Chapter 1

For one second it was infinity

 

How they first met.

Sehun walked through the corridors of the school in a hurry. It was the first day of high school and just as always Sehun was 10 minutes too late. Casually late.

He finally arrived at school, but he still didn't look forward the new school year at all. He hated school even more than being at home. He hated being popular. He hated having all those girls around him all the time in school. But there wasn't much he could do about it. Besides he preferred being admired instead of being bullied. Sehun didn't care that much about his image, but since his parents did he had to take care of his. The last thing Sehun wanted was a preach about how important it is to have a good image.

Sehun stood still as he grabbed his IPhone out of his pocket. Cell phones in the building were strictly forbidden, but no one really cared about that stupid rule. Some teachers even texted in the building, so why couldn't they? He opened his contacts and went to the 'B'. He finally pressed on a certain name, 'Byun Baekhyun'. Baekhyun had been in the same class as him ever since the fist year of primary school. They used to be very close friends, but since last year, when Baekhyun attended the music-club at school, they didn't really hang out that much anymore. Baekhyun now had his own friends, and Sehun... well he had a bunch of screaming fan girls and a couple of guys who only wanted to be his friend to become popular.

At times Sehun really missed those best friend moments. But he knew than whenever he had a problem Baekhyun would still be there to help him out. Now he and Baekhyun were just two guys who could get along very well. They still said 'hi' to each other every day and still talked, but it was just different from how it used to be.

'In which room do we have math?' Sehun texted to him. Usually all the students are on time on the first day of school, so the teacher takes them to the right room in the morning. But Sehun thought school was a waste of time, so he always preferred staying at home a little longer. His parents would kill him if they knew.. But they would never find out. His father was a CEO, who runs the Samsung cooperation. Every day he left at 6 o' clock in the morning and came home at midnight. And his mother was the kind of woman who always went somewhere, she didn't have a job, she just went everywhere with her female friends, who were according to Sehun only her friends because of her money. 

Sehun could go everywhere he wanted to go, they would never find out. And the teachers would never complain about him being too late or leaving too early. He was the son of the people who invested tuns of money into the school.

Although Sehun never studied, he always got good grades. He was never the best of his class, but he could be if he studied. Baekhyun always envied him because of that.

Irritated Sehun checked his phone again, but there was no answer. 'Great' he thought and sighed. When he was about to leave again, since he was not planning to go to the secretariat, he bummed into someone. "I'm sorry." The other stuttered. From his accent Sehun could sense he wasn't Korean. Sehun couldn't help but think it was cute.

"It's okay. Did you get hu--" Sehun looked up to face him, but he already left. He looked to the ground again and saw a little notebook on the ground. 'It wasn't here before, right? It must be his." Sehun thought and quickly grabbed the notebook from the ground. He looked around, but he was gone. 'He must had been in a hurry' Sehun stated. His eyes went to the little book again. Sehun sighed deeply. 'What now?'

He unlocked his phone again when he heard the message sound. 'We're in classroom E102, you smart kid.'  It was from Baekhyun. Eventually he decided to attend school today, because who knows, maybe he would get the chance to return the notebook to the boy who bummed into him earlier. Maybe they would meet again. He hid the book inside his bag and put his phone into his pocket. He walked to his classroom and gave the door a soft knock.

"Come in!" He heard a familiar voice say. Sehun grabbed the nob and opened the door. "Excuse me for being late." Sehun apologized. Even though he didn't really feel sorry. He just thought starting the year with a bad attitude wouldn't be such a good idea.

Mr. Park nodded as a sign that it was okay and Sehun took place at the last desk on the right. All desks were for two and Sehun didn't even have to count to three when a girl took the seat next to him. He heard the other girls sob. He remembered the girl very well. She was the head of one of his fan clubs. Her name was Yuki, Sehun remembered. At school Sehun had 3 fan clubs and each had a person who was the 'boss'. There was even one of them where you had to pay membership fee. Yuki was part of that fandom, Sehun recognized her when he saw her 'part-of-the-fandom-badge. 

"Hi Sehun." She tried to stay cool. "Hi." Sehun answered, faking a smile. He hated being nice while he didn't feel like it. He hated acting all kind when he felt like pushing her away.

"How was summer?" She smiled widely back to him.

"Ms. Song, I'm terribly sorry to disturb your conversation with your neighbour, but could you please pay attention." Mr. Park hissed. Yuki glared at him angrily. Honestly Sehun was relieved the teacher told her to shut up.

A knock on the door was heard trough the classroom. Mr. park smiled widely. "That must be him!"

Everyone exchanged confused glares, except for Sehun, who was staring outside the window, totally lost in his own thoughts. They all wondered who the certain 'him' was. Mr. Park stood up opening the door widely.

 

It was Luhan's first day at his new school and he was terribly nervous. He felt everyone stare at him as he entered the classroom. He bowed to his new math teacher and stood still, examining his new classmates out of the corner of his eye.

"Everyone, welcome Luhan. He came all the way from China and will be part of our class this year." Mr. Park said. Luhan smiled shyly. Suddenly whispers were heard from everywhere. "He looks weird." He heard a girl say to another. "he's quite cute." The other girl replied. Luhan felt a bit awkward standing in front of the class while everyone was gossiping about him.

"Silence! If you want to ask him a question. Raise your hand" Mr. Park hissed. "You rascals." Luhan heard him add. A couple of hands raised and others just kept gossiping him, but this time he couldn't hear them. They didn't want detention anyway.

Mr. Park pointed at someone. "How old are you?" She asked. "I'm 18." Luhan stuttered. Because he was Chinese he got some learning difficulties because of the language. Even though his Korean wasn't that bad, the teacher thought it was a good idea to put him in the 10 th grade together with the 15 and 16-year-olds. Luhan didn't really mind. Besides he didn't even look 18. 

Everyone laughed, but Luhan couldn't understand why. Did he say it wrong? Did he make a grammar mistake? Is it because they didn't believe him? Luhan decided to let it go, since it didn't really matter.

Luhan wanted to sit in between the crowd of students, following the lesson peacefully. He didn't like standing in front of the class room. He didn't like all the attention nor answering the questions people asked him everyday ever  since he was in Korea. 

"What are your hobbies?" Another girl asked. Luhan scratched the back of his head, something he always did when he got nervous. "In China I used to play soccer." He said and a smile creeped up his face, thinking about his friends in China. He surely missed his friends a lot. 

Questions followed endlessly. There seemed to be no end to it when the students realized it was less boring than math. After a while Mr.Park started to get the picture that his students were just taking time. "You can take a seat now." He smiled at Luhan, who smiled relieved and sat himself down on a seat in the middle of the class, since it was the only seat left.

Class began, but Luhan didn't really pay attention. He was too busy with secretly watching the boy next to the window. He wondered who he was, what he was thinking about and why he was so quiet.

Luhan was examining his face when suddenly he felt someone poking his arm. He looked at the girl who was seated next to him. She had straight back hair, which she wore on shoulder length. Her face was very pale and her eyes were very big and clear. She looked at him and then to the table. Luhan followed her gaze and saw the pink paper she was holding. He noticed it was the same paper as her scrapbook, so she must have ripped it out of it. 

Luhan slightly smiled to her when he took the little paper. 'Hi :) My name is Kyung Mi~ Nice to meet you ^~^' he read. Her handwriting was obviously feminine. It was catered and elegant. Luhan grabbed his pen and started to write. 'Hi! Nice to meet you ;)' Luhan thought it wasn't such a bad idea to make some friends. Besides Kyung Mi really seemed to be a cheerful girl. 

Kyung Mi was different from most girls at school. She wasn't a member of any 'Sehun' fandom. Actually she didn't like him at all. She wasn't interested in him and didn't understand what was so great about him at all.

"Do you like Korea?" She whispered to him when Mr Park turned his back. "It's quite nice." Luhan said, not really knowing what to answer. She then grabbed the pink piece of paper again and started to draw. But Luhan looked over his shoulder again, looking at the certain boy next to the window. Sehun his lips while looking outside the window, causing Luhan to bite on his bottom lip automatically.

Kyung Mi poked him again and he quickly turned around. He looked at the paper onto his desk and bursted out laughing, loud enough for everyone to hear. All eyes were on him now and he started to sweat because of all the unexpected attention. Even Sehun was looking at him. He was surprised because he didn't even notice Luhan was part of his class.

Mr. Park stood still but eventually turned to the blackboard again. He didn't want to give the kid extra homework from the very first day. Also he wanted Luhan to get some friends, so he would see it trough the fingers this time.

Luhan looked at Kyung Mi and they both smiled. Then Luhan looked back at the drawing she made of Mr. park. He was very lucky he didn't snatch it away. Luhan grabbed the paper and put it in his pocket before anyone else could see.

"Who's that guy at the window?" Luhan eventually asked Kyung Mi. She frowned her eyebrows lightly. "The one with the brown hair? Next to  Yuki?" She questioned.

Luhan nodded even though he didn't know who Yuki was. He just knew she was taking about the person he meant, since she was looking at the boy now too.

"His name is Sehun. Oh Sehun. He's the most popular boy at school." She told him. She didn't really understand why he wondered about the boy, but answered his question anyways and didn't really pay much attention to Sehun anymore.

"Oh Sehun." Luhan repeated whispering. He was happy he knew now. He liked the sound of his name. 'Oh Sehun' he repeated into his mind and smiled. 

"Do you like him?" Luhan asked, trying to get to know more about Oh Sehun in a subtle way.

She shook her head immediately, like she didn't even have to think about it. She didn't like Sehun. Not at all. Sehun would be the last person she would talk to. Luhan wondered why she didn't like him? Wasn't Sehun a nice guy? Was he just one of these jerks? Because Luhan knew there were lots of s out there.

 

Sehun's eyes went to the new kid as he thought back about the boy from this morning. Could it be him? It could be... But wouldn't that be to coicidental? He didn't even hear his voice yet, since he wasn't really paying attention. Luhan looked over his shoulder again, but quickly turned back to the front when he noticed Sehun was looking at him. Both teens felt their head heating up. Sehun looked back at his table. 'Awkward...' He thought. 

Suddenly the bell rang and all the students made their bags. Talking from everywhere was heard, leavening Mr. Park no other possibility but raise his voice. "Silence! You bunch of wild animals." The last part was muttered, but still loud enough for everyone to hear. "Ms. Kim?" Luhan thought it was quite irritating he always used surnames as salutation. It was already difficult enough to remember all those first names. Strangely he never called him Mr. Lu. Not that Luhan really minded...

"Yes?" Kyung Mi answered surprised. "Can you help Luhan with finding his way in the school?" Kyung Mi nodded. She was one year older than the others, and didn't succeed because of her home situation. She went to school for half a year, but after the accident she couldn't come to school anymore for the rest of the year. High school was for everyone a new start. For her it was nothing new. She grabbed Luhan by the arm and walked to to their next class.

'So Luhan is his name...' Sehun thought. He wanted to ask Luhan if it was his notebook he found this morning, but there was already a swarm of fangirls gathering around him. He faked a smile to them all and they all started to giggle saying things like: "Omo! Oppa is so handsome!" "Oppaaaaa!" "Saranghae~" "Oppa, do you remember me?"

The first day of school flew by just like that. Sehun's fans wouldn't leave him the whole day long, but still he stayed at school. He didn't really understand why. Maybe he just wanted to ask Luhan about the notebook... where he didn't really got the chance to. Or maybe, just maybe, there was something special about the new kid... Something fascinating Sehun wanted to know more about.

 

۵۵۵۵

 

Once he and Kyung-Mi said their goodbyes, Luhan headed back home. Unlike Luhan, Sehun got picked up by his personal driver. While walking home, Luhan remembered the scene of Sehun and all those screaming girls. He remembered how a couple of strong men in suits had to hold them back so Sehun could enter his car. Somehow Luhan felt pity for Sehun. Also it upsetted him in a way. He wanted to get to know that Oh Sehun everyone was so fascinated about. But how? How could he get close to him? How in the world could he get trough that bunch of fangirls? And there besides, Sehun had his hands full with these girls.

Luhan sighed and stomped in the air. He hoped things would go smoothly when he transferred to Korea, but things weren't. And not only at school, but also at home. He grabbed for his home keys when he finally reached his house. It wasn't big, but it was livable, which was more important than its cosiness. When he opened the door a young girl came running towards him, swaying her arms around his neck.

With all his strength Luhan lifted her up. "Luhen!" She laughed playfully. For some reason she could never pronounce Luhan's name properly. "How was your first day of school, Lin?" He asked her in Chinese. Lin was his 5 year old sister. She was quite small for her age but had a strong personality. According to Luhan, Lin was the cutest thing ever, but could be an irritating brat as well.

"It was fun!" She cheered lifting her hands in the air. "Keep it like that." Luhan said patting her head with one hand. "They learned me how to count to five in Korean!" Luhan's eyes widened surprised. "Really?" He asked surprised. "Yes! Listen!" She lifted her left hand in front of her face and started to count. "Il, i, sam, ..." She stopped at four frowning her eyebrows and Luhan couldn't help but smile at her cuteness.

"Sa, o." Luhan told her after a while. "I knew it!" She yelled. Luhan laughed putting her down. "Luhan is going to study now, okay." He said talking in third person, something he did often towards Lin. "Okay." She pouted.

He greeted his mom, who was stitching toys, and went upstairs. Three years ago his father died due to lung cancer and Luhan and his family have had financial problems ever since. His mother couldn't find a job easily, because of her hernia, so that's why she was stuck with side jobs. But times had been worse. Now that Luhan was older, he also had some side jobs, so he and his mother and sister could get by.

When Luhan reached his room he threw himself with backpack and all on the bed. All he wanted was sleep, but he still had some homework to do before he could. And also, Luhan had to go to work today. Sleeping wasn't an option, at least not in the coming 6 hours. Luhan sat straight up on his bed, pulling his bagpack off his back. He placed the bag on his legs, opening it's zipper in a rush. He searched through his books and ended up looking around in his room. "My notebook..." He stuttered.

Then all of sudden he rememebered he crashed into someone that morining, when he was searching for his classroom. He did carry it in his hands back then... Could it be that he dropped it when he bumped into that certain peron? Would he have noticed it? Would he have taken it from the floor? Was he planning to give it back to him? Luhan sighed by the feeling of being an idiot. He felt so stupid.

Because he was in such a hurry back then, he didn't even see that certain person's face. He did remeber his shoes though. "Expensive brown loafers.' Luhan recalled. 'He must have been rich...' He thought. Luhan was worried. Who was that certain person that possibly could have his notebook? There again he sighted, facepalming himself right away. How stupid could he have been to drop it.

But what Luhan didn't know was that that certain someone, was not just 'someone'. It was his classmate, the boy who Luhan was attracted to. The one who was so unreachable. 'The' Oh Sehun had his notebook.

The notebook contained his workschedule, timetable and other important notes. Even though the notebook was quite important, it didn't really play around in Luhan's mind for the rest of the day. All he could think of was Oh Sehun. Oh Sehun, the silent guy next to the window. Lost in his own thoughts.

 


Author's note:

Hi reader! So this was the first chapter! Hope you liked it a bit~ What are your thoughts about it? Please let me know! Thank you for supporting our story ^~^

- Panda4ev3r

Lu Lin:


She's so cute!