Flame

The Black Prince is The Wolf

Baekhyun took in a sharp breath, smelling the fresh air lingering around him. His nose suddenly perked up and his head snapped to where his father, the Dark King, was, who gave him a firm nod. He didn’t even waste time and dashed over to the place, where he had smelt the scent.

His eyes unconsciously sparked as he saw a human casually walking nearby a river with a large sack placed over the human’s shoulder. Baekhyun couldn’t care less to what’s in that sack as his feet made its way near the man human. His eyes were glistening a bit under the moonlight without his notice.

His long moist tongue almost every part of his mouth, while his breaths was in a normal rate -two to three breathings per second- which was thrice as fast as a human’s normal breathing. He waited for the right time ‘til he decided to pounce over the man. It was quiet, he kept the most slightest noise possible as he inched forward.

*Crack*

Baekhyun’s head quickly whipped behind him; where he heard the sound. He growled in his mind and mentally cursed when he saw his younger sister who stepped on a small stick of wood. He turn back to where the man was and his eyes slightly widened. The human was looking their way. His mind suddenly split its way and he cursed again. He really needed to think fast.

He sighed and ran over his sister; covering her body with his. His fur was pure black in color, and he isn’t much seen at night, but his sister has a peach colored fur, so it was the only thing seen right now.

“W-who’s there?” hearing the man stutter made Baekhyun relax a bit; knowing that the person wouldn’t do anything that’ll harm him, and most importantly, his sister. He shot a glare at the younger, who scrunch down on the ground and place her paw over her eyes. Baekhyun didn’t stop glaring. He heard footsteps from the distance getting lighter and lighter, while the scent was getting further away from where he stand. He knew that the human left.

“What do you think you’re doing, huh?!” he growled at his sister; hissing. The younger didn’t spoke, so he shook his head and walked back to where his parents were.

He found them lurking around together and he hadn’t even said a word when his mother beat him to it, “Just let the man pass and let's call it a night.” she growled lightly and cuddled a bit with Baekhyun’s father.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and eventually sighed, since he can’t even argue with it anymore with his heated-head right now, he might blow up and blame his sister for it. That's one of the last things he’ll do, he swears.

He took a glance behind him, to check if the younger was following and was satisfied to know that she is. They rush back to the palace; slowly and unnoticed so that the people won’t suspect them or anything.

Once Baekjoo (Baekhyun’s younger sister) took the first step on the palace floor, she figured herself back to her normal human self as her mother followed. The father soon followed after taking a glance at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun watched his father walk away before looking back at the forest behind him. His eyes shifted to the full moon, and he sighed, for about a billionth time already. He tilted his head a bit as he look back at the forest, located behind their palace, but just wide enough for some people in their city to explore. He shrugged his head, his maroon eyes formed itself back to dark-chocolate one and walking back casually to his room.

 

Baekhyun bounce down on his king-sized bed and rest his head on one of the pillow as he stared at the ceiling. He turn his head to the side before closing his eyes. He had been disturbed by his train of thoughts that wouldn’t leave his mind and he groaned. He stood up from his bed and walk over to his window.

His eyes gazed at the sight of the City he soon-to-be own. Eyes roaming around, he could see those kids playing and smiling; they were having fun.

He scrunched his nose, what is fun? It had already been too late for him to know what that is. He’s the King’s one and only son. He’s the Prince. He had barely –No- he hadn’t ever experience knowing what the people out there are experiencing. But then again, those people have never experience being his kind. A wolf.

At the very corner of his eyes, he had sworn that he saw a figure running towards their palace. He blinked at the figure for awhile and shrugged his shoulders, when he realized that the figure was the one he was suppose to attack on earlier if only his younger sister didn’t followed him.

He rushed out of his room in a flash, just like the wind. It was there, but it isn’t visible in anyone’s eyes. He slowed down when he reached the rooftop and sat comfortably, with legs apart while his arms resting at the top of his knees. He clicked his small and slightly moist tongue, as he tried to ignore the sounds of ruckus going down the palace. He actually dislike it when humans came into the palace and report about what happened in the forest. Especially, because they’re the cause of it.

His eyes shifted back to the city as he looked at every move the people were doing. Cooking, cleaning, washing the dishes, and there were even couples that were arguing. He raised a brow and turn his attention back to the moon. The moon that always relaxes him whenever his eyes landed on it.

He let out a huge breath, when suddenly his ears perked up when he heard a noise. He was hearing some ruckus from afar. Not the same ruckus that was going down the palace, but somewhere else. His eyes snap to where the noise was coming from and the voice got sharper in his ears. He heard groans of another wolf like him.

He decided to check it out, slightly curious to whom that was. He hasn’t heard that voice anywhere yet, and he had already studied every single wolf like him. Not that he wanted to. He needed to. Starting from the figure, how big and how tall, to the wolf’s personality, how great their speed and fighting skills are, and from what family they came from. The color of the fur and the last and most important thing was the color of the eyes.

The eyes was the most important part of their kind, because there is only two wolf of his kind has the same color and it belonged to the ones that are called ‘Flames*’. He had already memorized every eye-color of each wolf living right now.

He actually has two eye-colored, but the other one was only seen when he turns into a wolf. His other eye-color was his real one. Maroon, was his Wolf’s eye-color, and he kind of likes it. But he exceptionally thinks that his real eye-color was his style; Federal Blue. His father and Mother have the eye-color; Fire brick red, while his sister has, Magenta.

There’s just this one fact that’s bothering him. He had already known all the eye-color of the other wolves, and even found a girl that has maroon colored eyes but there was this guy that also has maroon.

He had never found any other wolves that have the same eye-color as him. When he was young, he didn’t really care about his flame. He had sworn once to himself that he was never going to have one. But after a few years, he had thought about it, and he actually proclaims that he wanted a flame of his own. Someone that he can call his ‘one and only’.

He quickly snapped away from his thoughts when he continuously heard some low cries. His curiosity spiced up as he sneaked out of the palace and quickly shaped himself back to a wolf like he was from earlier.

He had unconsciously thought if this was his flame, for a fact that he doesn’t know any wolf like him with the voice like that. 

But these thoughts subsided when a wolf was thrown his way making him stumble around and fall off a cliff. His paws grip into the other wolf while they were falling. Groaning every time they hit something hard.

“Grrr!” he heard the same voice from earlier when they had officially landed on the ground, trees still around them.

He arched his back in pain as he landed hard on a rock. He shook his head when the pain struck to it. He slowly open his eyes, but his vision was still a bit blur, when he look around he saw a pure white fur beside him.

He slowly stood up to his four paws and walk closer to the other. He saw the sight of dark red liquid that was tricking down on the figure’s front right leg and he didn't know why, but he flinched. He walk over to the Wolf’s side and bump his head to the other’s body.

She held a soft yelp as she squirmed away from him. Baekhyun froze when he realize what he did. He had never touched anyone, in fact, he hated being touch, even if it was his parents. He had never touched his sister either. Surprisingly, he was the one who made the first move on this wolf.

The girl didn’t look up as she look down on her leg. She tried to lift herself up and quickly fell back down as she cried in pain. Baekhyun quickly went to her side and helped her lift herself up by pushing her lightly with his head.

“I'm fine.” She growled softly, she didn’t stutter nor did the words came out in any feelings. It sounded blunt. She doesn't seem like she’s hurt, but inside, she’s in deep pain.

“So?” He asked as he continue to help her. She pushed her body up and lift her paw that was injured, so that she couldn't leave it more injured. The only way she could move was by hopping.

“So. I don’t need any help.” She stated and hopped away from him. Baekhyun quickly rushed to her side which made her a bit irritated out how stubborn the other was, “I want to help.” He said and looked at the girl that wasn’t having any eye-contact with him.

“Look at me.” He growled at her. She didn’t, and it made him frustrated, “I said look at me!” he barked, but the girl didn’t even show any sign that she’s surprise.

“I won’t, and I never will.” She said lowly and hopped away. Baekhyun blinked at her, trying to process everything that she had said. No one had ever declined his request.

He shrugged it off and tried to smell the other’s scent, once he lost her. He cursed at himself when he didn’t focus more on her. How the hell did she able to run away from me with her injured leg?!

He groaned multiple times and curse. He looked around and tried to spot a white fur anywhere, but to his luck, there was none. He tried to look for her again and it took him almost an hour until he finally gave up. He remembered the other’s smell perfectly and he had swear, he’ll find her. Even if it means he’ll be wasting his time for nothing, he’ll find her.

He sighed. Too bad he wasn’t able to see her eyes. Maybe she was the one he had been waiting for. Did she have Federal blue eyes too? Was she my flame? Urgh. Why didn’t she look at me? It would’ve been much more easier.

He scratch his hair with his paw before shaking his head and running back to the palace.

He saw his sister at the back entrance and let out a sighed. Forming back to human self and walking pass her, “Where have you been oppa? Mom and Dad were looking for you.” He heard her say, while he felt her walking beside him, “Out. Obviously.” He mumbled.

Baekjoo pouted but quickly smiled as she turn to Baekhyun, “Oppa! I found your flame!” she beamed. He froze from walking and snap his head to her, “You what?” he asked.

She giggled, “Well, look who’s excited~” she sang and skipped forward. Baekhyun scrunch his nose but quickening his pace and following his sister, “Seriously, did you found her?” he asked.

Baekjoo grinned and nodded, “Yes! She has those blue-ish color eyes-” “Federal Blue.” “Yeah, she has the same color eyes as yours!” she said and clasps her hands.

Baekhyun’s face light up as he stared at her, “When? How? What does she look like?” he asked and grip her shoulder. He sounded so desperate that it made the younger laugh.

“Just minutes ago. I was looking at the city, I saw her at her room and her eyes glisten with that blue eyes-” “Federal Blue.” “Whatever.” She shook her head, “And for your last question… you need to find that out yourself.” She smiled at her brother, “Oh, and she looks like she was hurt. She was tying her arm with some bandages.” She quickly frowned at the thought. She lift her head up and forced a smile, “Well, goodluck oppa~” she chimed before rushing away from her brother.

Baekhyun blinked a bit. It was her. He grinned at the sudden thought. The one he had encountered earlier was her. His flame. It made sense. That’s why he was attracted.

She was injured just like how he saw her and now she’s curing it. Baekhyun let out a sighed in relief. She got home safe…

He can’t help but smile, She’s as stubborn as me.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________

*Flame stands for 'other half'. Like soulmates, but I decided that 'flames' would be cooler xD
Well, first chapter out :3 Hope I didn't disappoint you?? ;; Hehe, bye!
-03/23/14-