Part 1

Skateboarder Zelo

The warm rising sun blanketed the six boys who were sound asleep in the van. A golden ray of sunshine landed on a boy's face, even highlighting his grayish silver hair. His eyelids slightly fluttered, making his eyelashes more noticeable. He shifted to avoid the wakeup call but wasn't able to avoid the sun's attempt to wake him up. Giving up, he stretched his legs and arms, letting out a soft groan. He blinked his eyes a few times before fully opening them. His eyes scanned his surroundings, seeing the other boys still asleep.

Sigh...I feel tired. I want to go back to sleep.

The boy sat up and looked out the window. He leaned on his right arm and hummed their song 'Coffee Shop'. His eyes were taking all the new environment in. The palm trees, the people, the shops, and the other places they passed by were all new for him. The stoplight turned to orange and the van slowed down gently to a stop.

The boy looked at the sidewalk to his left with kids, probably his age, walking down with the wind blowing against them when a person in hoodies zipped past. That person caught his eye not just because of the green dinosaur hoodie, the green chucks, or even the fact that that person is riding a skateboard. What caught the boy's eyes were the tricks that the person was doing.

The car moved, just in time when the boy almost lost his sight on that person.

"Hyung! Hyung! Drive faster!"

The boy's excitement woke up Daehyun, his hyung. Daehyun groaned in protest.

"Yah! Junhong! Why are you so noisy?"

The boy, Junhong, can't turn his eyes away from the skater, eager to witness more of that person's skills.

The car turned and that made Junhong frantic. He wanted more. He wanted to battle. He wanted to play. He wanted to skate.

"Ah... I see." 

Daehyun chuckled and shook his head slowly. 

"Sorry Junhong. But now is not the time to play. Get some rest. We have loads of work to do later."

He smiled tiredly and made himself comfortable and went back to sleep leaving Junhong pouting and still looking outside the window.

"All work and no play makes Junhong sad..."


"We are B.A.P! Yes sir! Kamsahamnida!"

B.A.P clapped and bowed to all the staffs, wrapping up their last scene for the day. They were in the beachside at and since today ended earlier than expected and with it, their last day in L.A, they were given time off.

While Yongguk, Himchan, Daehyun, and Youngjae went to the shops near the beach, Jongup and Zelo decided to explore for a bit. Jongup was doing cartwheels in the sand while Zelo was running around pretending to be an airplane. When Jongup finished doing cartwheels and stood up, he saw a park nearby. Hiphop music was blasting and that made Jongup excited.

"Junhong-ah! Do you hear that?"

"Yeah I hear it," Junhong said doing a body wave and turning for the finish.

"Show off," Jongup rolled his eyes and smiled. "Come on! Let's check it out!"

The two boys ran to the park. The music got louder and the view became clearer. Guys and girls were gathered: traceurs, dancers, basketball players and much to Junhong's delight, a few skateboarders.

Before they knew it, Jongup was already battling a dancer and a crowd has already gathered around them, separating Junhong and Jongup.

Junhong smiled and shook his head.

"There he goes..."

Junhong turned around to see a skateboarder wearing green dinosaur hoodies and green chucks. The skateboarder was practicing alone, oblivious of the big crowd that formed around his hyung and another dancer. He looked around to see if there were others and was surprised as he found the skateboarder right in front of him.

"Hey!”

Junhong wasn't only surprised to see the skateboarder right in front of him; that skateboarder was a girl!

"You. You're new here, right?"

The girl blinked twice, panting as she wiped off the sweat forming on her forehead and tied her hair higher.

"Ah. No. Sorry."

Junhong replied, backing a bit.

The girl then smiled a knowing smile.

"You're a foreigner huh? Chinese? Japanese? Korean?"

"Ko--Korean."

"Oh. Arasseo. So, what brings you here?"

Junhong's jaw dropped.

"What? Never met a foreigner who can speak your language before?" she smirked.

"Yes. You also sound almost like a Korean!"

The boy beamed, happy to speak not in English but with his own native language to a person who knows his language.

"Well, I do have a decent amount of knowledge with other languages. Cool, right?" she smiled at him.

"Really? Do you know a lot of languages?"

"Quite a few. Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, Italian, and French. You?"

"Wow. That's a lot! I only know a bit of Japanese and English. Yongguk hyung knows more."

"Yongguk? Sounds familiar."

The girl shifted her skateboard to her other foot.

"Oh yeah! I saw you earlier while I was in the car!"

"...when you were what?"

Junhong blushed, realizing that he must have sounded like a stalker and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Yeah uhm...this morning. I saw a guy skateboarding, wearing a green dinosaur hoodie with green chucks."

"Only that guy is actually a girl," she stuck her tongue out at him. "Good observation skills though."

"Well a person wearing dinosaur hoodies is kinda hard not to notice you know. Nice style by the way. Makes you stand out," Junhong teased.

"You're one to talk Mister Neon Socks and Shoes," she smirked and got on the skateboard.

"Hey. Can I try?"

"I don't know. Can you?" she said challenging him.

Junhong rolled his eyes and smiled.

"May I? And yes, I can."

"Sure. Let's see what you got."

Junhong warmed up for a bit and before her eyes, Junhong did all the tricks he learned up until know.

"Wow. You do know how. I'm impressed. But I'm still better than you," she said taking back her board.

"You're right. You're better. But I'm the best," Junhong said looking down (literally) at her.

"Wanna battle for that title?" she looked back.

"You're on."


"Junhong!"  

Junhong and the girl turned to look.

"Yongguk hyung! Himchan hyung! Daehyun hyung! Youngjae hyung! You're all back!" Junhong ran up to them.

"Manager hyung said we have to go and pack. Where's Jongup?"

"Ah..." he looked down."He's there, still battling with the dancers," he said pointing to a crowd.

"Okay. I'll call him so we can all go back to the hotel and prepare."

The girl walked up to Zelo with a confused expression.

"You're going already?"

"Yeah. Today's our last day in L.A. We'll be leaving for D.C tonight."

"Oh. So..."

"..."

"Well, it's been nice skateboarding with you....uh Junhong right?"

"Yeah. Junhong. You can call me Zelo too if you want."

"Sure. Zelo. I'm Eunseo by the way."

"Korean name??" his eyes got larger.

"Oh yeah I forgot. I'm 1/4 Korean. Mom was a Korean-American. Surprise! Haha!"

"I got Jongup. Let's go," Yongguk appeared beside them with Jongup.

"Okay. Well, it's been nice hanging out with you Eunseo. I hope we could meet again in the future," Zelo offered his hand.

"Awww somebody already misses me. Hahaha kidding."

Eunseo smiled and took his hand and shook it.

"We will definitely meet in the future. Have a safe flight."

"Yeah...Bye!”