Split ~SHINee~

Wasteland

Rays of sunlight beamed through the cracks of the boarded up windows, indicating that it was morning. I stood up peaking through one of them my heart clenching in my chest as I watched the gory corpses limp around out side. 

They'll eventually begin to smell me, it's obvious their numbers have grown just over the presence of one night. If I don't leave quickly, it'll be impossible. 

I scanned the small grocery store for any usable supplies that might be of assistance until the next destination. It looked like utter chaos. The shelves once stacked with food were tipped over, their contents now mixed together. The items ranged from average cold pills- to dried squid. 
Why did I ever agree to split up, anyway? 
It was all that stupid puppies idea, and of course the rest of us poor SHINee members listened.
I'm almost positive he was the first to die. Especially after the pandemic made it's way into the SME Building. 
Still..I wonder if they're alive and well. 
                      Onew..
                           Minho..
                               Taemin..
                                   Jonghyun..

                                         I WILL follow the plan. 
                             Even if it kills me..
I quickly rummaged through the mess on the ground putting a few packages of dry food along with some sleeping pills into my bag. 
Just in case..
Now how to get out of here...
I came in through a small hole in the boarded up door... But with the amount of flesh eaters that had gathered outside since then,  it's going to be impossible to leave that way.
There was a door to my left, and a door to the right. Even though I hoped they were only supply closets, that held ONLY supplies, there was a reason I'd waited to open them. 
Inching to the door, first on the right I gulped hoping it wasn't a work day when the outbreak took place.
I relaxed seeing it was indeed exactly a supply closet and nothing else.
But there's still another door to be checked..
Again, I eased over to the other door. 
Encountering a Zombie isn't really my concern, my concern was a herd of them swarmed over a lifeless body finishing what's left of it and then seeing me. When encountering the dead, my gun was saved for immediate dangers, otherwise I knifed them. The less they hear, the less they come.
The door opened to a stairwell..
Great, even more area to scope out. There was a slight shuffle in the room above but as I listened intently for it to continue there was not a sound more.
My legs grew shaky with every inclined step. 
I felt like a hypocrite. I'd always used to throw popcorn at the TV screen as the main character went in search of a noise they'd heard. Clearly you weren't suppose to do that, but here I was doing the exact same thing. While none of the weapons I've snagged had ever been used, I certainly hadn't hoped needing them anytime soon.
The knife was held tightly in my fist as I twisted the door-knob. The door creaked open all it's own as I walked silently into the space.
There was a large wooden desk, sitting infront of an even bigger boarded up window. A plant had been knocked over, and papers were scattered all over the floor.

What a shame.

No matter how many people in this world had common sense, there at least a thousand more that were dull with no sense at all. Those people are the ones panicking and throwing papers about without second thought. We were the ones that had to suffer for that..

I heard there were evacuation buses, but citizens were getting so worked up, it was impossible for them to get to camps...it was impossible for them to get to SME.
I creeped around the side of the desk, seeing no other suspicious components in the room, but still grasping the knife in my hand.
Underneath the space of the desk was a familiar face. I let go of the air I'd been supressing in my lungs. Relieved it was only him.
"Key?" I'm guessing Taemin was just as surprised to see me here as I was to see him. 
"Were you bitten?" I asked
He stood up flashing his arms, his legs and even his stomach.
"Good," I said " Where's your partner?"
His face turned dim and full of grief. I knew it all to well, having lost the partner I was paired with.
" Kai...just."
I placed a hand on his shoulder, urging him to say more.
"We were running..trying to find a way into this building. I didn't look back often, but when I did, I saw that Kai was caught on a fence. When I tried to go back and help him, he told me to keep going and to make it in without him. As you can see..." Taemin stopped talking for a moment, "Where's Baekhyun?"
I gave him a slight smile patting his back.
"We need to think about how were going to get out of here." I had no intentions of dwelling on the past. It wasn't clear if Baekhyun had died or not, but I guess I should hope the best.
"Did you get any weapons?"
Taemin nodded. 
"A few, the rest were on Kai."
It was good he had something, we might actually stand a chance. 
Your imagination has to be a good one, if you wanna survive. I've been traveling with a broken bottle of soju, and a kitchen knife I found at the company kitchen.
I'm glad I had someone again.

~~


~~
"Hyung are you good?" Minho said patting various parts of my body.
I sat up trying to replay the previous events of the morning.
"How are we..?"
He smiled. 
"I carried you on my back." 
A guilty feeling began to settle in my stomach. As leader I should have been the one to carry him through hordes of the undead, and yet here I was being cared for by my dongsaeng.
"Sorry." Was all I could say. If possible, I would have stood to bow but my legs were to weak.
We were in some house. It wasn't big, which was a good thing, but it was unsettling to  know that someone used to live here.
"Don't be sorry, Hyung. It wasn't an inconvenience."
His reassurance really wasn't helpful, but I sent him a smile, anyway.
"How much further do we have to go?"
My parents have a vacation house on an island that should be completely safe, considering they own the island too. The plan I'd told all the SHINee members, was to lead theirpartners to the airport, all the way on the other side of Seoul. Where hopefully the plane was still t here and usable, if it hadn't been stolen or ripped apart in the chaos.
Jonghyun had suggested that we leave the SM building separate and even at different times. Most of us knew how to get to the airport somehow.. So we did a split off with some of exo, the rest of which insisted they could do fine on there own. D.O should be with Jonghyun, Baekhyun with Key, and Kai with Taemin. Chanyeol, Sehun, and Suho stayed back at the SM building so I don't exactly know what became of them.
"We need to find a vehicle." 
Going on foot was going to get way to risky.
"There's no way we'll get through the streets, though." Minho protested.
He had a point, but it was a still do-able. 
I pulled myself up in order to peak from behind the curtain.
No sign of the undead, right now that is. 
"As long as we stay off of the highway, we should be able to make due with back roads."
The room remained unspoken for a moment. 
In front of the house, the street was nearly empty, which was a start but those empty cars still needed to be checked for keys. And that means that we'll be needing to gather what we can in the house first.

~~


~~
I poked the fire, I'd started in the fire place. 
D.O was sleeping soundly on the floor. 
Dumb kid.
I told him to just go to sleep, and that I'd keep watch..
My insomnia had only gotten worse, so I had no problem with staying up...he however just couldn't keep his eyes open.
Which wasn't a bad thing.. I just didn't understand why he was trying to act so tough. This was no time to act 'tough' it was time to BE tough. There are no second chances if your bit. Those things bite you, they bite you. That person isn't me. I will make it to that damn plane, And so will the rest of us..
 'If I don't see Kibum at that hangar...'
                          I shook away the thought. 

All of us had our doubts, we didn't even know if the plane was still there, nor did any of us know how to fly a plane or even where to go if we got it up and running. But the thoughts are pushed aside. Not by me, but the rest of us. Some where deep inside tells I want to give up but I can't. I can't because there's still a change. As long as you believe there's a chance, there's a chance.

Okay I'll be the first to admit, hiding in an old post office was probably the dumbest strategy approach we've made so far. But it was dark out and we had to get shelter somewhere. If you hide they don't detect you as quickly.. Either way it really didn't matter, after a few days they'll begin to smell your fleshy scent and hobble their way to your relative area. You could hear more and shuffling as the night had passed.

"Hyung." I heard a tired voice behind me. "Is it time to head out again?" 

The boy was smart for not thinking he'd last at the company with his other members. 

"Yeah, looks like the rain didn't mask us as well as I was hoping."
He slumped his shoulders,"So your saying there are a lot of them?..."
There weren't a lot, but it was definitely an amount to be worried about..
"Quit your complaining, at least they aren't breaking through the reinforcements."
I pointed to the boards on the window.
If a newly grown corpse were to have a go at it, it might have a slight advantage...but not much. D.O quickly put his layers of clothing on. The more we wear, I figured the better chance we have to not get bit. 
"Should we go out through the back? Or the front door?" 
His eyes widened in surprise. 
"The front door? Why-"
"The front door, it is!" I turned around 
He panicked! 
"Relax! Geez..."
I was only kidding with him. There's no way we were going to risk the front door. Clearly he's not a very humorous person.
Without saying anything, I commenced in removing the stacked up chairs and tables away from the doorway. D.O watched anxiously as I did so. 
"I'm scared." He said 
"You don't have time to be scared, we have to go."
His eyes became glassy.
"No, no, no...hey, don't cry."
Of course my request didn't stop him from bursting into tears.
"Look..." I placed my hands on his shoulders shaking him with every word. "I'll protect you.... Because without you, I would have to go out there alone. And Remember Kid, your members are waiting for you."
D.O bit his lip..
"But what if they're not.."
I was taken aback by his words.
What if he was right? What if Onew didn't get there either? If Onew didn't get there, the plane wouldn't even start... There would be no island...no survival.
Nothing.
Even if I had no idea what the future would hold
...I'll risk that. I'll bet my life on it...What use is my life to me anyway?
"They will be, trust me..They will be"

~~


 

A/N:

I hope you were able to find out who was who, without me stating who they were. ^^

that was kind of my whole goal. I'm sorry for those we've lost only in the first chapter, I promise you EXO will have better luck in the future. *Hint Hint*

Up next is the YG Family, can you wait? :)

Also, I still need a couple more groups! 

Let me know, okay?