Why Why Why

Let's Pretend We Never Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulhae looked up at the person that was accusing her of stalking. Once she saw Kai, her anger doubled. She still wasn’t over the fact that her boyfriend had held his friend’s hand earlier and him bumping into her added another ton to her anger bucket. She huffed and stood up to dust herself.

“Stalking you? If that, it should be you stalking me. Mind you that I left first.”

Kai tilted his head to the side as he thought. From what he remembered, it was true, she did leave before him. He scratched the back of his neck as he gave her a sheepish smile.

“Just because you left first doesn’t mean you got here first. You could have been hiding behind one of those poles in front of the S.M. Building waiting for me to get out and then you followed me here.”

Seulhae crossed her arms over her chest looking at him in disbelief. After all these months of dating and her boyfriend didn't even know her. She wasn’t the type of girlfriend who would go around chasing him to Earth’s end. She didn’t have time for that nor did she want to make time for it.

She sighed and tossed her hands in the air for defeat, “Whatever. This isn’t getting anywhere. I need to find Chanyeol.”

Kai raised an eyebrow as she turned her back to him and started walking away. Chanyeol? Was that all she cared about at the moment? Just looking for him? Nothing else? Usually she doesn’t give up this easy. She liked to press people’s buttons to the max to create discomfort and make situations harder than it should be.

He chewed the inside of his mouth and turned away from her while humphing as he walked in the opposite direction. If she needed to find Chanyeol, quote quote her friend end of quote, at this minute, than he too needed to find Lay as well.

 

 

Finding Chanyeol shouldn’t be so hard. He was a giant elf ear Yoda for goodness sake. But Seulhae didn’t know why she had so much trouble spotting him.

“Argh! Stupid Kai. He just had to ruin my mood today and that Yoonnae girl… she… aish!” She ruffled her hair with annoyance as she looked down at the ground. “Usually this stuff doesn’t bother me. But why can’t I stop thinking about Kai and her hiding something from me?”

“Yo! Seulhae! Over here!”

Seulhae’s head perked up as she heard her name being called. That low voice sounded so familiar to her ears. She turned around and searched for the owner of the voice. Her eyes scanned the room until her eyes stopped on two pair of arms waving frantically in the air.

“Oh my god! Chanyeol-ah!!! Ahh!!!”

Seulhae made no time to second guess her action and ran straight to the giant with her arms sticking out. Once her body made contact with his, she wrapped her arms around his back. Chanyeol was a little taken back by her strong contact when one of his feet stepped back to balance the weight on his upper body.

He chuckled and freed his hands from his suitcase and gift bags as he happily returned her hug. He knew that she missed him badly as he had left for more than a month. All those days without him must have been torturous as she often talked to him about her problems.

S.M. Entertainment had sent him over to Japan for an internship. This was a great opportunity for his future debut as he got to learn the language, its culture, and how the music industry worked. He even got the chance to make some connections with famous and uprising Japanese artists as well as models, actors and actresses and other labels.

“Am I back from the dead or something?” Chanyeol teased as he pulled away from the hug with a huge grin on his face.

Seulhae glared at him and playfully slapped him on the upper arm for making fun of her actions. She admitted that she was a little bit dramatic, but that wasn’t even half of how she was feeling right now.

“Chanyeol-ah~ stop making fun of me.” Seulhae whined as she stomped her feet.

His smile grew wider at her childish action. Only when she was with Chanyeol, she could act like this. No one had ever seen this side of her before. Even Kai hasn’t.

“Okay. Okay. Okay. Oppa will stop.” Chanyeol said after lifting his palms up towards her direction. “Anyways I’m kind of hungry at the moment. You want to go get something to eat? My treat.”

Seulhae laughed lightly when Chanyeol started rubbing his stomach. “Did you not eat before and during the airplane ride?”

“Of course I did. I just want to do a little catching up while we eat.”

She happily nodded her head as she walked over to his side. She was so happy that he had recalled what part of the day she liked eating out the most, late evening. She loved eating at restaurants during that time because the lights outside on the streets were always at that meticulous time and the night was constantly peaceful and comforting. Just looking through the clear windows and into the scenery outside was enough for her to willingly close her eyes and call it a day.

“Oh! Is it okay if I invite a friend? I met him over the airplane ride. He’s currently waiting for a ride. After we eat we can take him home. You okay with that?”

“Sure.” Seulhae lied as she placed her hands into her pant pockets.

She really wanted it to just be the two of them. But she didn’t want to hurt his feelings because he just barely got back from an airplane ride which she was sure caused him intense jet lag. She watched as he took out his phone and pressed a couple of buttons before bring it to his ear.

“Ah! Lay-ah. It’s me Chanyeol. Are you still here at the airport? Oh I was just wondering if you would like to join a friend of mines and me for dinner.”

The female looked at her friend and furrowed her eyebrows as she thought, “Lay? What kind of name is that? Who names their kid Lay?”

“Of course your friend can come along too. Any friend of yours is mines as well. Um… we’re standing near the luggage area. Okay. I’ll see you in a few.”

Chanyeol ended his call with Lay and tucked his phone away in his front pant pock as he looked at Seulhae with a questionable look. “What’s with the face?”

She pushed her thoughts aside as his voice brought her back to reality. She stared blankly at him for a couple of seconds before shaking her head sideways and smiling at him.

“My friend is joining us. He said that his friend had just arrived at the airport to pick him up. So he’ll be joining us as well.”

Seulhae mentally slapped her forehead as she tried to keep a straight face on. At first she wanted it to just be them two but then later agreed that Lay joining them wouldn’t be so bad. And now his friend is going to join them too? This was more than what she had bargained for.

She nodded her head like before without saying a single word. Chanyeol grinned and ruffled her hair lightly; appreciating the fact that she let Lay and his friend join them for dinner. She didn’t complain about him messing up her hair, instead she fixed her hair back in place and just stayed quiet.

 

 

Lay handed some of the gift bags that he had received from fans to Kai after putting his phone back into his backpack. Kai unwillingly grabbed them as he grunted in disapproval. The last time he had to carry this much bags was when he was still dating one of his ex-girlfriends; the one before Seulhae and he hit it off.

“You haven’t even debuted yet and here you are having a free shopping spree.” Kai said as he readjusted the position of his hand to prevent the bag handles from slipping.

“Don’t forget that I was a child star in China back in the days.”

“Oh… right. I completely forgot. Anyways, who’s this friend that we’re going to have dinner with? I didn’t catch his name when you were talking to him earlier.”

Lay grabbed a hold of his suitcase handle and some gift bags as he motioned his head forward for Kai to follow him. “His name is Chanyeol.”

“Ah~ Chanyeol huh. That’s cool.” Kai nodded his head as he walked beside Lay, but then stopped when he realized that that name sounded way too familiar. “Wait! Ch-Chan-Chanyeol?”

“Um hm.” Lay stopped and turned around to face his friend as he leaned his head to one side. “What’s with the stuttering?”

“N-n-nothing. Let’s get going.”

Before the two could continue walking, a female voice cleared over the intercom of the airport. “There has been a suitcase reported missing as well as a suitcase that has never been picked up. Please check your bag IDs to make sure that you have the correct suitcase before leaving or you will be charged for theft.”

The female repeated the message two more times before finally putting an end to her speech. Lay bent down and grabbed the ID on the suitcase that he had been dragging with him since he got off of the plane. He turned it around and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter