Unexpected Visit

It Will Always Be You

Naeun walked down the halls of the engineering building, hoping to see Hyuk today. She does not worry that someone might see her with Hyuk since most of the population of engineering students are boys and the girls doesn’t really care much about boys and dating.

She’s already on the third floor but still she couldn’t find Hyuk and no one was around the corridors that moment. He won’t answer her calls anymore so she just assumed that he is having his class right now. She just decided to roam around the whole building until she reached the rooftop.

From there, she can clearly see the whole campus. She closed her eyes and felt the wind that brushed her cheeks. She loves moments like this where she can forget about her problems and worries for a while and just enjoy the simple things that life has to offer.

Then suddenly she heard something. She opened her eyes and looked around. She can’t see anyone except herself. Then she heard the sound again from a corner. She walked slowly to the corner as her heart started to beat fast, nervousness travels through her.

As she came close, she saw a leg. It’s a man’s leg to be exact. Thoughts of seeing a dead man’s body in a pool of blood flowed through her mind. She is seriously getting scared and she badly wants to run and ask for help but she realized that she wasn’t sure if it really is a dead body. She come closer to reveal who the man is.

Naeun didn’t expect the person she saw.

It was Hongbin.

He looked wasted. Numerous cans of beer can be seen around his sleeping body. She sat beside him and she immediately smelled the scent of beer and alcohol. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed within school premises so it’s puzzling how Hongbin had been able to get drunk at the rooftop. But she is more curious why Hongbin got himself drunk.

A huge problem, perhaps?

Hongbin opened his eyes and she immediately asked him if he’s ok. He didn’t reply and he just kept on staring at Naeun.

“Naeun?” Hongbin asked with his husky voice.

“Yes, it’s me. Are you alright sunbaenim?”

Hongbin smiled and tried to get up and sat in front of Naeun. She thinks that the effect of alcohol is still within him judging from the way he struggled to get up and the way he speaks.

“What happened sunbae?”

“Does having a happy family satisfying?” he asked, still with a rough voice while looking straight at her.

She nodded, confused with why he asked that kind of question.

“D-do you want to have a happy family?”

“Why are you asking these types of questions?”

“Just answer it.”

“Of course! Who wou-“

“Then, do you want to have a happy family with me?”

Naeun can’t process the question while Hongbin is getting closer and closer to her. Her eyes widen and her cheeks start to heat up. She panics inside and she doesn’t know what to do. When he was just inches away, she closed her eyes, waiting for whatever might happen.

Then she felt something heavy then she opened her eyes to see that Hongbin leaned on her shoulder, sleeping. He is facing Naeun’s neck, causing her to feel his breath against her skin. She sighed, letting out the tense feeling she had. She just stayed that way, afraid that she might wake him up if she moves.

After a couple of minutes, Hyuk called and asked where she is. She said she’s in the rooftop with Hongbin in a drunken state. When Hyuk came, they rushed Hongbin to the university clinic upon knowing that Hongbin is having a fever. They let him stay there even if they knew that the nurse will smell the scent of alcohol.

“Does Hongbin have any serious problem?” Curiosity filled her mind as her thoughts went back on what Hongbin asked you.

“I don’t know. Even if he has, he won’t tell me anyway.”

“I feel sorry for him.”

“Hongbin hyung is just drunk. You don’t need to worry too much. He is the type of person who doesn’t want to tell other people about his problems. He will keep it from others until he solves it himself. Maybe that is why you saw him drunk in the rooftop since that’s one of the abandoned places in this whole building. He chose to let everything out there since he knows that no one would see him.”

“But what if he can’t solve his problems by himself? What if he does things more than this? Maybe he would commit suicide the next time!”

“Yah noona! Hongbin hyung isn’t suicidal! Stop being paranoid! He will get over this.”

“But I’m worried for him.”

“You’re not his mom to worry this much. Do you like him?”

“What? Of course not!” The things that happened in the rooftop a while ago flashbacked in her mind and her cheeks started heat up again.

