Chapter 9

Everything Happens for a Reason

(Yi Jeong’s car)

 

“Oh, I think your fans are already go home?”

“I think so. You don’t have any cramps?”

“Thanks God I don’t have?”

“Why? I think you must have.”

“Because not all of the cycle, the girls must have cramps, understand?”

“Ne.”

“Why did you know those things anyway?”

“Of course, I have my mother. As I remembered, when she has her cycle, she always stays on her room and because of pain.”

“Ahh…so your father is always there for your mom?”

“I didn’t see my father yet. My mother said that our father left us and went to U.S. because he must handle his business but when he was there, until now, no replies to my mother’s mails.”

“Ohh… I’m sorry for that.”

“Nope, it’s okay. You know you are the only girl who knows a lot of me. On their e-mails, they used to say that I’m perfect, I’m a prince, and I’m complete.”

“But the real is not. Nobody in the world was made perfectly.”

“Ne, you’re right.”

“So, what dishes do you like to eat for dinner?”

“I think I want some spicy seafood noodles.”

“Noodles again?”

“Why?”

“Evan if you have your assistant that can cook a good food for you, you want to have noodles as your meal.”

“Ne. I love noodles. Even if they are very simple at the first glance but they have their real goodness when you taste it.”

“ahhh… so that’s only the reason?”

“Ani, you’re right when you said that I can’t cook.”

“Yi Jeong-ah, ahmm…you’re grade now is 20%.”

“20%?”

“Yes, because you helped me but you made me angry, too.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

As the two arrived in their house, he opened the door and there were people inside.

“Yi Jeong-ah” as his moter greeted him with a hug.

“Bro, what’s up?” as his two brothers asked with a smile.

“As usual, I am still busy and I’m gonna have my new project.”

After a few seconds of silence….

“Ahmm, who’s that girl? Is she your girlfriend? Ooh, welcome to our family.” As the three welcomed Ga Eul. Yi Jeong wanted to protest but he can’t. Ga Eul was busy listening to three that were describing him to her.

“Yi Jeong-ah, we have bought some pizzas and drinks.” As his elder brother hold a box of pizza.

“Aah, you go first, Ahmm… I need to talk to Ga…to my girlfriend because I know she was shocked about your unexpected arrival.” as Yi Jeong grabbed the hand of Ga Eul and went upstairs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What did you say…’my girlfriend’?”

“I’m sorry but I need to do that.”

“Why? May you explain it to me?”

“Because last year before they went to China, I promised that when they come back, I will have my girl and I didn’t expect that they will arrive tonight.”

“And you promised so you must do that.”

“But unfortunately, you are the girl that they saw with me.”

“So…”

“So I need you.”

“What???”

“I need you to pretend as my girlfriend.”

“Ani…I don’t like.”

“But I’m begging you, please. I don’t want Eomma to get angry of me.”

“Okay. Be thankful for the word ‘please’”

“So you will help me?”

“Ne. but what’s the deal?”

“Ahmm…you will have your weekly salary and day-off on Sundays.”

“Until when we need to pretend?”

“That’s the thing that I’m not sure.”

They went downstairs then Yi Jeong introduced Ga Eul to his family.

“Ga Eul-ah, she’s my mother, So Yi Jye: my Brothers, Jeong Hwa and Jeong Su. Guys, meet my girl, Chu Ga Eul.”

After three hours….

His mother got sleep early but the youngsters still have their drinking session.

“You’re so pretty Ga Eul…. I don’t know how you were lasted a relationship with my brother our youngest sibling.” as Jeong Hwa asked.

“Ga Eul, have a shot.” Jeong Su offered the can of beer.

“No, I don’t drink beer.” Ga Eul rejected.

“Just one can, please. Do it for our dongsaeng.” As the two handed a can of beer to her.

She took it and looked straightly at Yi Jeong. He nodded not to drink but she continued.

Until Yi Jeong fall asleep and only three of them still awake.

“Ga*Eul*, as the new* member of the family***, with her 7th can of beer***.” Jeong Hwa said while Jung Su applaused.

“You,***two are so**unfair*, I will have my seventh*** but both of you*** only drunk five***, That was too unfair***.”

“Okay**I think we both***better have our sixth***.” as they both drunk beer.

But suddenly, Ga Eul shocked as she realized that the two sunbaes were already asleep.

“Ahhh***…You’re***so**unfair…” Ga Eul’s last words before her head landed to Yi Jeong’s shoulder.

After a moment, Yi Jeong lifted Ga Eul to her bed. She asked why he did that and she all knows that he was already asleep. “Ne, though you are so noisy but I don’t want that you will sleep on the couch. Sleeping there will make your body painful tomorrow.” Yi Jeong replied and went to his own room. It was already two in the morning.