Squishy is Scary

Caffeine

Months passed and before I knew it, Kyungsoo and I are inseparable. I would wait for him at the school gate and when he arrived, we would walk together to our lockers. I always walked him to his class no matter how many times he refused. I kept insisting so he kinda gave up. During recess, we would sit together, eating the foods he brought.

 

Kyungsoo hyung is really a good cook.

His kimchi spaghetti is the best!

Have you ever feel like wanting to faint because the food you eat is so delicious?

That’s what I feel everytime.

 

I learnt a lot about him. One thing that I found really cute about him, he rarely smiles but when he does, his lips become a heart shape. That was why I love it when he smiles. He’s breathtaking.

 

---

 

“Hyung!” I pushed myself off the wall and ran to him. He chuckled then smiled brightly. I couldn’t help but to smile back and enveloped him into a hug then swirled him around. “Yah! What are you doing?! Put me down this instant!” I giggled and put him down before leaning to peck his cheek. I felt a powerful rush of emotions as my lips made contact with his cheek.

 

“KIM ING JONGIN, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!”

 

I ran for my life as soon as possible because I didn’t want him to be charged with murder. And wow he really looked like he wanted to hit me to death. I guess I shouldn’t have done that.

 

But then again, I’m not regretting anything.

It felt so… right.

 

I finally arrived to my locker safely. Gosh, that adorable and innocent-looking boy named Do Kyungsoo might seems cute and squishy but man, he is actually really scary. Opening the locker, I took out a few of my stuffs and shoved it into my bag. Shutting it, I turned around just to find Kyungsoo grinned devilishly at me. I screamed in terror when I saw him because who knows what he could’ve done to me at that moment. Feeling weak on my knees, I just collapsed on the floor. But he acted like nothing was wrong and continued to open his own locker. I just gaped at him, silently watching him shoving his books into his bag. After I mentally slapped myself, I realized I should run away from him. I stood up and started moving my feet backwards, slowly backing away from him but he noticed it. I shrieked like a banshee when he suddenly held my wrist.

 

“OH NO NO NO NO NO! DONT TOUCH ME!” I yelled, struggling to free my hand from him. I thought he wasn’t strong but I was wrong, I was dead wrong. “DON’T GET NEAR ME, YOU EVIL PIECE OF !” My heart sunk when I saw his grin getting wider. “HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEE!”

 

“Jongin?” Sehun came at the right time. I desperately begged him to free me from Kyungsoo but he was clueless. He didn’t understand all those eye signals I sent to him. He cackled with laughter at the sight and I wished I could hit his face with a baseball bat.

 

I glared at him whilst struggling to get near him to rip his head apart. “STOP LAUGHING AND HELP ME GET AWAY FROM THIS SPAWN OF SATAN!” I screamed and that brought Sehun back to his senses but he just stood frozen, staring at Kyungsoo with a terrified look on his face. “Don’t. Move. A. Muscle.” Kyungsoo warned Sehun and he obediently acquiesced.

 

Suddenly I felt a grip on my hair and my head was being shaken violently. I didn’t even have to look up to see who did that. That was Kyungsoo, for sure. When he finally walked away, I fake sobbing and made a dying whale sound.

 

“He’s a terrorist.” Sehun commented.

“And you’re an .” I weakly said to him.

 

Sehun cocked his eyebrows and I whined, “You didn’t help me just now!” He widened his eyes in surprise and replied, “Are you crazy?! I don’t want to get killed!” Sehun ended up laughing again and I sighed before making my way to my class, ignoring Sehun at the back.

 

---

 

The bell rang, indicating it was recess time. I sat with Sehun and Chanyeol instead of Kyungsoo. Speaking of Kyungsoo, he came into the café and sat at our usual table. His gaze scanned the café, probably looking for me. When our gazes met, he smiled sweetly and gestured for me to sit with him. “Hey, he’s asking you to sit there.” Chanyeol spoke and I shook my head, refusing to do so. Sehun rolled his eyes and pushed me out of my seat.

 

“Go Jongin!” Chanyeol cried, pumping his fist in the air with enthusiasm. “Yeah, go Jongin.” Sehun repeated the same sentence but with emotionless tone in his voice.

 

I left my stuffs with Chanyeol and Sehun just in case I might run back to them after sitting with Kyungsoo. “Uhh, hi.” I smiled awkwardly at Kyungsoo, still feeling terrified. “Hi! I made sandwiches and kimchi spaghetti! Have some!” Kyungsoo chirped happily. Wow he’s really bipolar. I took some of the sandwiches reluctantly because I didn’t plan to eat with him but my stomach betrayed me. I was really hungry at that time so I ate the kimchi spaghetti he prepared.

 

I didn’t realize I had a little smidgen of sauce on my lips. I figured out I had it when Kyungsoo suddenly leaned forward, brought up a napkin and wiped it away. My eyes widened at his action and I could hear Chanyeol cheering “Jongin! Jongin! Jongin!” from his table. I watched Chanyeol in horror as he shamelessly jumped up and down. I wished Sehun would yank him down but Sehun was too busy staring at Luhan who was engrossed in a conversation with Baekhyun. Sehun never stared at anyone before. This is new.

 

What’s with everyone today?

 

 

---

 

Author’s note

 

What. Am. I. Writing.