Tomorrow (ft. Yoongi)

Just One Shot [BTS Drabble Dump]

Title: Tomorrow
Genre: uhh…flangst pretty much
Characters: Yoongi
Word Count: 1665

Maann this song takes me back~ (and I think you’ve picked the perfect song that would depict Min Suga’s future relationship ^^) Sorry for the late one. I should actually be studying…well going to bed really because finals tomorrow but I felt my bunny hitting me hard to finish this one ==

 



Staring at his phone, Yoongi runs his hand through his hair. He has spent the last four hours scribbling down lyrics and fluffing around Cubase in order to show Bang PD that he was fit to release something in time for their next album. Unfortunately for him, he had hit a major case of “writer’s block” and hadn’t come up with anything even remotely decent for the past week.

 

Running through his track again, Yoongi leans back and sighs. Something isn’t right but he just can’t put his finger on it. A knock on his door catches his attention and he looks behind him to see Namjoon poke his head in.

 

"Hyung, can I—"

 

Yoongi moves his chair over before the leader can finish his sentence. Namjoon takes a seat next to him and reads over the numerous scratches on his notepad. He chuckles.

 

"Maybe you should take a break, Hyung," he says, picking up Yoongi’s phone. He sees the photo of you and him on the lock screen. Unlocking it he notices the conversation thread and the last time the two of you talked.

 

"You haven’t called her in a while, huh,"

 

Yoongi raises an eyebrow in confusion. Namjoon dances his phone in front of him and Yoongi immediately grabs it off him. The leader laughs at the increasing red on the older rapper’s cheeks.

 

"Why are you even…" Yoongi mumbles, scrolling through your messages.

 

It isn’t that he is avoiding you, but had locked himself in the studio all week he hasn’t even seen any of the other members. It’s a poor excuse he knows but he really didn’t need the distraction right now.

 

"Call her," Namjoon nudges him. He doesn’t respond but his thumb hovers over your name.

 

It’s not like Yoongi doesn’t want to call you. He does. So. Much. But at the same time he can’t bring himself to do it. It’s his fault really. He said it himself he didn’t want to “label” your relationship as of yet and you were fine with it. Back then anyway.

 

Lately he had realised your responses were getting shorter and shorter, to the point where he wouldn’t get a response for over a day. It began to worry him, wondering if you even wanted to be with him anymore.

 

He knows you’re busy too…and he can’t complain much because he’s done the same. You’re both as stubborn with your emotions as each other and he won’t lie; it’s driving him up the wall.

Namjoon had told him to just man up and make it “official” already but with the sudden pressure Bang PD had dropped on Yoongi, he really didn’t want to complicate his already packed schedule. The thing is, it’s not that the rapper doesn’t want to pursue you, because he does. The last thing Min Yoongi wants is to lose a girl like you - someone that’s in a similar workspace and industry that’s just as demanding as his own. That the both of you are both as passionate about your work and would go days, even weeks without social contact and yet when the two of you met up again, it is as if no time has passed by.

 

That was before. But lately…

 

Yoongi sighs as he leans back in his chair just thinking about it. His phone lays heavy in his hand, thumb still hovering over your name. He chews on his bottom lip as the thought of your voice quickens his heart rate.

 

“When was the last time you spoke to her?” Namjoon’s voice brings him back to the present and Yoongi thinks.

 

To be honest, he doesn’t know when the last time it was since the two of you have had a proper conversation. Has it been one, maybe two months?

 

“Hyung,” Namjoon half yells and Yoongi scowls. “Seriously you two…” he mutters under his breath as he swipes the phone out of Yoongi’s hand.

 

“Hey-” 

 

It’s already too late as Namjoon hits the send button and Yoongi can only slap the younger male on his back. He curses under his breath just as his phone rings. Your name flashes on his screen and Yoongi almost drops it as his heart races. Namjoon nudges him in the knee to answer it but Yoongi is so flustered he doesn’t know what to do.

 

Namjoon has never seen him like this as the elder’s face turns red and Namjoon tries to stifle a laugh. Yoongi mouths a, “What the did you text her?!” and the former only shrugs, sliding the phone to answer it for the frozen rapper.

 

“Yoongi-ah?” your voice emits from his phone and his heart skips a beat. His ears turn red and Namjoon takes a quick photo before running out of the studio before Yoongi runs after him.

 

“Oh…h-how have you been? Sorry I haven’t…”

 

Yoongi rambles on and you laugh as you can hear the nerves in his voice. It’s endearing and the sincerity in his voice reminds you why you fell for him in the first place. Your little chuckles eases him a little bit and he mentally beats himself up for not calling you sooner. If he hadn’t been so worked up about pitching this song to his boss, he would’ve definitely called you up sooner rather than later.

 

“Do you have time?” Yoongi suddenly asks and that definitely catches you off guard. 

 

“Like now?”

 

“Yeah, come to the studio,” he pulls out his rare aegyo and he doesn’t even realise what he’s saying until you respond and say that you can be there in ten minutes. He smiles and shyly asks you to bring him food since he hasn’t eaten all day.

 

Just as you reach his studio, you recognise an old track he had been working on and catch yourself smiling to yourself. This song always got to you in ways you never thought was possible but that was the thing with Yoongi’s music. It spoke to people on a personal level. 

 

You need to remember to tell him that.

 

Knocking, the music stops and you see a shadow hover by the door. It opens and the both of you find each other grinning so widely it’s embarrassing. Yoongi steps aside to let you in only to pull you in from behind as you drop the snacks on the couch.

 

“Yoongi--” 

 

“Sorry..” he nuzzles into your ear and you shake your head. “I should’ve called. I’ve been so stressed lately--”

 

“Namjoon told me,” you immediately regret saying that as he lets you go. “I mean…”

 

He pouts as he pulls you in, resting his chin on top of yours. “You’re free all day right?”

 

You nod, “I just handed in my last project so I’m free for the rest of the month.”

 

“Good,” he simply states as he shuffles the both of you to his computer, his arms still latched around you.

 

“You should eat something,” you poke him in the side but he just shakes his head, nuzzling his face into your side.

 

“Can’t we stay like this for a little bit?” he mumbles into you and it makes him wish that the two of you could stay like this forever.

 

A knock on the door interrupts the two of you and you both almost fall back in your chairs when you see his manager standing there. You’re about to jump up and greet him but Yoongi pulls you back and keeps you still.

 

“You’ve met her. She’s my girlfriend, hyung,” Yoongi states firmly and it’s rather attractive but now wasn’t the time to be thinking that.

 

His manager only nods, strangely at ease with the new information.

 

“I figured, but I trust you to keep this a secret from everyone,” it’s not a question. “Anyways, Bang PD wants a progress check tomorrow afternoon,”

 

You feel Yoongi stiffen up a little as he nods and the manager leaves. All you can think of doing is pulling him close to you as he relaxes into your hold. He sighs as he lays his head flat on his notepad.

 

Motioning to the monitor, Yoongi nods, trusting you fully with the equipment. You’ve played with Cubase enough times to get the gist of it. As you hit play on the track that was playing before, you snake your arms around Yoongi’s waist and close your eyes.

 

As the bass starts off the track, Yoongi’s rough rap guides play across it as the piano starts off slowly, playing an underlying melody.

 

When you feel how hard it is to get through a day

Every single day is like a repetition…

 

“Have I ever told you how much I love this track?”

 

Yoongi’s body shuffles as his face turns towards you. He tilts his head in confusion. You’ve never really expressed your view on his music before, albeit, he’s never actually shown you any work worthy enough (he thinks, you’d disagree) but it was a nice change.

 

“How…so?”

 

“I haven’t heard much of what you’ve composed, but I’ve heard your lyrics and I’ve read enough of them to know the effect you have on people. Your lyrics really speak to people our age on a personal level, don’t you know that?

 

He looks at you in a light he’s never seen you in before. He wants to kiss you, hold you like this forever because no one’s ever said that to him. And the fact that such a comment came from you…

 

“Except this part, maybe write it how you would speak it. Like just how your raps are like your voice, make the melody like that too?”

 

He scribbles down a few things and runs the track back to the hook and sings through it. He lowers the volume down and looks to you for confirmation.

 

“That’s the one,”

 

Yoongi smiles that gummy smile of his as he pulls your chair towards him and kisses you. All the while the track runs on repeat in the background.

 

-END-