✰ Three Wishes ✰

Three Wishes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three Wishes

Featuring Baekhyun and Soohyun

"Are you ready to fall under a love spell?"

Humans are crazy. Period.

 

They laugh, cry and get mad about the most simplest stuff. They're greedy and worthless. They get jealous when others are successful. They bring other people down if they don't want to see their achievements. They're manipulative and cunning creatures that would try everything to get what they want from the people around them. Isn't that sick? They're so narrow-minded and selfish! Once they're faced with a trial, they immediately want to give up and die. They're the most annoying things in the world! I hate them!

 

Though here I am with stuck with an awful job that requires me to interact with the most despicable creatures on the planet.

 

I'm Byun Baekhyun and I am a genie.

 

 

I hate my job as a genie. It was all the same thing each and every person I meet! I'm sick and tired of it! My lamp have set foot on every single country on the planet. I've seen many different people who has so many greed in life. They waste their three wishes for money and nothing else.

 

Oh? You're not familiar with this genie business? Let me fill you up then.

 

Genies... hmm... where should I start? Have you seen that Disney movie Aladdin? That blue guy who floats around. Him! That's a genie. You're asking if I look like that?! The answer is no. I'm not Blue. I look human, but I'm really not. How could a perfectly normal human fit in a small lamp?

 

Oh yeah! The significance of the lamp. Let's say I live in a lamp since I'm a genie. Okay, not really live, but I'm imprisoned by that lamp. , right? You do not know how stuffy it is in there! Once, I waited for 100 years for a human to rub my lamp and make a wish, so I can get some fresh air. But no, I was in the middle of the Saharan Desert in Africa! My lamp was buried in a gazillion feet of sand. Ugh! Boy, was that frustrating. Okay, like I said. We genies work for humans. When a human finds our lamp, they can rub it and summon us. Once they have summoned us, we get out of the lamp and that human becomes our masters. We now have to grant them three wishes. Which !

 

The thing about the three wishes though is that these humans could not wish for someone to die. They could also not wish for someone to love them. They could also not wish for a dead person to be brought back to life. They can't also wish to go back in time. Besides those, they can pretty much get what they want from us genies. Once our masters are done with us, we go on our separate ways and never look back or bother with each other ever again. That's basically it. The life of a genie is that simple.

 

 

Right now, I really don't know where I am. I don't know which country I'm in. Who knows if my lamp submerged at the very bottom of the Pacific Ocean? I would always think that and it scared me that no one would be able to find my lamp again. If they don't find my lamp, I'm trapped. The end. Another thing about us genies is that after we grant our masters their third and last wish, we immediately get taken away by our lamp in a matter of seconds. We don't know where our lamp would end up then. I had a master before and he used his third and final wish for an expensive yacht. With one snap of my finger, we were in a yacht in a middle of the sea. Then poof! I disappeared. The next thing I knew I was in Antarctica, freezing to death.

 

Aigoo~ I've been waiting for days and no one hasn't summoned me. I'm so frustrated right now. I wanna know where I am. I hear large amounts of water splashing down from the ground and I could only guess that it was a waterfall. Am I on top of the waterfall or the bottom? See, how interesting my life is? I haven't heard anything for days. I want to get out of this lamp! I'm sick of hearing nothing, but the water and the goddamn birds! Ugh! My life!

 

"OMG! It's so beautiful here!" I heard a few cameras clicking. "Waa~ so pretty! Ge!" A male said.

 

Oh! A human!! I just heard a human!!! They need to get me out of here! Gosh! I really don't know how I managed to wait for a century that one time!

 

"YEHET! YEHET! It's really nice up here!" Another boy commented.

 

"I know, right? Sorry we didn't go to the ocean that you wanted, but this works, right love?" I heard another man's voice asked his lover.

 

"Neh, hyung. You're really my biggest fan, aren't you?"

 

Oops. Never mind. It was a guy.

 

"So, is this his grandmother's place?" A heard a very faint voice this time.

 

"No, hyung. I thought I told you were in Jeju. I'm your tour guide, but you don't even listen to me."

 

"Oops... sawrry~"

 

"Kids, we should go. We still have a music video to film. I want some bubble tea as well so let's go!"

 

No!!! These people can't leave! At least one of them could've seen my lamp!

 

"We should. This place is not my style." A person with a deep voice said.

 

"Ya! What exactly is your style?"

 

"Come on, I have to go to my Talking Classes! I paid 150,000 won for that! I can't miss it!"

 

Then after a few hysterical laughs and clicks of the camera from here and there, those group of people were gone. And I'm doomed.

 

"Oooh!!! A lamp!"  A boy picked up my lamp from the ground. Yes, boy! Get my lamp and freaking set me free! Right now!!! Do it!

 

The boy just laughed and put my lamp back down again.

 

"You thought I was gonna fall for that, didn't you? AHAHA! Troll!" The boy said and I heard him run to catch up with his group. What a troll.

 

At least through those people, I found out where I am now. I'm in Jeju Island, South Korea. If I'm not mistaken, I'm at Cheonjiyeon Waterfall. I also found out that I'm on the top of the waterfall, not the bottom, which made me hope that someone would eventually summon me.

 

I waited and waited, but no one was coming. I'm just so bored! I just really want to get out of my lamp. I feel claustrophobic! Wow! I'm hilarious. Kkaeb song~

 

"Ya, Park Soohyun! Are you really going to be like this? Huh?" I heard a girl's voice. "Are you really going to jump off this waterfall? You know you'll die immediately, right? There's no turning back."

 

"Who is she even talking to? And see, how shallow! She wants to die. I bet she has problems that could be solved, she just chose not to solve it."

 

"Ya, Soohyun-ah. Just jump. It's easy. Jump! But... I can't swim. But, isn't that a good thing? You don't have to worry about anything since you're immediately faced with death."

 

"Ugh!!! Is she gonna jump or what?! And is she crazy?! Why is she talking to herself?! Yup! She's lost it! She's not sane! I do not want her anywhere near my lamp."

 

The girl cried so much. It wasn't the attractive kind of cry that you hear girls do. It was the blaring kind of cry that babies made. Her cry was legit destroying my eardrums.

 

"I want to die!!! I hate my life!" The girl wailed.

 

"Oh, God. Someone please help her." I said and rolled my eyes.

 

"Oh? What is that?"

 

"What is what?! Oh, dear. I think she saw my lamp."

 

And she did. I felt her pick up my lamp from the ground. By the way, my stupid lamp has a freaking instruction in the front. It clearly states-

 

"Rub the lamp 3 times?" And so she did rubbed my lamp.

 

I was out of the tiny space and I finally got to breathe some fresh air. Thank goodness... well not really since I'm stuck with a psycho.

 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" The girl, who's my master now, screamed when this out-of-this-world thing happened. She was wearing some sportswear fit for the place she's at. She's very average-looking and her glasses made her even more normal looking. She had the poodle kind of curly hair and it was a little frizzy since it was down.

 

She backed up from me of fright and her foot slipped off since she was on the edge of the waterfall. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" She screamed again.

 

"Ugh! What a klutz!" I commented.

 

"I don't want to die! Save me! HELP!!! Ahhh!!!!" And there goes her first wish.

 

"Your wish is my command." I said and flew down the waterfall to catch her falling body frame. I caught my master in midair while she was falling. I was carrying her bridal style as we stopped in the middle of the waterfall, floating.

 

"How..? What...? Who...?" She couldn't manage to finish a question.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, your genie."

 

"What?" She gave me the most annoying and confused look like I was a mentally incapable. "A genie? Don't make me laugh. Or... am I really dead?! Did I die already? I don't remember hitting the water when I fell though. I don't remember struggling in the water for breath either." She slapped herself harshly and cried in pain after. . "Oh my gosh, I'm not dead. Ya! Who are you?!" She asked me demandingly.

 

"Byun Baekhyun, your genie."

 

"Stop messing with me! I'm really not in the right mind right now. Ya, Park Soohyun! Wake up! Wake up! You're just dreaming." She repeated to herself like it was some kind of mantra. She should know that she's not dreaming after slapping her face so hard. My new master wasn't really the smartest girl.

 

"Listen here, Park Soohyun-sshi."

 

"Oh!!! How did you know my name?!" She looked at me in shock. She's so dumb, which is another thing I hate about humans. If you're not the smartest person in the world, at least try to be averagely smart, so you can understand other people and not frustrate creatures like me who lives and try to be very patient all the time.

 

"You just said your name when you were scolding yourself."

 

"Ah... neh~ But... we're floating right now. How come?"

 

"I'm Byun Baekhyun and I'm a genie, Park Soohyun-sshi. Don't make me repeat it. It's my third time saying it already." I told her. I carried her while floating to get to the very bottom of the waterfall. Once we were on the ground, I let her down.

 

"Oh my goodness, I'm alive!!! I'm alive!!!" She exclaimed and even kneeled on the ground and kissed it.

 

"Is she mentally not stable? Did she escaped a mental institution or something? It would definitely make sense since she was about to commit suicide earlier." I thought to myself. "Jeokiyo, Park Soohyun-sshi." I called her while she was doing her insane ritual.

 

"I'm alive!!!!!!! Mansae!!!!" She screamed and raise both of her hands to celebrate.

 

"Park Soohyun-sshi, since you rubbed my lamp and summoned me, I'll introduce myself and how our relationship would work for the next days." Or should I say a day. She seems like the kind of person who would spend all three wishes in one day. Well, she has two left, so that works well for me.

 

"Relationship? And what are you talking about? A genie? Not a vampire or an oolf, but a genie? That's hilarious!!!!" She laughed hysterically while clutching her stomach.

 

"Jeokiyo Park Soohyun-sshi, for your information, out of all the mythical creatures that humans have invented out of their imagination, only genies are real."

 

"So you're saying vampires and wolves doesn't exist, but genies do?" She asked me to clarify, trying to wipe tears from her eyes from laughing so much.

 

"Neh."

 

She just laughed at my face again. She exaggerated a bit and started hitting the ground with her hands while laughing so much. "Ow!" She exclaimed and when she looked at her hand, there was a huge cut on her palm and it was gushing so much blood. "Oh my gosh!" She panicked.

 

"One wish and that wouldn't hurt anymore and it would also not leave a scar." I told her, obviously doing my job.

 

"Neh? Are you just gonna stand there and not help me?" She asked me.

 

"Wish for it to get better, that's how I could help you." I told her.

 

"Aish!" She said and ripped the bottom of her shirt off and tried to cover the bleeding wound. "Sssssssss..." She hissed when she was putting the cloth on.

 

"Anyways, you're my master now. Anything that you wish for, I can do it. You get three wishes, though you quite used the first one earlier when you wanted to be saved from falling off the waterfall." I informed my new master.

 

She was staring blankly in space, but I saw tears forming in her eyes. Those tears immediately fell down on her cheeks. "Then, can I use the last two to make him love me again or at least go back in time when we were still together?" She asked me while crying. She tried to wipe her tears, but she made it worse since her hand was still bleeding from the wound she got.

 

"Park Soohyun-sshi... I really can't do that. I don't have the power to grant you those wishes. Genies can't make someone love you and we also can't turn back the time that has passed."

 

"Then, what's the point? What's the point of life when he's not with me anymore? I should just kill myself! I should've just fell straightly in the water! Why did you save me?! Why?! Why?!" She cried like a little, annoying toddler again.

 

"Because that's my job. You wish for something, I grant it to you. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm your genie and I'm here to grant your wishes?" I asked her. I'm so frustrated! She needs to get that into her head! I'm tired of saying it.

 

"N... neh... I understand... Baekhyun-sshi."

 

"Good. Two more wishes from me, Soohyun-sshi. Make it fast so I can be out of your life in no time." I told her heartlessly.

 

"But I need someone in my life right now, Baekhyun-sshi." She said and wailed like a little baby again.

 

"Ugh!!!!" I groaned out of frustration. "You're so annoying!!!!"

 

"I'm annoying?" She wailed even louder than before and with one snap of my finger, there were earplugs in my ears to block her childlike voice.

 

 

Park Soohyun - my new master - I don't know how I can manage to be with her for the next two wishes. It's impossible. After meeting for the first time at the waterfall, she led me to her hotel in Jeju Island. She was still upset about her issue earlier and doesn't seem to mind acting up in front of me like I've been her best friend since birth. Hello? We just met! We walked a long way to get back to her hotel, but all I heard were cries and incoherent complains and strange questions that has to do with life. I didn't bother asking her her problem. I didn't want to. I'm out of her life after 2 wishes, so why bother asking? I'm not interested anyways.

 

Unlike the genie in Aladdin, I wore normal clothes. One snap of my fingers, I'm completely dressed according to the country I'm in or the trendy fashion these days. Being a genie is pretty awesome, except for two things. Socializing with humans and-

 

"Baekhyun-sshi." My master called my name and grabbed my hand when I was entering the elevator she just got into when we reached the hotel.

 

"Why are you touching m-" I suddenly saw tears in her eyes so I stopped finishing my sentence. I looked at where her gaze was and saw her looking at a man linking arms with a woman coming towards the elevator.

 

"Hurry up, Baekhyun-sshi. Close the elevator." She commanded. Should I count that as another wish?

 

I went inside the elevator and pressed the button for it to close.

 

"Wait up!!" The man that my master was looking at said and grabbed the elevator door before it closed. He came inside with the girl he was with.

 

I looked at my master and saw her head down, still holding my hand. "Park Soohy-"

 

"Soohyun-ah... you're... you're still here?" The man asked.

 

"Baekhyun-sshi, let's get off immediately." She ordered me. Should I count that as another wish?

 

"N... neh."

 

"Wa~ Soohyun-ah, you found someone so fast after Chunjae oppa. How come? That's really unbelievable. I mean, he looks normal and in the right mind, but how did you manage to get him?" The girl who the guy was with asked Soohyun.

 

The elevator door suddenly opened, but it was only the 5th floor, my master pressed the button that had a 10 on it, which means were still 5 floors below her hotel room.

 

Soohyun let go of her grip on my hand and rushed out of the elevator. I just trailed behind her seeing an empty 5th floor.

 

"I'm sorry, Park Soohyun." The guy who was in the elevator said before the door closed.

 

I cleared my throat. "Uhm... who's he?"

 

My master just walked away from me and I guess she was still in the right mind since she went to open the door that led to the staircase. She left me by myself expecting that I'm just going to follow her and walk up a flight of stairs to the 10th floor. With a snap of my finger, I was on the 10th floor. I leaned my shoulder against the wall and waited for my master to come.

 

Out of boredom, I started singing the Genie anthem that was released back in 2009. I've been singing to it since, it was first released. The most beautiful girls in pilot costumes caught my attention and ever since then I've been their fangenie, not fanboy. Their leader is my favorite. She's what I call bias. Tell me your wish~ Oh how I want to tell her my wish.

 

The door of the staircase suddenly opened after I sang through the whole song. My master appeared and fell on her knees when she saw me relaxed and not sweating, unlike her.


"Wh... what the? How did you get here so fast?"

 

"Can I put a stamp on your forehead that says I'm a genie? I can do whatever I want. By whatever, I mean everything." I told her again, almost boasting.

 

"Then, make the guy we just saw fall in love with me again." She demanded.

 

I was out of words. I didn't know what to say to her. "I... told you... I can't..."

 

She gave me a bitter smile and put her head down. "So much for everything. By the way, why didn't you just take me with you? Look! I had to climb up to here!"

 

"Kkaeb song~"

 

"Kkaeb what?"

 

"You don't need to know." I said and rolled my eyes at her.

 

 

My master led me to her hotel room and when I was inside, I sat down comfortably on the couch and lay and closed my eyes. "Nice room." I commented. "How did you afford this? You don't really look like you came from a rich family." I realized what I just said might've offended her.


"I'm really not." She replied quietly while organizing some of the stuff that was cluttered on the floor.


"Then, how come you're staying here? This is like a presidential suite? How could you have possibly afforded this?"


She didn't say anything so I tried to change my question.


"What I meant to say was, this is a huge suite, but you're the only one who stays here."

 

"Listen. I'm sorry we started off at an awful start. I showed you sides that I'm not supposed to be showing to a person... I mean... a genie I just met. I showed you my weak side, but don't use that against me to insult me. Like I said. We just met. I don't know you and you most definitely don't know me, Byun Baekhyun-sshi." She said and grabbed the door knob of her room. "I'm going to bed. Don't feel offended, I'm locking the door." She told me.


"Like I'm going to do something to you. You're not even close to Taeyeon noona's visuals!" I argued and scoffed.


I think she was too drained to reply to me so she just left the and went to her own room, not even answering a single question I asked her.


"Chh! Who cares about that ahjumma?! Ugh!" I commented and comfortably slept on the sofa I was laying on and waited for the sunrise to come.

 

 

"Baekhyun-sshi... Baekhyun-sshi?"


I heard someone call my name while tapping my back at the same time.


"Baekhyun-sshi?? You're.. kind of... uhm..."


I finally woke up from my deep sleep and in no time, I fell flat on the floor. "Owwww!!!" I exclaimed.


My master helped me up and guided me to sit on the sofa."Why were you floating in your sleep?" She asked.


"Sorry. It's a habit of mine. It's like when humans sleepwalk. Genies tend to sleepfloat." I informed her.


"Ahh~ neh."


I stood up from the floor and with a snap of my finger, a mirror appeared in front of my face. When I saw my morning face, I stepped away from the mirror, shocked. I saw my master laugh from the corner of my eye. "Oh, god! This is why I hate sleeping outside of my lamp. I get too comfortable and sad to say... ugly." I commented. With one snap of a finger, I thought my hair would be fixed, but like humans, I'm weak and useless in the mornings.


"I'll fix it, Baekhyun-sshi." My master offered and ran her hands through my messy, brown hair. "There. So, your powers doesn't work in the mornings?"


"They do. I'm just a little drowsy so it's being this way."


"Ah~ listen Baekhyun-sshi. I'm really sorry about what happened last night. I didn't mean to sound that way towards you. I'm really sorry." She told me. She wasn't wearing her glasses and I could clearly see her eyes. I noticed how nice they were. They looked so innocent and warm. It didn't reach Taeyeon noona's eyes, but they were still nice.


"That's okay. I started it. It's human nature that you react that way." I said and looked away from her eyes since I realized that I was staring at them intently.


"But, Baekhyun-sshi, you're really blurry right now. Excuse me I'll just get my glasses." She said and turn away from me.


"No... you don't need to." I tried to stop her so I can look at her eyes more. There was something about her eyes that made it hard for me to stop looking at them. They were so familiar to me, but it was so faint that I could barely remember why I'm so familiar with it.


"I have to. Unless, you fix my eyes and give me the perfect eyesight." She said and smiled. The smile as well. It was so familiar. I just didn't recognize all of this yesterday since she was crying and whining right in front of me. She never flashed me a smile and never found the time to take her glasses off.


"If I do that, that leaves us to one wish, Master."


"Should we go down for breakfast or would you like to stay here and I cook?" My master asked me.


"How does a buffet breakfast sound?" I asked her back.


"Neh?"


I took my master to the dining room of the suite and with a snap of my finger, a whole breakfast buffet appeared on the huge table. There were different kids of bread and pastries. There were morning desserts such as ice cream and cakes. On the table, a chocolate fountain was also standing proud in the middle with a plate of strawberries and marshmallows on either sides. There were also a variety of fruits that was good for a month. There were sausages, bacons, hash browns and many more. Of course, pancakes and waffles were present as well.


"Wo..ah." I can tell that my master was a little flustered. "This is..."


"A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter