Final

Love is Punishment

 

I can only hold my breath and watch you

I can only do that because I feel that you’ll shatter

 

He walked down along the empty seaside, the small waves brushing up against his ankles once in awhile. Shoving one hand into his Bermuda’s pocket, his other free hand picked up a thin lying tree branch before he continued walking aimlessly.

He threw a long, restless glance across the wide calm sea, in hopes of soothing his own troubled feelings. He listened intently as the birds flew around him, chirping noisily as they did so. He inhaled the fresh scent of sea breeze, yet nothing changed. He still felt empty.

He has been feeling lonely and empty ever since the day she left him.

It wasn’t like he hadn’t tried after that. He went to her house. He ran to her school. He searched the usual places she would go to. He kept asking around for her friends help; the feeling of tiredness and giving up all long gone.

He just wanted to find her.

But as though she didn’t even exist, she’s disappeared from the face of the Earth completely.

 And for the first time ever, Kim Myung Soo really felt like dying. He wanted to disappear forever too.

 

“When I’ve forgotten about you, really have no idea about your existence...you mustn’t come and find me, okay?”

 

Suddenly, he dropped to the ground on his two knees; his whole body collapsing in defeat. His two shoulders started jerking slowly at first, before it becomes even more violent with the rapid tears.

If he hadn’t left, things wouldn’t be like this now...

Burying his face into his two palms, Myung Soo cried his heart out for the lover that will never return. For the girl that has cruelly turned her back on him and left him without saying goodbye. For the girl that he has so much to make up to but now, all that was left was broken dreams and crashed hopes.

If he could turn back time, he would. If he could undo each and every single mistake that he did, he would.

Regrets. All that’s left now are regrets.

“Why are you crying?”

He lifted up his head slowly, his eyes travelling from the two feet up to the owner’s beautiful, fair-skinned features.

His mouth hung open slightly in surprise, his eyes widening in disbelief. Thinking that his eyes were playing a trick on him, he started to rub them together, hard. He would’ve carried on, if she hadn’t reached down and pulled them away carefully.

“Don’t. You’ll hurt yourself,” she spoke in a kind manner, giving him a small smile.

Still unable to believe who he was seeing, he started to stand up slowly, his gaze never leaving her face even for a second. He held on tightly to her, afraid that if he were to let go, she’ll leave him again for good.

“Y...you...” was all that he managed to say. He was too overwhelmed with emotions. He didn’t even know how he was supposed to react. If it was all just a dream or really reality.

“Hello,” she said softly. She didn’t even question why he was holding on to her so possessively. She wasn’t even trying to budge away. But her next sentence explains why. Her next few words told him why.

“I’m Ji Young.”

 

So I'm actually done with this. Wasn't really planning on writing a long story. This was just a random idea I thought of and well, it's meant not to make any sense xD Nonetheless, I still love these two so maybe if I have a better idea in the future, I might write another story for them :)

Thanks for reading guys <3