Master Chef

Scrambled Eggs

Baekhyun and Chanyeol are arguing. Again. Looking at their friendship this is a bit unusual. Well, not really. D.O , the chef of the dorm, who was sitting on the dinning room, chose to ignore it. He regret allowing Baekhyun and Chanyeol to make a breakfast for the boys today. He swore not gonna let any of the boys touch his holy kitchen ever again.

"What on earth are you doing?" Chanyeol, sounding grumpy and impatient.

"Making scrambled eggs, what's it look like?" Baekhyun, sounding so irritable as he look at Chanyeol face.

"Okay, that is not how you make scrambled eggs."

"What are you talking about? Eggs, milk, frying-pan. Scrambled eggs."

D.O feels his head is about to explode. What the hell possessed him to let those boys into the kitchen in the first place anyway? Oh right, that show. The masterchef. Baekhyun and Chanyeol has been watching that show a lot which make them want to try to cook for the boys once. But D.O should've known better. Watching a cooking show, doesn't make you a better cooker. Let alone chef.

"You put the eggs in the bowl first, then the milk."

"What? What difference does that make?"

"It's so that you get the proportions right, dear Bacon."

"Proportions? I'm making eggs, not doing a maths exam."

Great. Just great  D.O thought.

"Now what are you doing?" Chanyeol keep asking.

"Heating the frying-pan so i can melt the butter."

"You've got it set too high. The butter will burn. And you shouldn't be using a frying-pan anyway."

Water. I need a freaking water D.O thought. He walked to the water dispenser, but there's only a bare swallow left, and he thought that tea might help. He's not going to make a coffee though. He made a mistake the other day making the boys a coffee. Didn't seem to affect the other much, but Chanyeol. The coffee didn't make him any less grumpy in the morning, but it did leave him in a state of hyperactive six-year-old. Suho and Kai had to tied him in the sofa, and D.O swear to never, ever make a coffee to Chanyeol again. Ever.

"Yeah? What should i be using then, Captain America?"

"Captain America? All the male chefs out there, and you're going with Captain America? He doesn't even cook!"

"Yeah, you're right. You're more of a Gordon Ramsey. Miserable, opinionated bastard."

"And you're what, Simon Cowell? And, to answer your question, you should be using saucepan."

"Why the would i fry eggs in a saucepan? Besides, the frying-pan's already dirty, it'll just mean more dishes."

"You're not frying them, you're scrambling them. Scram-bling. With a whisk."

D.O let out a small sigh. Their argument is starting to turn nasty. And if they're going to move from verbal sparring to physical then he'd prefer they did it somewhere else other than his holy kitchen.

"Yeah, you whisk them in the bowl. Then you pour them into the frying-pan and sort of poke them around with a spatula until they're done." Baekhyun said.

"No you don't." Chanyeol replied wittily

"No, you don't. I do. How'd you make them then, Gordon?"

"You pour the whisked mixture into a heated saucepan, then you keep whisking them while they cook. Simple."

"Well, that's not how my mum taught me to do it."

There's a silence pause, and D.O rushes urgently to the kitchen to stop this ridiculous fight about a freaking scrambled eggs to go any further. The "My Mother" card has been played. Baekhyun almost never plays the "My Mother" card, and when he does, it's a clear signal to back off. Except that Chanyeol is a clueless bastard at the best of times, and right now is hardly the best of times, with him being all grumpy in the morning. He can't guarantee what will be happened to his kitchen if he didn't stop this right now.

"You saying my mum didn't know how to make scrambled eggs?" Chanyeol start yelling.

"I'm not saying anything about your mum. Just that she obviously taught you a different way of making them." Baekhyun defend himself.

"I dont' care how either of you makes them, or your mother," D.O roared as he stormed to the kitchen "I'm hungry, and i want to eat, not listen to you two arguing about a freaking scrambled eggs. Now, if you'll both sit down, I will fix the miserable bloody eggs, and neither of you will say one ing word about how i fix them."

Then finally D.O makes them scrambled eggs his way, the way his mother taught him, which is, of course, the only proper way of fixing scrambled eggs and is completely different from either of their ridiculous methods. Finally the two of them agree that D.O scrambled eggs are the best they have ever tasted, which is, of course, exactly as it should be.