Alone Together

You met me at a very strange time in my life

Thank you so much for subscribing:) Pls do leave a comment, I'll love you forever <3

Ps: a lil myungeun moment irl here  youtube()com/watch?v=leBdvff9JFg     (I counted more than 5 glances stolen by Naeun lol)


The floor was racing as fast as Naeun’s heart. She had no clue where he was pulling her to and was reminded of the scene where he had pulled her to the alleyway. During the time where they had become friends, she was so sure that confessing would be a shout in the void(It was, in fact, a slip of the tongue.) She had always imagined what it would be like if she had not slipped up that night so they could carry on being friends. She wouldn’t care about being hurt as long as she could see his smiling face again. Yes, being friends was better. That was what she thought.

 “He’ll never love me.”

Everything had changed. Maybe it was the fact that he was pulling her by her hand instead of her sleeve like the other time. Maybe it was the fact that everything else seemed to be in black and white and they were the only two humans in colour. Maybe, it was the fact that she sees herself in him more than she would like to admit. Naeun was sure that she wanted to be with him now. It was as simple and as complicated as that.

She heard the sound of a door being closed shut and found herself in the pantry of the same level they were on. She could hear him trying to catch his breath. Suddenly it became apparent to her that they were alone together. Her face grew hot as the ghost of his lips hovered over hers in her mind and she felt her knees give way, causing her to slide down to the ground. Myungsoo gasped and immediately crouched down beside her.

“Naeun??? Gwenchanayo?”

Naeun froze for a second. She just realised how much she missed his unmistakable voice. Snapping out of her stupor, she managed to squeak out.

“K-k-kenchana.”

Naeun had her head hung low now, letting the silence fill the awkwardness between them. The silence was overbearing.

"I have something to say." both of them said at the same time.

They both giggled silently, albeit awkwardly.

"Go ahead,"

"Aniya, after you oppa,"

As Myungsoo breathed in preparation to say what he wanted to say, he suddenly paused. He turned his face to look at her for the first time that day, showing the slight panic in his eyes. Naeun listened and nearly freaked out when she realised that the voices outside the door belonged to none other than to Woohyun and Chorong.

The footsteps seemed to slow down once their reached outside the door. Naeun's heart was racing uncontrollably and Myungsoo instinctively interlocked his fingers into hers. After what felt like hours, the chattering diminished and disappeared. Naeun and Myungsoo collectively heaved a sigh of relief. Although the imminent danger was gone, Naeun still counldn't seem to stop her heart from beating really fast as Myungsoo didn't seem to want to let go of her hand just yet. 

"Sorry for not texting you for the past week," he whispered. "I did want to text you... So please don't misunderstand."

Naeun looked at him incredulously at him. He was staring at his knee as if it was the subject of his confession. Myungsoo let go of her hand suddenly and finally met her gaze.

"Are you angry at me?"

Naeun thought about his question and suddenly her heart felt heavy. These past 3 years of her unreciprocated love ("Was it really love?") was definitely worse than waiting for his text for the past week("Was it?"). All she knew was that she missed him very much. Naeun realised it was her cue to reply and gathered all her mental strength to say what she wanted. 

"I'm not angry at you."

"The truth Naeun! Tell him the truth!"

"A-and anyway, getting angry tires me out so..."

Naeun mentally smacked herself.

She concluded, "You don't have to worry about me."

 Naeun held her breath, waiting for his reply like she always did with him. He seemed to be thinking reallly hard.

"Naeun... You’re supposed to tell me what’s on your mind,” he half-whined.

Naeun’s felt like her defences were stripped down. Was she really playing hard to get? Or was she protecting herself from the threat of being rejected? Gathering all her courage, she looked at him straight in the eye.

“I was waiting for you to text me.”

“Sorry...” Myungsoo whispered.

Naeun sighed. “Aaand I missed you. Happy?”

She then proceeded to turn away but not before long she felt arms round her shoulders from a backhug.

"Naeun-ah, thanks for sharing your feelings with me.”

 Naeun’s eyes widened as she immediately tried to pry off his arms (with more difficulty than she would like to admit).

“O-oppa! Do you know where we are??”

Myungsoo hugged a little tighter for a millisecond and abruptly let go, getting up to his feet and holding out his hand for her to take. His smile seemed to shine in the dark. Naeun took it and let him help her up her feet.

“Oh yeah. What did you want to say just now?"

Naeun answered, " Well... I think you've already guessed it since you took an effort to pull me here."

"What? That that event just now was planned to get us talking?"

Naeun smiled.

"Yeah. And I'm pretty sure Woohyun knows too."

Myungsoo laughed. It seemed that he had guessed that aspect too.

"Lets see how long Woohyun is willing to keep his mouth shut," Myungsoo replied. "In any case, you have to get back. I'll go after you."