Takane No Hana

You met me at a very strange time in my life

hiii~ Sorry for semi abandoning this story >.< 


"So have you two kissed yet?"

Naeun froze. In her mind, she was imagining Myungsoo's face inching closer and closer to her-

"Ehhhhh??? You're blushing!"

Jolted back to reality, Naeun shook her head vigorously. 

"But my gut feeling tells me that you two have..."

Naeun continued shaking her head like it was a matter of course. Chorong frowned.

"He did something to you right?"

Naeun bowed her head in defeat. She can't lie to her bestfriend.

"He kissed me," she mumbled.

"He kissed you??? I was half-kidding at first but now that it's come to this... Naeun, you just started dating, why did you let him do that?"

Chorong turned to face away from Naeun.

"That ert," she muttered under her breath through gritted teeth.

Naeun bowed her head lower, her hair completely covering her face. Chorong yelped when she turned back to her.

"You almost frightened me! I thought you were Sadako* for a mome-"

(*from the movie Ring)

Naeun realised Chorong was staring at her hand. She then left Naeun to go to her room. There were urgent whispers from behind the door. Naeun looked at her hand which had several water droplets on it.

"Huh... Why am I crying?"

Shortly after, she felt someone- Eunji- climbing the couch to give her a backhug. Bomi was hugging her from her left, while Chorong sat on her right, gently her arm. Eunji's voice broke the silence.

"Naeunnie, this wasn't your fault. Nobody would have been able to stop the person they like. We are just worried that you get hurt."

"We all love you very much," cooed Chorong.

"But if he does anything weird, I swear I'm going to-" 

To everyone's horror, Naeun began sobbing. 

"Naeun?" Bomi squeaked.

"Shhh! She can't talk now babo!" 

"H-h-h-e"

"She's trying to say something!" Bomi urgently murmured.

"i-i-i-i-is m-m-m-my"

"Take your time dear."

"faa-faa-first *deep breath * kiss."

There was a collective gasp.

"You mean to say, Kim Myungsoo is your first kiss???"

"Of course that's what she meant babo."

"And did you like it?"

Naeun nodded. Suddenly she was engulfed by hugs around her. She felt a smile growing on her face, her heart feeling like it was about to burst.

[Later that night]

Naeun was exhausted. She couldn't believe she cried just now. It wasn't as if she was upset, more like overwhelmed. Her phone vibrated in her palm, almost giving her a heartattack.

1 notification from Myungsoo oppa

Heart beating rapidly, she clicked on it.

11.17pm

Myungsoo: Sorry. I shouldn't have done that. 

Naeun felt her stomach drop.

"Did he regret kissing me? Well.. Now that I think of it, he took away my first kiss... But still, if anyone were to take it away, I want it to be him...Arghhh what should I reply so that he won't worry??"

She began typing her answer. 

It's ok. Don't worry about me.

She breathed out a sigh. She didn't think Myungsoo was the type to regret what he does.

"What if he actually felt obliged to say he liked me? Was that kiss just a way to say thanks? "

She groaned and rolled onto her stomach. 

"Was I naive to let him kiss me?" 


Woohyun raised his eyebrow as he looked at his phone that morning. 

1 notification from Rong-rong

11.30am

Rong-rong: I have news. Call me asap.

While he was glad that she was finally texting him, he kinda felt scared of the consequences of calling her then. He excused himself from the dance studio and walked to the stairwell, shutting the door behind him. He held his breath while waiting for her to pick up.

Yo baby. What is it? 

It's about both our members. 

Shouldn't you tell Gyu-hyung first?

I'm worried he might freak out.

I feel somewhat honoured.

*Sigh* Its Myungsoo.

 What about that loser?

He's dating-

Naeun.

Ehh? How did you know?

 He's been acting strangely when we have to greet you guys. Normally, he would simply bow to everyone but I noticed that now he would bow to everyone except Naeun. So I observed him more carefully and realised that he would straight up stare at her when he was sure nobody was looking. 

Wow...

Yup, I'm smart right. BUT, I know people might get upset though... 

 What do you mean?

Lots of guys don't dare to ask her out. Even if they do, she would straight out reject them. We like to call her the Takane No Hana** of the Kpop world. But anyway, to me you are much prettier~

(** Takane No Hana: Translates to "flower on a high peak". From the manga Hibi ChouChou)
 
Don't make me regret telling you all these.
 
 Mian, mian.
 
So anyway, its been a week and Naeun told me they haven't been texting at all since they first started dating.
 
What??? How come? Something happened?
 
You could say that.
 
Come on... Tell me...
 
I can't tell you because I'm not sure myself but anyway, there's bound to be misunderstanding with no communication right? 
 
True. Why are you telling me all these though?
 
 Well. I have a plan to get them to start talking. But you have to promise me to make sure Myungsoo doesn't find out.  
 
I swear.