Chapter 10

Everything Happens for a Reason

It was already 10AM when Ga Eul woke up. She has a headache because of the last night’s session with Yi Jeong’s brothers. She refreshened herself. As she went to his room’s door, she remembered that it was Saturday and no work so she decided to go downstairs. She saw sunbaes who were deeply asleep and she saw his mother on the kitchen.

“Good Morning.”

“Good Morning, too Ga Eul.”

“What’s that Mrs. So?”

“Don’t call me Mrs. So. Just call me Eomma.”

“Eo..Eo…Eomma?”

“Ne. Because you are my soon-to-be-daughter and besides I love having a daughter even if not biologically.”

Ga Eul had a deep thought about what she said but getting back her senses as she smelled the aroma of the woman’s soup.

“Nah...You are good in cooking, eomma.”

“Thanks.”

“But Yi Jeong didn’t inherit that trait.”

“Wow, I think you know my son thoroughly.”

Ga Eul only nodded.

“Do you like a hang-over soup?”

“Yup. Thanks eomma.”

Mrs. So sat beside her.

“Can I ask you some questions?”

“What’s that eomma?”

Yi Jeong was just standing beside the wall and behind the girls and he decided to listen to their girl talk.

“Ahmm…how long is your relationship from now?”

Ga Eul thought a good answer. She remembered that Yi Jeong only promised a year ago.

“Ahh…about five months…”though we only met for about a week now, I need to do a white lie, she thought.

“Ohh…that was a long one.”

“Nope, for the both of us it’s not because he is my first boyfriend and me is his first also.”

“Yah…You’re right…ahmmm…can you tell me your love story?”

Ga eul thought a good story but ended to the real one.

“I’m sorry Eomma but I’m suffering from memory loss because of an accident. I met him at the hospital because Ms. Lee said that she was the one who bumped my car. At first he was so unkind to me. I am also his personal assistant. But as the time goes by, every moment that I’m with him, I felt that my life was already complete and not thinking about my past. I thanked him because he made me always happy.”

“So you are her ex-assistant?”

“Nope, I decided to be his assistant forever that I’m alive.”

As Yi Jeong heard the statements, his heart beat fast and his mind always said that the girl’s story was true.

“Ohh...What a good story. And how about your past life, did you already remember them?”

“Aniyo.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Good morning Eomma, also to you Ga Eul-ah” as Yi Jeong entered the kitchen. He kissed his mother on the forehead and Ga Eul on cheek. They were both blushed but they seemed it to be oblivious because they need to pretend as true.

“Yi Jeong-ah, do you like soup?” as Ga Eul asked him.

He just nodded. Mrs. So gave him a soup but he just pointed his opened mouth with his fingers.

“Yi Jeong-ah what’s that? Don’t mean that you want me to feed you?”

He just nodded with smile.

“Okay…here’s come the fairy…mmmm.” as Ga Eul fed the guy.

“Is it good?”

“Ne.”

“Of course, because it was made by your mother.”

As Yi Jeong was fed by Ga Eul, Mrs. So cried.

“Eomma, why are you crying?” The two asked

“Because, my young boy already found his girl now I will live alone.”

“Eomma, it’s not. As your child I will not leave you. I’m just having a new life with your new daughter.” 

“Don’t be sad eomma, as you having your new grandchildren you can say that those are your son.”

“Grandchildren….uh uh uh.”

“Eomma don’t cry.”

After a moment, his brothers already awakened and the boys decided to clean the house.

“Yi Jeong, may I borrow Ga Eul. We just go to the supermarket.”

“Of course, eomma. But be sure that you will bring her back to me.”

As Ga Eul heard that, her cheeks turned red and felt that her heart beats faster.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the two girls have their shopping, Mrs. So asked Ga Eul for some favors.

“What’s that eomma?”

“Ahmm..I think you know that Yi Jeong doesn’t know some household chores.”

“Ne, I know it.”

“Please, before you got married, teach him some of it.”

“Before getting married!!?”

“I know that you would be the first and last girlfriend of my son. Mothers always right to their instincts.”

“ahhh…hehehe…okay, I will teach him.”

“For sure, I will give you only a month to accomplish that.”

“Only a month!?,, eomma wait, Yi Jeong has his filming starting Monday. I think he will be tired so I don’t sure if I can.”

“No, you can do it.”

“I will try.”

“Second would be. His father, your appa mailed me after 23 years of waiting.”

Ga Eul remembered when Yi Jeong told her about his father.

“Congrats eomma. I know that you are so happy. What did he say?”

“Next month, he will come back here in Korea because his business was already done.”

“So what can I do for you eomma?”

“ahmm…I don’t know if Yi Jeong want to see him in spite that he didn’t see his father since he was a child.”

“Do you want me to ask him?”

“Can you?”

“Ne, but what if he doesn’t like?”

“Can you please him to see his father?”

“I try, eomma, I will do it for you, for your husband and for him.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We’re back!!!” Ga Eul welcomed the sunbaes and of course Yi Jeong that gave her a peck on her right cheek.