chapter five

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  chapter five

"Well, I finally see the man taking interests on our baby." A deep voice interjects, as his shadows follows. His hands were fixed on his pockets as he flashes a bright smile in front of everyone.

"Kevin hyung?" Jongin stammered, observing the his figure real carefully. 

And he was right, it was his hyung.

He finally steps into the dining room, leaning his shoulders against the wall. He looks at them with a half smile, "what a small reunion."

"Hyung!" Jongin says in his sing-song voice. His eyes glimmered intently by the mere glimpse of the marvelous sight in front of him. He leaps in front of him and smiles, "it's nice to see you again!" He says with a cheerful smile.

Kris looks at Jongin curiosly. He doesn't really remember who this guy is. He just plastered his smiles, "do I... know you?" He says, politely. His grin never leaving his face.

"It's me!" Jongin proclaimed, almost jumping with deep joy.

"Who's me?" He asks, looking at the boy standing next to him. Clearly, Kris was of no fortune teller. He won't be able to tell his name if the boy says his name otherwise.

"Jongin!" He shouts, gesturing his foot, as if playing foot ball. "Kim Jongin!" He says, nodding his head like a five-year-old kid, clapping his hands. Soojung and Sooyeon on the other hand, remained silent on their spots.

"They know each other?" The two both asked in unison, "I don't know," and they repeated the same thing again.

"Wait," Soojung interjects, she stood in between the two boys before her and said, "you two know each other?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed as her fingers, swung in the air pointing at them.

"No!" Kris says, creasing his brows, he definitely hated the idea of being with this kid. By the way he looks at him, Jongin seems like a total weirdo, screaming for his name. Yes, he was also known as Kevin, but only his family and other closely related people calls him by that name.

Unless...

"K-kkamjong?" Kris stutters, looking at him intently, studying every feature of his face, "i-is that you?" He asks, looking at him with pure confusion. It was unlikely for them to meet at a certain place that he never would have thought.

"Hyung!" He shouts cheerfully as he leaps to hug his old companion.

Jongin met Kris back when he was a five-year-old boy in Canada. Apart from the fact that he was an Asian, he also had tanned skin that his school mates had made fun of. Because of that Jongin never had the chance to make friends and do what he always wanted.

Well, that was until he met Kris.

Indeed, Kris was an eccentric boy who knew nothing but to set his goals and do his priorities jotted on his list but something about Jongin made him so attached. Maybe, it was persevarance he saw in him or something they had in common.

He tapped Jongin's back and parted from him, "how have you been? How's your brother Taehyung?" He asked, a delightful smile never leaving his face. All throughout the years, he never forgot Jongin. 

He treated him as his best friend, as his little brother.

"Oh, you know... popping here and there."

"Oh," Kris nods, looking at him. "Don't tell me he's in Japan again? Family problems?" He asks curiously. It had been years since they last talked and they had a lot of things to catch up. "Sorry to interrupt," Sooyeon scoffed, darting his gaze to her sister, "are we missing something here? What's the reunion all about?"

Jongin and Kris, chuckled as they eyed Soojung and Sooyeon, "he's my friend. I studied in Canada before and that's where we met," Jongin explained, smiling at the girls. "He was my superhero before."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter