Moving In

It Will Always Be You

 

 

Since there are no classes today, Hongbin decided to spend his free day with Hyuk, who is approximately playing for two hours already. The younger offered to hang-out somewhere but Hongbin declined. There has been too much drama caused by his parents lately and he just wants to take a break from all of it.

Hyuk just kept on playing, aiming to beat his current record while Hongbin is just thinking deeply until finally, he speak up.

 

“Hyuk, we need a dorm.”

Hongbin statement made Hyuk drop his joystick and look at his hyung causing him to lose the game he is currently playing. It took him nearly a minute before he recovered and speak up.

“Aren’t you the one who told me that it will be more convenient for us not to get a dorm? And you made me lose my game. How dare you, hyung.”

“I’m just thinking that living in a dorm would help us in many ways. We could live independently. And besides, the dorm is part of our miscellaneous fees. It’s better if we’ll just use it.”

In their university, it’s up to the students if they will occupy their dorm room or not. In their freshman years, Hongbin and Hyuk decided not to live in the dorms because they won’t be able to taste delicious food courtesy of Mrs. Han, according to Hongbin.

“And we get have some freedom.” Hongbin added, hoping that he could convince his Hyuk to his proposal. “So what do you say?”

“Whatever. As long as I can bring my gaming console with me, I’ll be fine.”

“Then start packing your things. We’ll move this coming Saturday.”

 

Saturday came and the two managed to move in and unpack their things before the day ended. Their dorm is nice. It has two rooms, a kitchen and a bathroom. The rooms are big enough for them and they feel really comfortable with the ambiance of the dorm as a whole. They know that they can stay for long here.

 

“Hyung. There’s something I need to tell you.” Hyuk called Hongbin’s attention as soon as the latter finished arranging his own room.

“What is it?”

“I’ll go back to the house and I’ll just be back here on Monday. Mom wants me to go home. She said it’s important but she won’t tell me what it is. But I really think it’s urgent so I need to go back. Will you be ok here by yourself?”

“Yeah, sure. I can manage, I guess.”

“You can also go home if you want.”

“I’d rather prefer to call it a house. Home doesn’t seem to be the right word for it right now.”

 

Hyuk just looked at his hyung and shrugged. After a few minutes, he already bid goodbye and Hongbin was left alone at the dorm. He took his time to roam more inside the place and feel comfortable with it. He looked at almost every corner and he even saw a silver ring in one of the corners of his room. Maybe the previous occupant left it there or maybe didn’t noticed that it was lost or something. He decided that he’ll just give it to the landlady in case someone will go back of it.

 

Suddenly he heard a loud thud from the unit next to his. It’s like something fell hard on the ground. Afterwards, he heard loud swears and curses of a girl’s voice.

 

Because Hongbin is being a concerned neighbor and a certified gentleman, he gathered all his courage to go out and knock on the door of the unit beside his. It took about two minutes before the door opened up. He was welcomed by an irritated but still a beautiful face that he has been seeing for the past weeks. That face he loved to see once in a while.

 

“Why are you here?” Naeun tried to hide the pain in her face as she opened the door but it immediately crumpled when she saw that it was Hongbin who was in her doorstep.

“My unit was just beside yours. I suddenly heard something and I just want to know if everything’s okay.”

“Are you stalking me?”

“Of course not. You might be my girlfriend and I want to spend time with you but not to the extent that I will follow you, 24/7. Hyuk and I just moved in today and I came here to know what happened because I heard you swearing to the heavens about things which I’m not really sure what is.”

Naeun rolled her eyes and sighed. “I also just moved in today. I fell off from the ladder as I put up my wallpaper.”

Hongbin’s eyes widened and rushed to Naeun while the latter was startled by Hongbin’s reaction.

 

“Are you hurt? Why am I even asking? I'm sure you are.”

“No. I-“

“Where does it hurt? Did you do something on it like first aid?”

“No but-“

“You should have asked someone to do it for you instead. Why are you alone?”

“I can man-“

“You should have called me to do it for you.”

“It’s really o-“

“What if something more terrible happened to you? You could have-“

“LEE HONGBIN WILL YOU PLEASE STOP PANICKING?! I’M NOT YET DEAD!”

 

Hongbin stopped from bombarding Naeun with questions and looked at her with eyes full of concern.

 

“I’m alright Hongbin. I want you to calm down, please. I’m perfectly fine. No broken bones, just a small bruise on the leg-“

“What?! A bruise on the leg?! Naeun that’s- AW!”

 

Naeun punched Hongbin to stop him from speaking and cutting her off. “I’m sorry that I punched your very precious face but you won’t shut up! I told you I’m fine.”

 

Hongbin just caressed the punched side of his face. Naeun felt a bit guilty so she prepared an ice pack for him. Although she doesn’t want him to get in, she had no choice even if her dorm is still not arranged and unopened boxes are still around.

Hongbin, on the other hand just looked around Naeun’s unit that just has big as his and also with the same features.

 

“Will you be living alone?” He asked when Naeun came back from the kitchen giving him a can of soda.

“Yes. I’m not much comfortable living with someone I don’t really know. How about you? Are you with Hyukkie?”

“Yeah, but he got back as soon as we finished arranging. He said his mom wants him to be home for something important.”

“It’s because his noona is coming home from U.S today. They want to surprise him.”

 

Hongbin just nodded while he still put the ice pack in his face. There was a long silence after that until Naeun decided to break it.

 

“You know what? I don’t really know much about you.”

He let out a small chuckle. “Then why don’t we get to know each right now.”

“Sounds good to me.”

“I’ll start.” Hongbin cleared his throat for a dramatic effect before he start off. “Lee Hongbin is the name. Born on the glorious day of September 29th in the year 1993. Photography is my favorite hobby as well as playing basketball. I love spaghetti and Park Hyoshin.”

 

Naeun raised an eyebrow.

 

“I’m just a hardcore fan. I’m not homo.”

 

She nodded upon understanding. “You sounded like your answering questions from a slam book.”

“Whatever. Your turn.”

“Ok. Son Naeun. February 10, 1994. I like to draw and the color black. I eat almost anything as long as it’s edible.”

“It’s amazing you don’t get so fat.” Naeun just rolled her eyes. They ran out of things to say so she suggested something which she thinks could make their bond, or whatever you call it, be stronger.

“Tell me one personal thing about you and I will also tell one.”

 

It took Hongbin for a while to speak up, thinking if it would ok to tell Naeun about the personal thing he chose to tell, but he said it anyways.

 

“My parents are on the verge of having a divorce.”

 

Naeun remained silent and waited for him to talk about it more. Looking at Hongbin, he looked like someone who doesn’t have any problems. He always looked so happy and relaxed, without any trace of sadness in his face. So now that he told her about it, she knows that he just doesn’t want anyone to worry about him and his problems but he also wants to open it up to someone.

 

“That’s the main reason why I decided to get a dorm. Living with them is way too stressful and depressing. I’m like watching a live episode of a soap opera. Seeing your family break apart and can’t do nothing about it just makes me feel like I’m worthless. I know walking away from them won’t do any good but they could at least spare me some break.”

 

“I won’t tell you that everything will be alright because I know that there’s a possibility that it won’t be. All I can say is for you to be stronger than you are right now.” Hongbin just smiled and said thanks as a reply.

 

“I guess it’s my turn now.” Naeun started. “My father died when I was seven years old.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok. I already got through it. My greatest dream was to fly so that I can reach the heavens where my dad is. So that I can tell him once more how much mom and I miss him and love him.”

 

Hongbin remained silent as he admired how Naeun loves his dad so much. It’s not every day that he could find someone in his age who willing tell others how much they love their parents.

 

“I hope that your parents could fix whatever problem they have right now. So that together, they could hear from you how much you love them.” Naeun once again let out a comforting smile which made Hongbin stare at her for a while. He found himself being delighted by her smile like he wants to see it every day.

 

It was calming and indeed comforting.


 

 

A lot of thanks to all the subbies! And to those who always leave their comments, I LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!~ *showers everyone with love sprinkles*

And I want to share something to you people. A few days ago, I dreamed about Jung Taekwoon being afraid of girls. Yes. Afraid. Of girls. He’s literally shaking when there’s a girl near him and I swear I laughed so damn hard when I woke up. But it really gave me a marvelous idea for a new story concept. Maybe I’ll start it after this one. :)

Read. Comment. Subscribe. But most especially…

 

 

ENJOY!!!~

 

lovelots,

matoki_angel