Chapter o16

Bittersweet Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 16: Her Blush

"I don't think that you can fake warmth. You can fake lust, jealousy, anger; those are all quite easy.
But actual, genuine warmth? I don't think you can fake it." - Keira Knightley

Ahri was at the park today, with a coffee at her hand. She was sitting at the swing, watching the different families mingle with each other. Today was a Sunday so there's no classes. She decided to clear her mind and spend her afternoon here since her brother went to the mall with Baekhyun to shop for new clothes. "Hey. This is the third time I meet you here." Kai greeted her while sitting down on the other swing.

"Hi. And yeah. My brother left me alone so, I figured I'd hang around here for a while. Didn't expect you to be here though." she replied.

Kai chuckled all of a sudden, "I remembered the first time I talked to you. You weren't even this responsive to me back then. I'm happy that you're more open now though. I didn't expect to have fun talking to you."

She scowled and put on a derp face.

He bursted out laughing, "Don't do that face! You look like your brother."

She rolled her eyes at him. When he finally calmed down she asked with a pokerface, "So, what brings you here Mr. Kai?"

"Yeah, well, I was bored… and I thought you'd be here." he stared at her for a while. Ahri seemed hypnotized with his beautiful eyes but she shook her head and turned her eyes elsewhere.

"Y-yeah whatever." she stuttered.

A moment of silence passed by.

"So how are you feeling?" he asked. Ahri looked at him in confusion so he continued, "You know... after letting out your feelings when you told us your past."

She shrugged, "I'm not really sure, but I think I'm in the process of moving on. I mean, I'm not really affected like it was before. When I see him and Jessica kissing at the room or at the hallway, I don't feel jealous anymore, just disgusted. He wasn't like that at the past you know. It's really just disappointing."

"Yeah. He doesn't hang out with EXO anymore these days too since he and you brother fought. Tao had been talking to him though since he's the closest to Kris hyung."

"I feel really guilty though, since they fought because of me. I don't like it when Chanyeol gets mad. I prefer him going crazy and happy all the time although it's irritating," she pouted unknowingly.

"I'm really surprised though. I assumed you'd be down after you told us your past, you know? I didn't expect the ice princess to be this cute," he said while pinching Ahri's cheeks. She blushed a deep shade of red and swatted Kai's hands away. She stuck her tongue out at him.

Kai chuckled, "You can call me Jongin by the way. You should feel priviledged since I only let my close friends call me that."

"Jongin, huh?"

She raised her eyebrows at him, "Cocky much?"

This time Kai was the one who stuck her tongue out. The two of them hung out the park for 2 hours before Kai walked her home at their apartment and left. During those 2 hours, they became close as they shared random stories and jokes. It was definitely sure that the ice surrounding her was slowly melting since she met EXO.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter