1/1

A Ride Into Eternity

Finale

 

 

“Have fun sweetie! Be good.” Was the last thing that his mother said to him before she sent him here.The brunette sighed.

“But Mom! I don’t want to go to summer camp!” the seventeen year-old boy pouted cutely as his mother’s back facing him. “Nonsense. Last time I checked you always in your room doing useless stuff every summer. It’s time you go out for some fresh air.” She aid without glancing at her son, too busy washing the dishes. She can barely hear her son muttering a “Fairy Tail isn’t useless.” Which, make her stifle a chuckle. She put the plate she was holding and dry her hands. She turned to her pouty son and gave him a smile, making her baby-face face looking even younger. She’s 45 just saying. She motion her son to come closer, which he did, and gave him a hug.

“Look, I know you don’t want to go,” her fingers carefully her son’s soft strands, “But I’m doing this for your own good, okay? And besides,” She pulled back slightly from the hug to see her son’s handsome face. “You’ll have fun. Plus, maybe you would bring another boy home with you.” She with a mischievous look in her eyes. Minseok blushes and nudged his mother playfully.

                After a few minutes of debating whether he should make a run for it or not, with a heavy sigh he reluctantly move his legs. A big wooden sign that reads, “CAMP TWO MOONS” was infront of him and there was many other teenagers and families too.

                This is the first time Minseok ever go to summer camp. To top it off, an all boys camp. A tap on the shoulder caught Minseok attention as he quickly turn around and was greeted by a pair of big eyes and heart-shaped lips. The boy has black hair and he was about Minseok’s height. His face looked like he’s still 8 or something but Minseok knew better than judge a book by its cover. “Hello.” The doe-eyed boy greeted him with his full lips tug upwards forming a smile. Minseok gave him his infamous crooked smile and greeted back the boy. “Hi.”

                The latter seemed pleased at his response, looking how his smile turned brighter and his eyes turning into small crescents. He hand out his hand towards Minseok. “I’m Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo.” Minseok reached out for his hand and smiled as brightly as Kyungsoo, happy he made one friend already. “I’m Minseok, uh Kim Minseok.” He replied.

                “I’m guessing you’re new here?”

                The elder nods. “Yeah.. I am.”

Kyungsoo smiles at him once again before offering him if he want him to show Minseok around. Minseok just nods at him and follows his tour guide. The two teens went to the cabins first. They talked all the way and when Kyungsoo asked how old is he, Minseok laughed at the younger’s surprised face when he tells  that Minseok is older than him. “Seriously??! But you look so young!” Minseok chuckled. “Thank you.” Minseok then asked about the other’s age and got surprised as well when he told him he was just one year younger than him.

They walked pass the cabins as Kyungsoo explains. “We only have 7 cabins here. The first one has Kris as the counselor. He has that -face that everyone scared of but for me he looks like one of those big weird looking angrybirds.” Kyungsoo puts both of his index finger on his brows and tip it slightly and puffed his cheeks out making him the one who looks like an angry bird that make Minseok laugh. Kyungsoo smiled at him and continue their tour.

Kyungsoo told him he can be in his cabin. “There’s only three of us.” He said with a shrug. When they walked in to Kyungsoo’s –their cabin, a loud –not to mention girly scream erupted from the upper bunk of one of the beds.

“What the , Jongin! Get off of me!”

“No way, I was here first!”

“No, I was! Now, off you brat!”

“No!”

Kyungsoo coughed loudly to grab their attention. The bickering was no longer there and two heads popped up. “Kyungie!!!” one of them that has brown honey hair jump down from the bunk and ran to his doe-eyed friend and giving him a really tight hug. “H-hyung.. can’t.. breathe..” to his relief, the older reluctantly let go of Kyungsoo. The honey boy have eyes that are big but not that big as Kyungsoo. If this was an all gender camp, he might mistaken the boy as a girl. The way he talked –or rather, bickering at the other earlier was clear to Minseok that he isn’t Korean. Minseok see the other boy, who has dark brown hair and rather tall height walking towards them. His skin is rather dark for normal people in this country. “Hyung,” the boy sounded kind of breathless as he stared at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo shift his attention to the tan boy and gave him a bright smile. “Jongin! Hey! Long time no see.” Jongin only gave him a half-hearted smile. Minseok was a little confused by his attitude –compare him now and a few minutes ago, fighting over a bunk –but he just shrugged it off. The honey haired boy turned his gaze to Minseok which the latter was caught off-guard by his beautiful fairy liked face. His heart skipped a beat at his stare.

“Hey Kyungie, you didn’t introduce your little friend to us.” He said while giving Minseok a knowing smile which Minseok doesn’t really understand. “Oh, right. Guys, meet Minseok-hyung!” Minseok gave both of them a smile and slightly bowed. The first one to react is the honey haired boy, handing his hand out while giving Minseok a warm smile. “Nice to meet you Minseok. I’m Luhan.” Minseok felt kind of déjà vu and reached Luhan’s hand while smiling back at him. “Nice to meet you Luhan.”

“I’m Jongin.” Minseok smiled at Jongin and nodded. “Nice to meet you Jongin.” Jongin just smiled back. “Hey, you guys wouldn’t mind if Minseok stay in our cabin right? Apparently, he’s new here.” Kyungsoo said. “Oh! Of course not! I wouldn’t mind if a guy as cute as him stayed here.” Luhan said which made the said boy blushed. While Jongin only shrugged and reply, “Sure. There’s only three of us anyway.”

The campers were gathered in the field somewhere beside the cafeteria and a tall man that looked like an angry bird talked in front standing with a megaphone while the campers sat down cross-legged. That must be Kris Minseok thought as he muffled his laugh.

They had lunch after that and before Minseok could think where should he sit, he was already dragged by a brown honey haired boy somewhere. They sit somewhere at the corner with Kyungsoo, Jongin and other people to his dismay. “Hey Guys, meet Minseok! He’s new here.” Luhan said. A boy who as almost pretty as Luhan smiled at him. “I’m Baekhyun.” Minseok nodded and smiled back, saying another “Nice to meet you.” To the cute boy. Besides him was seemed rather mysterious and scary. But as the boy smiled brightly at Minseok, he changed his opinion about the raven haired boy. He looks like a cute panda now. “Ah, uhm I’m Tao.” The boy said. Like Luhan, he can hear his accent which Minseok finally realized. “Nice to meet you Tao.” Minseok said in Chinese. The boys was surprised all right. All wide eyes and mouths hanging open. Minseok laughed at them. “You speak Chinese??!” Luhan was the first who to asked. Minseok nodded and then explained that he once lived in Chinese for two years because of his father work.

Time flies when you’re having fun and Minseok is already tired from all the activities he did today. When It’s time for everyone to sleep, Minseok immediately throw himself on to his bunk, ignoring Luhan’s and Jongin’s bickering  on which one who gets the top bunk.

Minseok wakes up at 3 which is too early in the morning. He began stretching his limbs and stop midway when he saw Jongin shift in his sleep. I guess Luhan won yesterday. “Minseok?” the said boy look upwards and saw Luhan sleepy face. “Why aren’t you sleeping?” he asked while rubbing his eyes with his knuckles rather cutely. Minseok smiled at the sight. “Uhm, Bathroom.” He lies. “Sorry, i waked you up.” Luhan shook his head and smiled at the chubby one. “Nah. Don’t worry about it.”

Today they would go swimming at the lake and Minseok doesn’t understand why is 5 in the morning is a good time to swim. Luhan laughed at him and nudge him. “C’mon, it’ll be fun.” And with that, he was dragged once again by the younger to change. Minseok grab his swimming trunks and a baggy worn out t-shirt from his suitcase and puts them on. Luhan is still searching his trunks while throwing other stuffs that he didn’t need on Jongin’s bunk. When Luhan turns around and sees Minseok’s attire, he gave him a look which made Minseok squirm. “Why are you wearing that? You don’t have to you know, since we’re all guys.” Minseok bites his lower lip and nodded. Reluctantly throw his shirt over his head and put it back in his case.

Luhan was staring at him when he turns back to face him. His eyes was scanning Minseok from head to toe and Minseok couldn’t help blushing at his intense stare. “Uhh is there something wrong?” Luhan eyes suddenly widens and quickly avert his eyes from Minseok’s milky skin. “Ehm. Uh, no. Nothing.”

They went to the lake together and Luhan being Luhan, immediately run towards it and does a flip before his body finally touched the cold water. Minseok laughed at him and followed him in to the water. The water was cold –freezing in fact, but Luhan’s playfulness and laughter made Minseok warm. So does Minseok’s teasing and smiles to Luhan. Weirdly enough, they’ve already gotten used to each other’s presence.

When lunch time comes, the six of them sat together like last time. Baekhyun was rambling about how handsome Kris is while Kyungsoo snorts, saying that Baekhyun needs to get his eyes check. Minseok was eating his food happily until a spoonful of food was shoved in front of him. “Minseok, aahh~” Minseok glanced at Luhan before reluctantly opening his mouth. Luhan smiled as he fed his little blushing bun. “Awwww~ You guys are so cute~” Luhan ignores the other guys as he watched Minseok’s round cheeks become darker.

The next day, the campers went canoeing, as pairs. Baekhyun immediately latch himself to the chinese panda boy and declaring a race to some kid –Chanyeol was his name –and the latter accepted it. Although his partner seemed uninterested in their little war. Before Minseok can even start searching a partner, two bodies was already clinging on his arms. “I had him first!” “No, Minseokkie’s with me!” and a fight has already begun between the doe-eyed boy Kyungsoo and the pretty fairy Luhan. Minseok sighed. “I think I’ll go with Jongin instead.” On instant the two heads snapped towards the elder. Three with Jongin’s. Minseok smiled at him sheepishly. “You wouldn’t mind right?” Jongin’s shocked expression turned into a smile. “Sure, hyung.”

The both of them paddled away from land and Minseok was stunned by the beautiful view that was surrounding them. “Woah..” he didn’t noticed he said that until Jongin spoke, “Pretty, isn’t it?” he asked. Minseok was rather startled at first then nodded at the tanned boy. “Yeah.. I always stuck in my room in the holidays. I never go out that much.” He admitted. Jongin hums in response. “I guess you been here last year too?” Jongin nodded. “Yeah. This is my third year here. I met Kyungsoo the next year as for Luhan, it’s his fourth.” Minseok nodded as he paddled their canoe, taking in all the information Jongin just gave him. “So,” the tanned boy started. “Why did hyung suddenly want me to be your partner? Well, not that I don’t want to.” Minseok tilted his head side to side, thinking for a reason why he had pick Jongin. “Nothing I guess. It just came through my mind maybe? Sorry, I know you wanted Kyungsoo as your partner.” Minseok says oh so innocently while inside he’s smirking widely because the younger’s cheek turned red.

“N-no, I didn’t –“ the boy stutter as the older continue his teasing.

 “Oh? You don’t want to be pairs with Kyungsoo?”

“NO! wait –I mean, yeah but-“

Minseok finally let out his laughter while Jongin stared at the older. Although his skin isn’t that bright, Minseok still can clearly see the pink blush that appears on the latter’s cheeks. “You should tell him.”

“Tell who?”

“Kyungsoo.”

“Tell him what?”

“That you like him.” Minseok said with a smile. The blush on his cheeks turns crimson even though Jongin tried to hide it, Minseok still can see it. “I –Y-yeah..” Jongin looked up again and stared to the elder. “Yeah.. maybe I should.” Minseok’s smile turned wider. “Good.” The both of them fell into silence. No one says a word as they looked around, observing their surroundings. Although Minseok only ever talked to Jongin now, he didn’t feel awkward. And he was relief by it to.

A loud scream that followed by a splashing sound that caught Minseok’s attention. He turned to see what’s the source of it and saw a laughing Kyungsoo while pointing at somewhere to the lake. The finally, a head popped out revealing a wet honey haired boy named Luhan. Minseok stared at him. The way Luhan huffed at the laughing boy. The way Luhan’s lips tug upwards forming a smirk when Kyungsoo hand out his hand for him to grab on. The way Luhan’s eyes crinkled beautifully and let out his melodious laughter when he managed to pull down Kyungsoo in to the water with him. Minseok can’t help but smiled at the sight. He was mesmerized by Luhan.

Minseok turned his attention back at Jongin, who was chuckling at the other. Minseok gave him a look. “What?” Jongin nodded his head towards Luhan’s direction. “You should tell him too.” He smiled, and continue. “You like him.”

“What?! N-no!”

“Yes you do.”

“But I just met him like 3 days!”

“So?”

Minseok went silent after that. Jongin only patted his shoulder and tell him, “Just think about it.”

The rest of his summer were fun and exciting. And for Minseok, it’s not just because of the camp activities. It’s because Luhan was always beside him in every activity. Minseok couldn’t help but fall more for the latter even if, he doesn’t realize it yet. On one night, Minseok woke up at midnight and saw one of the bunks is empty. He put on his slippers and went outside.

The night was so beautiful. Usually, Minseok only sees black night sky and the colorful street lights. Oh Minseok loved the sight of that but nothing can compare to this beautiful scenery. Maybe Minseok was wrong. Because the only beautiful thing to Minseok right now is a certain brown honey haired boy that is laying on the soft green grass as he look up to the sky, observing every star he can find. Maybe Minseok’s eyes are fooling him. Because he swear Luhan looked like he was glowing.

“Minseok!” Luhan’s voice manage to bring back Minseok from his thoughts. The deer boy was waving at him and motion him to come closer and so he did. They both lay down side by side and just stared at the beautiful view up there. “Luhan, why are you awake?” Minseok asked. “Just.. Homesick I guess.” Ahh, I forgot he’s Chinese. So.. is that mean he would go back to China after Camp’s over? Minseok bit his lower lip. The thought of never seeing Luhan made Minseok’s tummy churn. Luhan closes his eyes and sighed. “Too bad I can’t go back home.” He said. Minseok turned his head to the side and stared at him and once again paralyze by his beauty. But he still tries to keep their conversation going. “How come?” he asked or rather, whispered.

“My parents kick me out… for some reason four years ago after my first summer here. I didn’t go home and just stayed here for another 3 years. Good thing the counselors are nice enough to let me stayed here.” He sighed and opened his eyes while Minseok just stared at him. “I should really find another place to stay. Maybe I’ll stay in Kyungsoo’s until I can afford a new place.”

“Why don’t you just stay with me?”

Luhan’s head immediately snapped to him with wide eyes in pure of shock and disbelief. “W-what??”  Minseok himself was kind of surprised but tries to remain calm. “Live with me. Uh, you don’t want to??” “Yes. Of course I want to! Oh Minseok thank you!” Minseok didn’t expect Luhan would tackle him with hug. But he just smiled and hugged him back.

And one thing was sure, Minseok didn’t ever expect Luhan would ever kiss him. But Minseok didn’t expect him to kiss him back as well so he just go with it. Minseok felt something tingling inside his body and all of a sudden he felt light. Really, really light.

They pulled away afterwards and the both boys stared to each other’s eyes. It was an odd feeling for Minseok. His heart was beating sooo darn fast and he can still feel how Luhan’s lips felt so good press against his. Luhan was the first one who snapped out and he immediately got off from the older, apologizing how he really shouldn’t do that and sorry if he freaked Minseok out and so on not until Minseok pulled him back and hugged him.

“M-minseok…”

“Hm?” the said boy nuzzled his face to the crook of Luhan’s shoulder.

“I-I know we just met a few days ago but..”

Minseok smiled. He knows where this is going so he hugged the latter tighter.

“Minseok, I really like you.” He finally finished.

Minseok chuckled right beside Luhan’s ear and softly whispered. “Me too. I like you too Luhan.”

 

It’s the last day of camp and everyone’s gather in the camp fire. The blazing fire sending warmth to the campers. “Hey guys! Who wants to hear me sing?” Everyone –including the counselors –groaned out loud at Chanyeol’s offer. The tall boy frowned and mutter something in his breath. “Hey, how about let Minseok sing?” Immediately everyone cheered in agreement at Kyungsoo’s offer. “W-what? Oh, No I can’t sing.” Minseok tries to reason. Luhan snorted. “Please. You’re voice was almost as good as Kyungsoo’s when I heard you sing in the showers.”

“Yeah, c’mon Minseok! Sing!”

“Sing for us Minseok hyung!”

“Minseok! Minseok! Minseok! Minseok!” Everybody chants.

“Alright Fine! I’ll sing.”

The guys all cheered loudly.

Minseok cleared his throat before he start, his eyes never leaving Luhan’s as he sings.

 

Pure as a child who doesn’t understand anything

That beautiful moment of rebirth.

Eyes closing and opening again

Scared that this is all just a dream.

I miss how I once stood in front of you sincerely

Longing to catch your eye.

I just want to be with you

The two of us using the same steps to write a harmony

Just once is enough.

 

As I ride the wind I descend upon your world

White winds circle around you

You ask me where I came from, I smile and say it’s a secret.

As long as it’s you and I together

Heaven is anytime, anywhere.

To me, you’re brighter than an angel

If anyone is unfair to you, I will definitely not allow it.

As restless as if entering the Garden of Eden for the first time

Just let me gaze at you everyday

Always thinking of you in my heart.

Interlocking pieces of dust and sand

I won’t let those harmful things come near you.

I’ll always protect you, I’m eternally in love.

 

I’ll protect you from the strong winds, becoming your shield.

You’ll always have me, even if the world turns cold

Whenever you are hurt or sad, I’ll wipe your tears away.

As long as it’s you and me, no matter where we are

Heaven is anytime, anywhere.

The me who’s fallen in love with you can no longer turn back

I no longer have my wings.

My eternal life stripped away.

But I can still feel the sole reason for my happiness

Because my eternity is now you.

 

As I ride the wind I descend upon your world

White winds circle around you (From you)

You ask me where I came from, I smile and say it’s a secret.

As long as it’s you and I together

Heaven is anytime, anywhere.

 

When he finished the crowd goes wild again, cheering and clapping for Minseok. “Hyung, that was great!”

“Yeah! Although, I wish I could understand what you were singing.”

“Yeah.. What language was that?”

 

Minseok just smiled at them, ignoring their question and goes back to his seat with Luhan. “You’re amazing.” He said while pulling the brunette on his lap and wrapping his arms aroung his tiny waist. Minseo blushed at the public affection so he just buried his face to Luhan’s crook, trying to hid his pink cheeks. “I wasn’t that good.” He mumbled on Luhan’s skin. “You are though.” Luhan kissed Minseok on the forehead and then smiled at him. “And I like the way you were referring your eternity as me.” Before Minseok could muster another reply, Luhan had already sealed his lips with his. 

 

 

 

❤❤❤❤❤

 

 

↪Author's Note

3.630 w. 

Do you like it? I hope so because i didn't do any editing so, sorry if there's any mistakes.

Don't forget to comment and Subscribe if you like!

-gonexx