Do Kyungsoo

Caffeine

“W-what?” His eyes widen and he stuttered. “H-how did you f-find out my n-name?”

 

“I don’t know? I kinda figured it out?” I replied, feeling as confused as him. I want to tell him about the memory that ran through my mind a while ago but he might feel uncomfortable and think that I’m a freak so I just keep it to myself. “Kyungsoo hyung. Hyung hyung hyungggg." I playfully called him and our gaze met.

 

"I said it before and I’m going to say it again, in case you didn’t hear me the other day. I’m Kim Jongin.” Kyungsoo bit his lower lip, his gaze shifted to the piano and he muttered a simple “Oh.”

 

I tried to make the atmosphere cheerful because it was so plain and awkward. “You’re really good at playing the piano! And you sing well too! I’m amazed!” I sincerely told him. He smiled and ohmygod that heart-shaped smile CAN YOU NOT. I literally squealed inside and had to suppress the urge to pinch his cheeks.

 

“Can you play another song for me?”

“Sure.”

 

He started by pressing the piano keys. It sounded like a cute song and somehow I felt like I knew that song.

 

“Cheotnun oneun ireon ohue,
Neoege jeonhwareul geol suman, itdamyeon gippeul tende.”

 

Another memory flashed into my mind as he sang; a snowy afternoon in December. And I continued to sing the next verse quietly.

 

“Beolsseo illyeoni jinanneunde nan ajik miryeon gadeukhaeseo,
Sseulsseulhae, eoneusae honjatmal.”

 

Kyungsoo stopped playing and he stared at me in horror. He seemed like he was in shock. Well I guess I was right because a moment later he asked me how I did I know the lyrics. I shrugged my shoulders and told him, “The lyrics were kinda um sorta come out of my mouth?” I awkwardly laughed it off when I didn’t get any response from him. “I.. I wrote the song myself, with the help of someone. Someone important…” He looked like he was about to cry so I panicked. “I- I don’t know what to say. I hope you feel better.” I said as I hugged him. He stayed frozen on his spot and I pulled away instantly.

 

“I- I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to-” I didn’t even finish my sentence when he suddenly pulled me into a hug. I blinked my eyes several times, trying to process what just happened. “It’s okay, I needed one anyway.” He hugged tighter. I rubbed circles at his back and told him, “If you ever need someone, I’m here for you.” He nodded.

 

I don’t know but it felt so right having him in my arms. I just- I don’t wanna let go. It felt like Kyungsoo deserves all of my attentions.

 

“How are you feeling now?” I asked with concerns while looking down at him. He let go of me and damn I missed his warmth already. “Much better. Thankyou.”

 

I cupped his cheeks and leaned closer, “I don’t want to see you sad.”

 

He pushed my forehead away and jokingly said, “Yah, don’t touch me. I’m not a public property.” I raised an eyebrow and nonchalantly replied, “Says the person who hugged me just now.”

 

“Hey, you hugged me first!”

“But I pulled away and then you hugged me!”

“But you didn’t pulled away the second time!”

“I know you didn’t want me to.”

“Oh shut up Jongin!”

“I win! Loser!”

 

I ended up getting smacked.

 

---

 

Author’s Note

                Sacrificing my bedtime again. Blerghhhhh. I hope you guys enjoyed the update although it’s REALLY short.