Who Will Cross? I Will.

The Other Side of the Road

i felt deprived of OTP feels these days. so here is  the next chapter.

 

~~~

 

Sooyoung’s POV

I’m still at Gangwon-do Station. It has been months since I last saw her. I couldn’t believe it was my last. I had a lot of questions the first night I didn’t see her.

Where could she have been?

Does she change stations?

Did she finally have a car?

Did she discover the convenience of a cab?

Ugh, I hate to think like this. When in the first place I could’ve just crossed the road when I started being comfortable in commuting.

When I knew I won’t get lost.

When I knew I already liked her even though I only see her for a fraction of a day.

I still kept on looking at my watch. It’s a habit that grew on me. Because the moment I look up, I can see her. I can watch her from here. I can dream about of meeting and talking to her.

5:55pm, it’s the time I’ve always wanted to see her.

It’s the time she’ll show up.

Maybe if I’ll continue this habit of mine, I’ll finally see her again.

I didn’t even stop bringing in cupcakes. I know it’s dumb, but I still wish of giving her these.

Even on Wednesdays, I already refused the free ride my sister is offering me hoping of at least seeing her.

Should I ride my car again?

How long will I still wait here?

I guess my excuses back fired, huh? So I’ll just really use those savings for my foods.

 

~~~

 

“Sooyoung.” Yuri snapped her fingers right before my eyes.

“Huh?”

“You’re lost again.” She commented.

“No, I’m not.” I denied.

It has been our dialogue ever since that unfortunate day. But this time, what she said shocked me.

“C’mon. I followed you once…” Yuri started explaining.

I looked at her in disbelief, raising my brows in shock.

“Okay, maybe twice. Or thrice.” She admitted, whispering the last part. “But you were really restless the first time I did” She added defensively.

I continued staring at her, obliging her to talk and talk.

“You were glancing from your front to the ground endlessly. It really disturbs me. I haven’t seen you so down before. I didn’t notice it the first time, but I think..” She hesitated to continue.

I rolled my eyes, indicating that she has been talking too much to hesitate like that.

“I think.. you were actually looking at the other side of the station. And you look like someone who’s waiting for someone.” She paused. “And, can I say this one?”

“Ugh, stop asking permission. You’ve been making me overthink ever since you started talking.”

“You looked pathetic carrying a box of cupcakes; glancing at it and appearing to be giving it to someone.” She stifled a laugh.

I looked at her threateningly.

“But seriously, Sooyoung? If it’s a love problem, just tell me, pronto! I’m expert in this.” Yuri confidently exclaimed.

“Says someone who barely caught Sunny’s attention if not for me.” I sighed.

“True enough. I may be timid every time she’s here. But you know what I did after you stopped helping me?” She daringly asked.

“What?,” curious of what it is.

“I approached her.” She smiled, tapped my shoulder then left me there.

 

~~~

 

Saturday night.

I stayed a little longer at our restaurant, since I usually don’t see her on Saturdays. But hey, I haven’t seen her for the rest of the days too.

6:55pm.

But the time doesn’t matter. I have brought my car with me.

Why?

Yuri talked me into sending her to Sunny’s. And such a good friend that I am, I agreed.

So here I am, seated at the driver’s seat, about to head northbound, suddenly regretting why I decided to say yes.

“Kaja.” Yuri said as she opened the passenger’s side.

“So you’re making me a third wheel tonight, huh?” I said bitterly as I started the car.

“Oh no no.” She smiled mischievously. “You’re dropping me off.”

“What?!” I turned right at the main road. “You didn’t tell me that.”

“I did not.” She admitted. “But it’s implied. Besides, it’s Saturday. Go out. Try partying for once.”

“Ugh” I just rolled my eyes as we approach Gangwon-do Station.

Instinctively, I glanced on my left and watch as the bus opened its doors, letting people out.

 

And then just as I am about to turn my eyes back on the road, I saw her disembark the bus.

My heart is beating really fast.

All my hopes were up.

All the longings were fulfilled.

And yet I know this is the second chance I am asking for, and this time, I won’t let it pass.

My mind didn’t think twice.

As if Yuri’s voice echoed back my thoughts. “I approached her.

I will approach her. “It’s now or never.” I whispered.

 

“Yuri?” She looked at me and before she can answer me, “Get out.” I said as I stopped the car at the side.

“What?!” It’s her turn to be shocked.

“I said ‘get out’. C’mon make it fast.”

She still looked at me confused.

“I’ll be partying tonight.” Oh, what an excuse. “Yuri! Ppali, ppali, ppali, ppali…,” not stopping until she got off.

I looked at my left again. She hadn’t been far from the station.

I parked the car at a near convenient store, got out and started running. I passed by Yuri who’s walking back to the bus station.

As if on cue, the light turned green for crossing. I think I heard Yuri calling my name, but who cares about that now?

I guess my running skills didn’t improve much from the last time I did. But I still saw a glimpse of her before she turned left.

As I neared her, I slowed down for a while, thinking what I should do. Too bad, I don’t have cupcakes with me.

But, who cares?

I don’t have much time to think so I just stopped right in front of her and she looked really shocked.

I’m supposed to speak up, but my brain stopped working for a while when I finally can see her up this close. I know she looks good, but I didn’t know she’s this wonderful.

“Hi.” It was all I can muster to say as I raise my hand and wave a little.

Should I make an impromptu speech?

Doesn’t it look creepy approaching her like this?

Oh gosh, what if she’s a snob?

Questions ran through my head faster than I thought.

But then,

“Hi.” She answered me back smilingly.