your alone and I couldn’t stand people are ignoring you..  you may look cold but they shouldn’t judge you that easily.. They should get to know you first, aigoo….and you know? it would be a shame if would let this pass… but I want to be friends with you, can we?” asked yunho with sincerity on his tone.

 

“thanks and s-sure” said jaejoong in which yunho smiled that his eyes smiled as well like a crescent moon.

 

“it’s a pleasure to be friends with you, jae”

 

“same here yunho”

 

“good, we got a year and years to get to know each other” beamed yunho.

End of Flashback..

 

“yes yunho, we did.. and those days and years  were the best of my life.. God had brought you to me, and became my light, changed me, made me courageous and made me stand on my feet without fear, because your there for me… and your love is what’s making my world go round…. Thank you yunho and now is our special day” said jaejoong who was sitting on yunho's gave, while hugging the cross from yunho’s grave, as his tears kept falling down from his eyes.

 

YunJae’s family and friends, together with the priest were gathered around yunho’s grave.

 

Jaejoong’s shoulder length silky black hair, was fixed to a single ponytail, his left hand was on his lap holding a bouquet of red roses, just like what yunho gave him last year. He was wearing a white tuxedo, while imagining that yunho was in front of him, smiling at him, as he listens to the priest who was giving them blessings, for today was their wedding. Yes, jaejoong told his family, that he will held a private wedding at yunho’s grave on the day of their anniversary, emphasizing the warmth the he misses so much.

 

It may sound silly or stupid to others, but this is what jaejoong thinks is the right thing to do. He may not have the chance to let yunho know his true feelings when he was alive, but he’s sure through this and from keeping him alive in his heart, yunho knows and feels his love, even before; and is happy wherever he is. And morely, he fulfills their dream, a dream to be married and be bonded because of love, because they're buddy for life. A love that was their treasure from then to forever, because nothing’s impossible when it comes to love. Silly or not, it depends on how people think of love. Because love is eternal.

 

Light, you’re the light that shows me the right path whenever things are turning dark.

Sun, you’re smile is a sun to me, smiling brightly at me and I miss you so much when i couldn’t see it

Love, it was amazing to have experienced it but it’s so sad that I noticed it, when it was too late.

But then again, love is our treasure.

 

"Till we meet again,...Yunho"

 

The Summer's Love Story

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So how was it? hope you guys feel the emotions in this fic, and another meaning of love, in the features of yunjae... To all my subbies and readers, commentators thank you so much for all the support ^-^... Hope you guys likes it, cause this comes from my heart toinks XD