chapter three

Broken
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

chapter three

"Let me carry this for you," he picks up her bag, placing it's straps on his shoulder while carrying his own on his left hand. "Wow, your bag is really heavy." He remarked with a mocking smile,"never thought that you carry your locker on your way home."

Soojung frowned and playfully hit him on his arm, "I don't," the expression slowly left her face, finally giving into what she truly felt. A smile slowly formed on her lips and her eyes followed, brightening up on its own. "I just need to study for the exams, you know?"

He nods his head coolly. Something popped out of his head out of the blue, urging him to say, "so, can I ask you something, Soojung?" The words tumbled from his lips. He was shocked how it came out or where it came from. 

But he had no choice but to continue since he already started it.

"Uhm," she pursed her lips and her eyebrows furrowed, "you're already asking." Jongin laughed. He was tensed, shaking his head, "no, seriously." He says, locking his eyes with hers. And it was the first time she saw how deep they were. She immediately looked away, escaping from his captivating gaze.

 She immediately snaps herself back to her senses.

She felt that there was something that was really bothering him although she can't point out what it was, she wanted to help him as a friend, of course. Soojung nods. "Sure, go ahead."

"So, there's this girl that my friend was been telling me about." Jongin starts, looking away from her just when she did. He was staring at the pavements as he continued to speak, "She's smart, talented, kind, beautiful -"

"Yeah," Soojung says, "she's perfect." She wanted to drag him out of his conclusion. It was actually annoying her for no reason at all but of course, she needed to hide it from him. "I get it."

Jongin smiles and shakes his head, "yeah, she's perfect and when he's with her. He always get these crazy butterflies on his stomach. No, not butterflies, more like stinging bees bothering him all the time. The thing is, he doesn't know if he likes her."

"Oh," she says, trying to sound that she didn't care although deep inside her, she did. "Let me guess," she starts, her eyes were cold and distant, "you're the friend, right? And your not sure about this mystery girl."

"You got me there," Jongin laughed, rubbing his nape. He was pretty embarrassed of revealling his secret especially to the girl he was referring to. No one really knew anything about this. Or at least his close friends did but it never really came out of his mouth, they just noticed.

"Anyone would know by the way you talk about her." She says, there was a hint of annoyance in her tone although Soojung doesn't know why she's acting like this about whomever the mystery girl is.

She should be happy for her friend, right?

But why is she acting like this?

Jongin bit his lips and apologized, "sorry, this is really embarassing. I know my question is a pity."

Her eyes widened, he must've felt the hunch of her annoyance. She was always been a good keeper and she doesn't know how he felt it. She just simply took it back and said, "No, no." She lies with a smile. "I'm actually happy that you're opening it up to me."

Ironically, happy, actually.

He smiles in relief and whispers, "good." He looks at her with a smile and went straight to the question, "So, how would I know if I really like her? And what would I do if I really did?"

"Well, that's the first for prince Jongin." She chuckled.

Yes, she was annoyed but she doesn't know that this girl had such impact on him. It was the first time that he didn't know how to approach a girl. Jongin is Kim Jongin. He gets any girl he wants. Girls are the ones who run after him, even.

Of course, rumors had been spreading throughout the campus and it wasn't to hard to know that how he played with different girls' hearts. She even heard about how he wins all the ladies' hearts.

His question knocked on her mind again reminding her to answer. How did I know how I felt for Kris? Suddenly, there was a kaleidoscope of memories that flashed through her mind, making her reminisce all that happened between them, the three of them, Jessica, Kris and herself.

"Pain," she smiles. "That's the easiest way to tell."

"How?"

"When you see her with someone and feel something heavy right here," she stops talking and silently points on her chest, "that's when you'll know that you feel something for her."

Jongin smiled and looked at her intently, "never knew you were an expert."

"What?" She asked, giggling. "I'm not." She lied. "I just knew it from the movies when the main characters are broken hearted and everything - kdramas, duh?" She says, smiling.

"If you say so," he says, snickering.

 

 

He pulled his car over by the moment Soojung pointed her house. Jongin couldn't help himself but to catch a glimpse of her home. The design is explicitly outstanding, a three-storey glass tower on top of it's cast-in-place ga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter