01

What Are You? (Who or What Is Park Chanyeol?) {Editing}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I found him in my attic on an afternoon. It was a day after we moved into our new house in South Korea. See, we were from Canada but my mom wanted a better neighborhood for the baby. Canada wasn't a 'good neighborhood' enough for mom. I still wonder why though. No one else was there. Just me. The rest were off at a hospital talking about the baby's health. He was sitting on the ground, his back to the wall and his eyes staring out the window. He looked as if he was prisoned. It was all dark up here. He was in the darkest corner, only letting the light from outside shine on him. His clothes were all tattered and black, full with dust. He had some cobwebs on his hair and all over his body. It was as if he'd been there forever. He was very pale and he looked so lifeless, like he was dead. 

The attic wasn't in the best conditions. It was getting close to crumbling down. The guy, Kim Jun Myeon, showed us the attic, shining his flashlight around. At the time we didn't see him. "Just think of it as if it was all rebuilt and nice, spacious in fact. Use your imagination. Maybe it could be your hideout with your pals, Yifan." He smiled at me, I looked away. Why the hell would my parents even buy this house? I mean, it was so horrible and ugly. All around the house it was the same, imagine this - imagine that. The same words coming out of Jun Myeon's mouth. Instead of paying attention to them, I started thinking about the last owner, Kim Minseok, he used to live here till he died. He was dead before they even found him, on the ground, in his room. That was what I was thinking everytime Jun Myeon kept saying 'use your imagination'. He even said it when we went to check the rooms. I just wanted him to the shut the up. I just really wanted to run away at the moment. To leave this house and go back to Canada. Things were easier there. Things were better there. Unfortunately, mom and dad bought the house. They started saying that it was going to be like an adventure. When Jun Myeon left, we started cleaning, scrubbing, and painting the house weeks later. Then the baby came too early. And this is our current situation. 

Earlier that day (after I had found him), I nearly got into the attic. I had my flashlight shining around the room. There were things on the ground. Curtains, poles, and planks of wood were thrown around the room. The roof was sagging in. Old chests were empty, broken washbins, deck chairs, and cloths were rotting away. Everything was covered in a white sheet with dust and spider webs. There was motar that had fallen from the walls. There was a window on at the far egde, only a little bit of the light was shining through it. There was a lot of weird on the ground. There were even feathers. It looked like the whole attic was sick of itself and would c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter