Chapter oo7

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 7: Her Trust

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved." - George MacDonald

As soon as Ahri woke up, she immediately jumped out of bed and grabbed random clothes from her closet for she was late. She was never late. She couldn't help but wonder what had come upon her to have that problem that day, but she immediately set that aside as getting to her classes were more important at the moment.

"Sh*t! I'm late!" She hissed, fleeing to the built-in bathroom attached to her bedroom to wash up.

She took a quick shower and wrapped her clean, petite body, then started blow drying her long, brown hair almost immediately. She then applied light make-up and fixed her hair, making sure that everything was simply done to save time. She had thought of leaving her face bear, but putting light-make up on her face was something that she had been doing since a couple of years ago, when she promised herself to look presentable at all times.

Finally feeling satisfied, she grabbed her bag from her study table and headed outside the room.

She dashed to the kitchen to drink some milk at least in order to prevent an empty stomach. It was one of the things that she learned from her mother. It was better to be late than to study with an empty stomach. You wouldn't decipher any of the lessons anyway with an empty stomach, as distractions also known as food would only flood your mind.

She noticed that the bag from the fast food restaurant from last night was gone already, so she figured that her brother already ate it. Unknowingly, her mind flew to the boy that had saved her last night. With a shake of her head, she put those thoughts away and dashed outside the apartment with the banana milk she took from the fridge.

Luckily, she arrived at school ten minutes early, much to her relief. She decided to buy her morning dosage of coffee from Starbucks, her favorite coffee shop. She was greeted by the bittersweet aroma of coffee being brewed at the cafe, which made her smile inwardly. At the background, the song Coffee Shop of B.A.P was being played, soothing her nerves for some reason – the song had that effect. She wasn’t a fan of that K-pop group though as she was more of like a person that loves listening to ballads. She had grew tired of that band's name as the girls from the school had kept on talking about it, obviously irritating the girl. She quickly ordered a frap and dashed out of there, not wanting to be late any further.

Before going to class, she went to her locker to get the books she will be needing today. When she arrived at her English class, she had already finished her coffee, and she was immediately greeted by Baekhyun and Chen, who were both abnormally gloomy today, which was unlike how she met them yesterday. 

Regardless, she had anticipated to see the two on that English class, but she was left slightly disappointed by their gloominess. She shrugged it off though. It wasn't like she'd ask them what was up. It wasn't like she'll talk to them in the first place, too.

She also noticed that the boy from the couple making out the other day was today, but the girl – whom she knew was Jessica – was present, and it was clear that she was really bored. Ahri wondered why. Oh. That was a sarcastic comment, but the way.

Chen and Baekhyun greeted her with a small hello as soon as she set her on her seat. She mumbled a soft and almost inaudible 'Hello' and sat down – the boys heard it though,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter