No Memory

I Just Want to Hear Your Beating Heart

I looked at myself in the mirror and smiled. As I hummed softly to myself, I noticed a small scar on my forehead. I had never really noticed it before though. I gently touched the scar on my forehead and when I did, my eye sight suddenly darkened then light was returned to my eyes. I blinked a few times in confusion. "What just happened?" I sighed to myself a bit and walked down stairs meeting up with Zelo. Ever since my strange memory loss, or so people say, Zelo's been staying at my house to keep an eye on me.

 

"Hyung," I turned to Zelo and quirked an eyebrow. "Nae?" He walked towards me and handed me an envelope. "What's this?" I questioned. "I don't know hyung. It was just beside the front door this morning when I went out." I looked at the envelope and narrowed my eyes. On the front of the envelope it said Daehyun. Zelo watched me as I slowly opened the envelope. Inside was a small piece of paper that was folded up. I unfolded it and tilted my head slightly. Zelo's eyes looked at me and said, "What does it say hyung?" I became confused as I just stared at it for a few seconds before speaking back. "It's blank." I looked up at him with my eyebrows furrowed. "A blank piece of paper?" I nodded my head at him and shrugged slightly. I sat it down on the counter top and headed for the kitchen.

 

I got a glass of orange juice and sat down at the table. "You have to see Dr. Kim this morning hyung." Zelo said as he followed me into the kitchen. I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck. "Why do I have to keep going to see her?" He sighed and grabbed his car keys. "Because, she's trying to help keep you sane...well, help you be less insane." He nodded slowly and slipped his shoes and jacket on. "I'm not insane, why does everyone keep telling me this?" He walked over to me and patted my head. "You talk to yourself too much hyung." I stood up and grabbed my jacket. "I don't talk to myself." I chuckled softly as I headed out the front door with him. He mumbled under his breath lowly as we got into his car, "You do."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"Good morning Mr. Jung," Dr. Kim smiled as she greeted me into her office. "Good morning," I smiled back at her as I sat down on the couch. "Well I guess we should just get started, nae?" I nodded a bit and took my jacket off. "How have you been lately?" I leaned back and placed my hands in my lap. "I've been good."

 

"Do you still talk to yourself?"

 

I sighed a bit and stared over at her, "I don't talk to myself."

 

She nodded slowly at me and jotted down a few notes. "So this girl, what do you call her?"

 

"Heaven?"

 

"Heaven, and when was the last time you saw her?"

 

"Last night."

 

"And what happened between you two last night?"

 

I shrugged slightly. "Nothing really, we just talked."

 

"What did you two talk about?"

 

"Lots of things, nothing specific."

 

Dr. Kim sat her notebook down and pulled her chair up closer to mine. "Does she know Zelo?"

 

I shook my head a bit. "No, he's never around when she is."

 

"How often do you talk to this girl Mr. Jung?"

 

"A lot, she first came around about six months ago. She's almost always around."

 

Dr. Kim stood up from her chair and walked over to a shelf. She pulled out a folder then walked back over to sit in front of me. She glanced up at me as she opened the folder and took out a photo. "Do you remember this day?"

 

I took the photo from her and looked at it carefully. I stared at the picture that has a car in the middle of the road on flames. I tilted my head slightly then looked back up at her. "No ma'am."

 

Dr. Kim bit her bottom lip as she took the photo back and then searched through the folder. She glanced up at me once more, "Amy Lee."

 

"Amy Lee?"

 

She nodded her head at me then looked up at me. "Ring any bells?"

 

I thought to myself and looked around the room for a few minutes before looking at her again.

 

"What about Ailee?"

 

I narrowed my eyes a bit and stared at her, "Who is this Ailee girl everyone keeps talking about?"

 

She nodded her head a bit and pulled out a bride's wedding ring. She leaned over and placed it in the palm of my hand. "Amy Lee."

 

I examined the ring for a few minutes before handing it back to her.

 

"Daehyun, you mysteriously woke up one day with a wedding ring on your finger."

 

I nodded my head a bit, "Nae, I did."

 

"Do you remember anything before that?"

 

I thought hard to myself for a little while. I gently bit my bottom lip as I played with my fingers in my lap. "The farthest back I remember is six months ago."

 

Dr. Kim nodded slowly and stood up from her seat, "Our hour is up Mr. Jung, see you tomorrow."

 

I stood up and put my jacket back on and bowed my head slightly, "Have a good day Dr. Kim."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

I walked out onto the balcony and put my hands on the rail. I stared out across the distance and smiled lightly at the sight. "Daehyun?" A soft voice spoke up and a girl walked beside me. I turned to her and smiled sweetly, wrapping my arms around her waist and giving her a soft hug. "Heaven." She smiled as she hugged me back and then looked up at the stars. "It's a beautiful night, nae?" I looked up as well and chuckled while nodding my head. "Heaven?" She glanced back at me then back up to the stars. "Does each star represent something?" She smiled a bit and nodded slowly. "Some mean more than others though." She noticed the scar on my forehead and saddened slightly as she gently traced it with her index finger. As she did this, my eye sight suddenly darkened then my eye sight was returned to me when she took her finger away. "Why does that happen?" She quirked an eyebrow at me. "Why does what happen?" "That," I pointed to my scar. "Every time it's touched, my eye sight will darken then it will return to light when it's not being touched. She bit her bottom lip and shrugged her shoulders slightly. "I don't know." I looked down a bit and sighed. "Life is such a mystery." She chuckled as she cupped my cheeks and gently kissed my scar. "It is."