First Conversation

Caffeine

I was just walking home when I saw a petite figure sitting on the side of the road with his head hung low. I thought he was um you know just sitting down there, appreciating the beauty of nature- I mean road- and cars- and building, okay whatever. I figured out that boy was hurt when I saw his bruised elbow and his jeans was torn at his knee. I rushed to him but then I stopped.

 

 

It’s him.

 

 

I gaped for a while before snapping out of the daze and realized I should help the injured boy. I approached him from his side and asked, “Hey, are you okay?”

 

 

“No, I’m not-” His adorable eyes widen when he looked up to me and he suddenly stuttered, “I- I mean, I’m okay. I’m completely fine. Don’t worry.”

 

 

Although he said he was fine, I’m not convinced so I decided to help him. I took his right hand and put it on my shoulders and I held him by his waist with my left arm. “We’re schoolmates, right? You’re my senior, aren’t you? I always see you at school. You hang out with Baekhyun and Luhan the most. What’s your name?” I could see he turned red when I glanced to see his face so I thought maybe he had a fever. “Are you sick? Do you want me to take you to the clinic?”

 

 

He didn’t answer all of my questions. I really wanted to help him but he swatted me away. “Thank you but I can do it myself.” He said and limped away.

 

“Hey atleast tell me your name!”

 

“See you at school!”

 

“I’m Kim Jongin by the way!”

 

I doubted he heard my name. He was quite fast for someone who hurt his leg. It was disappointing that it seems like he was avoiding me.

 

Well if we look on the bright side, I got to talk to him. That’s better than nothing, right?

 

There was something about him that makes me want to know about him more. Maybe his adorable eyes, maybe his cute nose, maybe his heart-shaped lips or maybe his frail figure that makes me want to hold him close and never let go.

 

Or maybe the way I got anxious whenever I saw him in school.

 

Or maybe.

Just maybe.

 

The way I couldn’t sleep at night whenever I thought of him before bed.

 

 

He seems so fragile that I wanted to protect him from anyone or anything that could possibly hurt him.

 

 

What is this feeling?

 

---

 

Author’s Note

Hello everyone! This is the first chapter for Caffeine. I hope you enjoyed reading it. There’s not much KaiSoo in this chapter though. We still have a longggg way to go so yeah, bear with me.

Topic aside!

Thankyou to those who subscribed to this story. I freakin’ love you guys! 

See you in the next chapter! <3