“You’re blushing! I will tell this to Hongbin hyung!”

“I-I’m not blushing!”

“Yes you were noona! Wow! It only took you a week to like him. You’re incredible!”

“Some girls only took a glimpse and already got head-over-heels at him. They are more incredible than me. And I don’t like him! I’m just worried and curious!”

“Whatever you say noona.”

“And I told you not to call me noona!”

Hongbin woke up with pain piercing through his head. He looked around and he realized he’s not in the rooftop anymore. He wondered how he got in the clinic and who got him there.

“It’s almost dismissal time. Good thing you already woke up.” The nurse told him as she checked his temperature again. The nurse asked if he’s drunk and he said yes. He was told that drinking beer is against the school rules but she won’t tell the dean since he was so good-looking at would be a waste to expel someone as handsome as him. He just smiled shyly, feeling awkward with the compliment he received. He asked the nurse who brought him there and she said it was his friend and she forgot to get his name because she’s kind of distracted due to the fact that he’s too good-looking as well. After a few moments, Hyuk came inside the clinic. He immediately asked the nurse if Hongbin could now go and of course the nurse agreed.

“How did you found me at the rooftop? I didn’t tell you I was there.” Hongbin asked as they got out of the clinic.

“I wasn’t the one who found you hyung, it was Naeun noona.”

“Naeun? How come she’s here?”

“Her class finished early and she’s dying to see the engineering building so she went here. Since I still have classes, she roamed around up to the rooftop and that’s how she found you.” Hyuk explained.

Hongbin kept silent for a moment. He starts to get worried of he has done something weird or nasty when Naeun found him. He tries to remember any occurrence that Naeun is around while he’s drunk but unfortunately, his head just aches and he just can’t remember anything.

“Naeun noona hasn’t told me anything ‘bad thing’ you did. I don’t think you don’t need to worry. If that’s what you are thinking right now.”

“I think I should go see her. Just to say thanks and to apologize. It’s kind of embarrassing for her.” Do you know where she is now?”

“She goes back at the tourism building. She said that she has an emergency meeting at her organization and she might stay late.”

“Naeun is a tourism student?”

“Yeah, she is. It’s just that it isn’t obvious. If you want to say thanks to her, you might want to say it with Oreo Cheesecake.”

“Then where is the best place to buy one?”

Hyuk and Hongbin bought an Oreo Cheesecake at the nearest pastry shop and went straight to the tourism building. As they get close, they can notice that they receive stares from everyone, especially the girls. When they entered the building, Hyuk called Naeun to ask where she is.

“I just got out of our library here. You don’t need to wait for me anymore.” Naeun is currently walking down the stairs when she noticed that girls are rushing to go down.

“Well, me and Hongbin hyung wants to pay you a visit.”

Naeun’s eyes widened. “What did you said? You will go here at the tourism building?!” then she can hear sounds of squealing girls at the background.

“Yes noona. Actually, we are at the lobby right now.” She rushed down the lobby and saw girls flocking around where Hongbin and Hyuk are seated. They keep on smiling at everyone who looks at them and they even let others took pictures with them.

Naeun sighed deeply, thinking of what to do. She can’t just simply show up and welcome Hyuk and Hongbin in front of everyone. She won’t get herself into that trouble of course.

“Yah! Noona! Are you still there? Where are you now? People here are kind of umm… I can’t explain. Can you just get yourself here?” Hyuk keep on looking around while Naeun tries her best to hide herself a few inches away from the scene.

But maybe Hyuk is just too good at finding things or maybe she’s too bad at hiding.

“Noona!” Hyuk yelled as he and Hongbin get up from their seat. They go to her while Naeun just frozed on her spot and everyone looked at the three of them with eyes of shock and disbelief.

“This is the end of me.” Naeun muttered.

 

 

 


Sorry if this update is late that its supposed to be. I just had a writer's block.

Thank to all who read and subscribe this story. Thanks also to those who leave their comments! I really appreciate it guys!

 

lovelots!~

-matoki_angel