chapter four

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  chapter four

Kris was never really into girls when he was in high school. He was known as the introvert, enigmatic, goal-oriented boy focused on the things that he wanted in his life. He was always been the type who pursues for what he wants and does his best to get it.

All along, he wanted nothing but to follow his dream of becoming a doctor although, he was still engaged into school activities. And yes, Kris had always been the center of attraction when he was studying in Yonsei University.

Although, he hated all the attention given to him. He learned how to deal with the facts that he can never change. He was popular back then and a lot of fangirls following him was inevitable although this fact slowly turned into an annoying event.

He never wanted people bothering him especially when girls tug on his arms just to take those stupid selfies with him. Living in his lifestyle would seem like a fairytale for other boys around him but to him, it was a nightmare, honestly.

That was until Sooyeon barged into his life.

"Kris oppa!" Soojung says with a cheerful smile on her face. Kris slowly turned to his direction and a smile slowly forms into his lips. Well, yes, he hated girls and the fact that they could be clingy at times, however, this is Soojung and that made her an exemption to all the girls that he hated.

For him, she's different.

Because for him, she was his little sister.

She grabs him by his arms and pouts, "you didn't go to the library to teach me," she frowns as her eyebrows creased. She had been anticipating their review for a week because of what Kris had promised her. "I'm  afraid I'd fail my exams," her hands slowly drifts away from his arms as she heaved a heavy sigh escaping on her nostrils.

Kris sneered and eyed her mockingly, "hey," he says, poking her cheeks, causing her to turn just to face him. Kris gave her a cheerful smile and said, "I believe you can do it." He places a hand on the crown of her head and ruffled her hair. In that instant, her heart started to thump fast as it always did. 

She doesn't really know how to address it. It was a special feeling that she never had for anyone before. Soojung can't help but to shoot him with her cheeky smile that somehow overwhelmed his heart.

Kris saw her sister in Soojung's identity. Maybe, it was because of the same eyes that they both shared - they were expressive but at the same time, they could look serene.

His sister was just a five-year-old girl when she died. She was actually born as a blue baby and never did the Wu family had expected for their little Mei to prolong her life within five years.

Although, they only had five years with her, they had always been thankful that they had five wonderful years with her. If Mei would have been a normal girl, she should've had the same age as Soojung and they would've became friends.

His tears slowly the corners of his eyes and turning into different direction was his only salvation to save the tears attempting to escape from him. He faked out a yawn and gently rubbed his eyes to dry out his eyes.

Just the memory of his sister could make out a huge effect on him.

He loved his sister so much. Everyone knew how much he valued his little Mei and when the day had came and her heart stopped beating, a part of him was burried on the ground with Mei, apart of him had died when he lost his little sister.

That was why when he was having a bad day, or a tough time, all he needed was to see Soojung and he can feel the presence of his sister lingering around him. Having Soojung made him feel like he wasn't alone.

Like his sister had just been there. 

Despite the fact that he could never see her again.

That was why he was so happy that he had her in his life. If it wasn't for her, he wouldn't have met that one girl who changed his life and turned him into someone better.

Sooyeon wraps her arms around his waist and places her head against his back, "baby," Kris looks back at her with a gentle smile on his lips, "what is it again?" Kris asks, as he completely turns to face her and wraps his arms back. And that was the moment that Sooyeon places her head on his chest and mutters, "I'm so excited to tell her."

Suddenly, a chuckle escaped from his lips, she really knew how to be vocal of what she feels, "yeah," Kris says underneath his husky breath. Sooyeon looked at him suspiciously with her nose scrunched up, "yah! Kris Wu! Aren't you happy to tell her?" She asks with her bratty tone as her lips forms into a pout.

Kris chuckled at how childish she could get. This was what he liked about her, he could be childish at times and yet, she was matured of how she should act the things around her. And Kris knew, anybody would lucky to have her.

And he knew how lucky he was to have her in his arms, smiling right before his eyes. "Yah," Sooyeon calls out for his attention. Clearly, he was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter