02

What Are You? (Who or What Is Park Chanyeol?) {Editing}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been seven years.

Seven years since we moved to South Korea.

My baby brother had made it.

He made it.

That day when Dr. Soo came he said the baby wasn't in a healty condition and that he was close to dying. My mum cried and we were devastated. She had to send the baby back to the hospital where they took care of him. Some months later the house was finished. It was decent and the attic was taken down. It was replaced with a new one. We barely used it though unless it was to put in old stuff. It was a big attic, enough for it to be a room. The doctors said that my brother was in a healty state and that we were allowed to have him back. My mum cried again. It had been three years for him to be able to be with us. Three years of having to be in the hospital. And I bet it because he didn't have a name at that time. Since he came back my mum had put a name on him. He was named Xiumin. Xiumin is seven while I'm eighteen. We both are very introverted people so we didn't really have friends in the beginning. 

 

 

 

 

Xiumin held onto my hand tightly as we walked to school. It was his first day in third grade while it was my last year in High School. He was very scared because people usually make fun of him for being chubby. 

"Gege..what if..what if they make fun of me..?" Xiumin held onto my hand even tighter, if that was possible. I crouched down eye level with him and put my hands on his shoulders. I looked at him and gave him a smile.

"Xiumin, they won't make fun of you. I promise. How can they make fun of you when you're so cute and skilled?" I pinched his cheeks lightly which made him giggle. He wrapped his arms around my neck and hugged me.

"Gege...I love you." Xiumin looked at me and gave me a gummy smile. He then spread his arms, indicating he wanted to be carried. I chuckled before picking him up and placing him on my shoulders. One of his hands were in my hair while I was holding the other. We walked towards his school and met with his teachers. I set Xiumin down and gave him his back pack. Xiumin's eyes were glued to the ground as I spoke to him.

"Be a good boy Xiumin and if anyone hurts or bullies you, just tell me, okay? Gege will rescue you." Xiumin nodded before wrapping his tiny frail arms around my neck and hugging me before kissing my cheek. I kissed the side of his head before standing up and ruffling his hair. I watched Xiumin follow the red line to the school with a teacher. I sighed as I made my way towards the high school. I am very glad they have the schools next to each other. This way it's easier to get to Xiumin. As I was walking I felt a hand slap my back followed by a "Kevin Wu!"  I immediately turned around to look at the shining face of someone I didn't know. That person had a big smile on their face as his big eyes stared at me. He frowned before punching my arm.

"I thought you would remember me! Do I really look different? I mean, I did lose the mochi cheeks like yo-"

"Henry!" I hit the side of his head while smiling as he laughed.

"It's been a long time dude, how have you been? For a second I thought I had taken the wrong person because you just stared at me like I just stepped on your shoe or something." Henry was talking in English by now as he adjusted the straps of his back pack. 

I laughed before shaking my head, "In the ups and downs. What about you?" As we were walking, we recieved severaly glances from other students.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter